Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Wow !!! I modify my T650 following this instructions, and now I can use a SanDisk 8Gb MicroSDHC card on it (obviously using a Micro - SD adaptor ;-) ).

Very usefull tread.
    It still has the drawback of texting being disabled?
    Just did the update last night - SMS works. VFSMark result improved on the identical card. Thumbnails loads faster in Media app, also on the identical card.

Didn't test SDHC because of no card.
    Quote Originally Posted by troponin View Post
    Hey guys, I'm also having troubles getting the ROM Tool to recognize my Treo 650.

I've installed the ROMTool software, Bootloader drivers (it recognizes the device as "HTC USB Sync"), and have correctly loaded the Bootload v 0.24 screen on my Palm Treo. HotSync is disabled, I have no passwords or locking on my Treo, and still no luck. The status just says "Waiting for phone..." with no change. I'm running Windows Vista.

Any other ideas?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Treo$ $ROM$ $Tool$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $with$ $Vista$.

After playing around in Vista without avail. I switched to an XP machine to do the job.
    Have you tried running the ROMTool in compatibility mode?

Find the actual EXE file, right-click on it, select Properties and then the Compatibilty tab, try the XP or 2000 mode and apply that. Next time you run the ROMTool it might work, because it will run differently.

Have you run the 6.2'beta' version of the palm desktop, to make sure the phone and computer communicate over the USB in Vista itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Are you using RomTool? You shouldn't be adding anything into the .zip file manually. Delete the files from the folder, add the files you want..and RomTool will take care of zipping up all the files. It's likely resetting because you're changing the zip file's md5 by manually touching the zip file - which needs to match exactly to the md5 in the zip file itself.
    Thanks for the heads up I think some of us were actually removing and adding files to the zip file. Once I worked with the folder and let ROMTool zip the files it worked ok.

Thanks Again

http://www.savealifett.com
    Hi,

after modifying my rom as described in the the first article, my 1GB SD-card worked well.
    Yesterday something strange was happening: I used the Quick install tool to move some zlauncher theme-files to the card. After that the files on the card showed strange names with graphic symbols in the file-manager. I was unable to delete them. Formating the card in a file reader solved that.
    Today I tried to format the card with the treo card info tool. The formating started but never ended. Removing the card terminated the formating leaving the card unformated.
    Formating a 500 MB card worked fine.
    After re-flashing the treo with the original rom the 1 GB card worked fine.

Does anybody had problems with formating sd-cards 1GB and larger?
    Any known problems destroying data-structure on sd-cards by transfering files with quick install tool or similar?

Thanks in advance

Oiram
    My Treo650 (and a friend's as well) formats a 2GB card without any problem, all by itself with the factory ROM load. That's a current ROM load though, if yours has not been updated since the phone was first made--apply the most recent ROM update from the Palm web site, for your phone and carrier.
    Can someone send me easy to understand step by step instructions on how to re-configure my Cingular Treo 650 to recognize the 4 Gig Scandisk Micro SD card that I recently purchased. I bought the card for a friend to use in his Garmin, but it turns out the unit will not recognize the extra 2 Gig of storage. It sounds like the Treo can be changed to use the larger card by and advanced user, but this all sounds very confusing and a bit risky to me. pz7pvq@yahoo.com (Detroit area).

Thanks

Tim
    Oh, well, I just followed the steps in the first post and made my Transcend Class6 SDHC 8GB worked.

However, when I went to the cardinfo and tried to format the card, it takes more than 40 minutes as it hanged. So I ejected the card to stop the formatting.

Does anybody know if the original cardinfo works in SDHC mode for 8GB card?

Thanks!
    Hi. Short-time lurker, first-time poster here.

To start out with, I'm using a Sprint Treo 650 with 1.13a_SPNT firmware on it.

I have found one thing: Working with zip files (especially anything rearchived with another external ZIP program) is VERY problematic. I'd change out the necessarily files in the zip, then dump the new ROM to the phone. It would keep going into a reset cycle. Instead, I used ROMtool's built-in facilities to handle a directoryful of files.

Using this method, I just unzipped the raw archive I got from the phone, then I moved out the three files I needed to replace, moving in the needed PRC files to make it allow SDHC cards. Then pointed ROMtool to the directory and dumped the mess to my phone. It sees the 4GB MicroSD card I bought today just fine. I haven't played with it much just yet.

Meanwhile, going to mess with that and see what other kinds of hacking people have been up to.

--Ian.
    Last edited by IRJustman; 05/31/2008 at 03:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Using the setup, described later, I found the following Pro's & Con's ( Limits) for 8 GB Flash recordings:

* PRO's: No problem filling & reading 8 GB card with TomTom maps,
    DocToGo files pictures, mOcean music, 8-10 full length movies ( Chicago,
    My Fair Lady).

* CON's & Limits were observed only with movies:

Displayed frame rate on Treo was "jerky". It looked more like 15 fps
    than the 30 fps set up in the Neuros interface recorder.

* Movies had to be recorded in 2-3 segments that were each limited to
    <512 MB ( about 1 hr 21 min.). If this limit was exceeded, I would get
    a Kinoma/Treo warning flag that said: "This cannot be played because
    its the wrong format or corrupted.

