Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    sorry, i know this is an old thread...

is there any reason this wouldn't work on a verizon cdma handset? or is it gsm only?

thanks for helping out a n00b
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The new 16GB SDHC card is now at newegg.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    All you should need is the FAT32.prc file on any Treo that accepts an SD card.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi there!

I just followed the procedures explained on page 1 and I'm very happy to see my SDHC 4GB card is working with my Treo 650 but I can't seem to be able to text now.When I try,after a while I get an error message(Error:An error occuredf(4058) when sending this message.Please check the phone number or e-mail address and try again).I have been sending messages there in the past so not a wrong number and I tried 2 different numbers with the same result.Anybody has a fix for this or is it something unrelated?Thanks for your help!
    Hey There -

Wondering if anyone can help me... this thread has been extremely helpful, so thanks in advance...

I did everything it said... downloaded and backed up my ROM - deleted the 3correct files and replaced with the specified files... then replaced my ROM... My Sprint treo 650 works same as before - checked the ROM with FileZ and it has the files replaced...

My SDHC card (4 gig) will not work. Immediately upon inserting it into my Treo 650 it puts it into a reset loop. The only way to break the loop is by ejecting the card. Other (smaller) SD cards work fine... texting works fine, phone works fine...

I tried putting the SDHC card into my computer (windows XP) and it won't read it... or allow me to format it.

Any assistance would be great... thanks so much!

-Andre
    get yourself an sdhc card reader (should not be considerably more expensive than a regular one) and then try formatting your card with your computer before inserting it into your treo and formatting again. these are my spontaneous thoughts regarding your problem.
    Thanks for the help Jinx...

I actually went out and bought a SDHC reader that came with an additional SDHC card... The new card works... the old card doesn't, which leads me to think I have a burnt out card...

oh well - I guess I'll try getting my money back now.

Thanks
    Andre
    Hey guys, I'm also having troubles getting the ROM Tool to recognize my Treo 650.

I've installed the ROMTool software, Bootloader drivers (it recognizes the device as "HTC USB Sync"), and have correctly loaded the Bootload v 0.24 screen on my Palm Treo. HotSync is disabled, I have no passwords or locking on my Treo, and still no luck. The status just says "Waiting for phone..." with no change. I'm running Windows Vista.

Any other ideas?
    I have a cingular GSM 650 and the phone continuously resets after I do these ROM patches.
    I tried patching only the FAT32.prc, but same thing.
    Had to go back to the original 1b.17 image.
    Ideas anyone?
    Has anyone with a Bell Treo 650 gotten this to work? After flashing, I get into the reset-loop immediately and im forced to rollback..
    Quote Originally Posted by tim@newtek.com View Post
    I have a cingular GSM 650 and the phone continuously resets after I do these ROM patches.
    I tried patching only the FAT32.prc, but same thing.
    Had to go back to the original 1b.17 image.
    Ideas anyone?
    Did you try the Fat32 update only? (No SHDC support?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Has anyone with a Bell Treo 650 gotten this to work? After flashing, I get into the reset-loop immediately and im forced to rollback..
    Iīm having this reset-loop too (GSM Cingular updated to 1.20ENA)
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    Iīm having this reset-loop too (GSM Cingular updated to 1.20ENA)

I have a Sprint Treo 650. I read Volume Care causes a reset loop if it is in ROM.

I had the same problem but when I got the original ROM back on the phone with only the FAT32 change it works fine.
    Well, I can confirm this works with a Patriot Signature 16GB Class 6 SDHC card. Treo's a little slower to detect the card on inserting it, and pTunes is slower at finding all my music, but since there's about 12GB's of mp3's on it now, that's to be expected

And to the above posts, I have volume care installed, and never experienced any problems. Although mine is unbranded and unlocked.

Great post.. I now have a 16GB portable media player/phone. Thanks!
    My treo 650 goes into a boot loop. It's not a disaster because all I have to do to get the old ROM back in is hold in the hotsync button on my cradle and it immediately loads the bootloader and the Treo Rom Tool will switch out the ROMs with no problem. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what workarounds there are?

Thx,

Carpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzltyr View Post
    I have a Sprint Treo 650. I read Volume Care causes a reset loop if it is in ROM.

I had the same problem but when I got the original ROM back on the phone with only the FAT32 change it works fine.

Nop, I havenīt got no third party programs in ROM....so Volume Care isnīt the culprit in my case
    Hi all,

It worked very well for me.

1. Sprint CDMA phone;
    2. A-Data 8G Turbo SDHC from Newegg ($30 AR);
    3. iRock card reader from NewEgg;
    Short on time and sleep so please forgive this for being the dumb question:

The ONLY thing I need to do is obtain (from?) the FAT32.PRC file and copy it to my Treo650, and then my Treo will be happy to use 8GB or 16GB SD cards without problems?

(Confused by the somewhat contradictory reports/references, and the lack of sleep.)
    EazyE,
    thanks for the detailed step-by-step guide on how to sdhc enable but after following your instructions, my treo 650 keeps rebooting after I've uploaded the new ROM... any suggestions on where to start?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Works. Treo 650 upgraded (yes you need to upgrade the Treo 650 ROM per the instructions). Using 8GB transmedia SD Card ($35 after rebate newegg); can now load gobs of tunes. thank you!

Note Pockettunes / Rhapsody users - Pockettunes 4 works but reports only 3.5gb of total space - we'll see if this limit is enforced when we get there. Any non-DRM tunes are recognized fine; any Rhapsody-to-go tracks need to be re-downloaded (then work).

AndyN
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast