1.    #1  
    My phone just started restarting non-stop today and I haven't installed any new programs in over 3 months. I've tried doing a soft and hard reset and nothing works. When I do a hard reset it asks if I'd like to erase all data and I hit up for yes, but it keeps restarting. It goes to the Access screen for about 1 second and restarts.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've searched Palm's site but since it won't do anything after resetting it I'm stuck. I really need to get this fixed for Christmas!!!!
    Having gone through this in two previous phones, I can almost guarantee you that it's a hardware problem. Thus, you'll have to get the phone replaced.
  3.    #3  
    Uh! Are you serious? Which provider do you have? I have Verizon. What did you end up telling them and did they end up giving you any trouble with replacing the phone? I don't have any type of insurance so will that be a problem? (I've had it since June and purchased it at Verizon)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Try pulling the battery out for a few minutes...then put it back in. I had a similar issue but I don't remember what I did to fix it.

Good luck!!

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by loopit View Post
    Uh! Are you serious? Which provider do you have? I have Verizon. What did you end up telling them and did they end up giving you any trouble with replacing the phone? I don't have any type of insurance so will that be a problem? (I've had it since June and purchased it at Verizon)
    My phones have all been Verizon, and my first two (the defective ones) were bought in May and June. Apparently, those first few batches of phones had defective ROM chips (among other possible defects); I'm just surprised that your phone took this long to manifest the problem. (There are a bunch of older threads about this on this board, several of them started by me, as I was an early recipient of this problem.) This is not an "insurance" issue, and I'm pretty sure they'll just replace the phone for you.
    Hard reset did the trick for me.
    Barry Friedman
    Raspyni Brothers
    www.raspyni.com
    SPRINT with a TREO 755p