1.    #1  
    I ran into a very strange problem with my custom ROM setup. I just started using Telenav on my Cingular phone. I have a custom ROM with Treo650-1.20-ENA and Firmware 1.71. With this config the Telenav audio prompts (such as "approachng rt turn") dont work.

When I downgrade the phone to Treo650-1.17-CNG and Firmware 1.51 the Audible prompts start working!

Why the Telenav application behaves this way is a mystery. The bigger question is there any way to fool the Telenav software into thinking that I am running Treo650-1.17-CNG?

Has anyone customized the CNG roms with FAT32, Fastblazer added and all the junk except Versamail removed (real, tutorials)?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2  
    I have done some more testing and found that the standard 1.20-ENA ROM works correctly with Telenav. So now the problem is narrowed down to what change in my custom ROM could be causing this problem?

I have a repartitioned ROM with Real, Tutorials and Languages removed and FAT32 and Fast Blazer installed.
    Perhaps it's using Real? Or AMRDEC lib or something like that.. I suspect your custom rom is missing something it is expecting.
  4.    #4  
    khaytsus -

you are my hero. After spending 5 hours trying all the different ROM files you solved the problem. I was missing the AMRDEClib file. All is good now.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/24/2006 at 12:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    khaytsus -

you are my hero. After spending 5 hours trying all the different ROM files you solved the problem. I was missing the AMRDEClib file. All is good now.
    Swieder - Glad to hear you found the problem Congrats.... now you can truely enjoy Telenav and what it has to offer.