Does anybody have a solution for the frame rate and recording limitations ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setups:

* Treo 650, 8 GB Flash card, Unlocked

* Treo modified via Matthew Mastracci ROMTool:
    * Added Fat 32, Removed unneeded apps.
    * Free Space = 22.8 out of 23.4 MB
    * 8 GB Transend, Class 6 Flash card used.

* Kinoma Player version 4.4.1 used for playing movies from 8 GB Flash card.

* DVD's recorded to 8 GB card via:
    * Kingston USB SDHC card reader
    * Neuros OSD interface device to DVD player.

* Neuros OSD recording Default setup:
    * Playback "Smartphone"
    * Save to: USB/ dcim
    * File name: Movie.mp4
    * Resolution : 320x240
    * Video Bitrate: 768 kbps
    * Framerate: 30 fps
    * Audio Format: AAC
    * Audio Bitrate: 96 kbps
    * Record length : 1 hr, 20 min
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks to this thread and others on Treocentral, I am now running a 4gb SDHC card on my Treo 650

Now all my games/apps are working, I have no problem in the camera app and I can send/receive messages too... EXCEPT the port of Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Previously it used to run flawlessly from my 2gb SD, but from my 4gb SDHC it soft resets and doesn't load. I even tried running it from my 2gb card but no result.

Any ideas?? I really love that game... I might just decide to go back to the original ROM.. that's how much i love it... LOL
    THX for ur great job.
    My SD Card stop working after install the official palm update 1.20-LAP with firmware 1.71.

I did modified my ROM ( http://www.shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2061 ), and installed the fat32.prc using Romtool. It works 100% for weeeks.
    But now i lost my card reader function after made the official update from 1.13 to 1.20-LAP software.

I restored my old ROM full backup (containing the original fatfs.prc) but the file "slotdriver: SDIO-sdsd" remains in ROM and RAM too. I tried deleting this file from RAM using Filez.prc. I restored many times the original ROM (not containing SlotDriver_SDIO-sdsd.prc).
    But the slotdriver remains.

Can somebody help me remove the file SlotDriver_SDIO-sdsd.prc from ROM and put back "MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc" to my treo ROM?
    I try using upload original rom that contains the file MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc but when i use filez to search it, the MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc is missing.

Please help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUB View Post
    Using the setup, described later, I found the following Pro's & Con's ( Limits) for 8 GB Flash recordings:

* PRO's: No problem filling & reading 8 GB card with TomTom maps,
    DocToGo files pictures, mOcean music, 8-10 full length movies ( Chicago,
    My Fair Lady).

* CON's & Limits were observed only with movies:

Displayed frame rate on Treo was "jerky". It looked more like 15 fps
    than the 30 fps set up in the Neuros interface recorder.

* Movies had to be recorded in 2-3 segments that were each limited to
    <512 MB ( about 1 hr 21 min.). If this limit was exceeded, I would get
    a Kinoma/Treo warning flag that said: "This cannot be played because
    its the wrong format or corrupted.

Does anybody have a solution for the frame rate and recording limitations ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setups:

* Treo 650, 8 GB Flash card, Unlocked

* Treo modified via Matthew Mastracci ROMTool:
    * Added Fat 32, Removed unneeded apps.
    * Free Space = 22.8 out of 23.4 MB
    * 8 GB Transend, Class 6 Flash card used.

* Kinoma Player version 4.4.1 used for playing movies from 8 GB Flash card.

* DVD's recorded to 8 GB card via:
    * Kingston USB SDHC card reader
    * Neuros OSD interface device to DVD player.

* Neuros OSD recording Default setup:
    * Playback "Smartphone"
    * Save to: USB/ dcim
    * File name: Movie.mp4
    * Resolution : 320x240
    * Video Bitrate: 768 kbps
    * Framerate: 30 fps
    * Audio Format: AAC
    * Audio Bitrate: 96 kbps
    * Record length : 1 hr, 20 min
    You might want to make sure your card does not have too much content before a recording. Maybe the file is too fragmented and your player struggle to keep up and play it smoothly. If you can format the card and try another recording of 1h or more and let us know how it works out.

FJ
    Neuros
    Can somebody help me remove the file SlotDriver_SDIO-sdsd.prc from ROM and put back "MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc" to my treo ROM?
    I try using upload original rom that contains the file MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc but when i use filez to search it, the MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc is missing

This is why the Palm-Update has this Slot-driver instead of the MMC..device
    I've been using a custom ROM in my Verizon Treo 650 for a long time now (years?!) and had a A-data 8gb SDHC Class2 card and it works great. Since prices of the SDHC cards have dropped considerably, I'm looking at swapping my 8gb card for a 16gb card and hopefully going to class 6 to help increase read/write times. Currecntly read/write on the class 2 is tolerable but noticeably slower than my original 1gb card which brings me to my question.

What is the latest version of the fat32.prc file? The one i currently have is 58224 bytes. Since I think it was originally extracted from a default ROM, I was wondering if there was an updated fat32.prc in a later ROM from sprint (or whomever the original came from)? Anyone know if there is a later version? I figure if I am going to update the ROM in my phone, I minus well use the latest fat32.prc.

Thanks for all the great info everyone!
    what do u mean by things giong wrong
    I successfully did the ROM swap and have been using the phone with an 8gb card for months. Storing and playing music works fine.

The only thing I noticed is that the camera/video camera application in the phone does not seem to recognize the card, and will not save pictures/videos to it. How could I correct this?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast