Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 182
  1. #61  
    Guys from the 680 thread already confirmed that the sdhc update posted works to read up to 8 gig with their built in notebook card reader.

    : ) There's no need to buy a card reader now. Save yourself $25 and dont be like me.
  2. tcs
    tcs is offline
    tcs's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    #62  
    Too bad it is for WinXP only. I used win2k and usb card reader
  3. #63  
    Thanks for the info MFB! I've got the card reader on my older Dell laptop working great with the Transcend 8gb card, and you saved me the time, hassle, and expense of ordering a separate reader.

    Now if I could just get the Treo to recognize the proper size of the drive. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if everything worked perfectly. Have you noticed that the Treo reads the card at half capacity until you fill up the first 4 gigs, and then all of a sudden it starts over again thinking you have another 4gb card?
  4. MamboKing's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #64  
    Has anyone tried using the Winxp Hotfix for SDHC Support that MFB posted with the "Softick Card Export" Utility? I would like to continue to use this Card Export program on my Treo650 when my 8GB card arrives (shipping now). By the way, I successfully upgraded the ROM on my Sprint / Treo650 to support the 8GB card. I can't test it until the card arrives, but my "old" 2GB Card (formatted FAT) continues to work fine.

    Thanks to everyone for this great info - 8GB will make my Treo650 even more useful to me.
    Mamboking
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad View Post
    1) FAT32 is fully supported.
    No it is NOT fully supported!!! Read my other thread about shadowmite´s fat32.prc file: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=134564

    I tested this with a 2 GB Transcend MMC and a 32MB Sandisk SD Card.

    The delete operation on fat32 formatted memory cards does not work
    correctly. It locks up the system for a period of time (several minutes).

    Go on and try it yourself with the filez application as I described in the above mentioned thread.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
    the WiFi hack is currently being worked on by the great Dmitry who brought us UDMH and the like at http://www.palmpowerups.com/ ( topic being discussed here http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,44052.0.html )

    [quote from Dmitry]
    Anyways current progress: installation of drivers: 100% works. Wifi card is recognized and used. Scanning for networks also works. Connection works (at least DHCP does as a valid IP is obtained). Connection, however is broken immediately after it is made. No idea why yet, but working on it...
    Let us assume he manages to get it working properly (what is not very likely atm). We would still be missing a VoIP SIP client software to get the full advantage of the Wifi card, right? Or do you know of such an application for the Palm OS right now?
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mik30 View Post
    No it is NOT fully supported!!! Read my other thread about shadowmite´s fat32.prc file: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=134564

    I tested this with a 2 GB Transcend MMC and a 32MB Sandisk SD Card.

    The delete operation on fat32 formatted memory cards does not work
    correctly. It locks up the system for a period of time (several minutes).

    Go on and try it yourself with the filez application as I described in the above mentioned thread.
    Follow the directions outlined in this thread. I can easily delete 350 mb in a few seconds using resco explorer. I have a 4 gig transcend sd card.

    It must be a fileZ bug.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by mik30 View Post
    No it is NOT fully supported!!! Read my other thread about shadowmite´s fat32.prc file: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=134564

    I tested this with a 2 GB Transcend MMC and a 32MB Sandisk SD Card.

    The delete operation on fat32 formatted memory cards does not work
    correctly. It locks up the system for a period of time (several minutes).

    Go on and try it yourself with the filez application as I described in the above mentioned thread.

    Strange!!! I tried it without a problem using FileZ, Palm File Manager, and Resco Explorer on a Transcend 8G SDHC card and they all worked fine without a lockup or even a delay.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by mik30 View Post
    No it is NOT fully supported!!! Read my other thread about shadowmite´s fat32.prc file: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=134564

    I tested this with a 2 GB Transcend MMC and a 32MB Sandisk SD Card.

    The delete operation on fat32 formatted memory cards does not work
    correctly. It locks up the system for a period of time (several minutes).

    Go on and try it yourself with the filez application as I described in the above mentioned thread.
    It is rapidly becoming clear that your device probably has some sort of software conflict on it (or defective hardware, but that seems unlikely).

    Before any more posting on this subject, may I suggest you try a hard reset with a custom ROM where the ONLY change is FATFS to FAT32 and see if that works? This seems reasonable as you seem to be having problems that others are not.
    Last edited by westronic; 01/19/2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typos
  10. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Here are the files I used to add to GSM 650 ROM. Use EazyE's instructons but this has the SmartText fix that works fine in ROM. Should not have any messaging issues.

    Thanks EazyE


    This is probably a stupid question but is this file a fix or the replacement to the files needed to get the 650 to see use a 8 GB card?

    Or do I still need the above (1st post) files?
    Please bare with me I'm pretty new at this stuff.
    Dont want to make my TREO a brick.
    Thanks
    JW
  11. MamboKing's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #71  
    I confirmed that the Softick Card Export Untility (turns the Treo into a card reader so you can directly access the SD Card) works fine with the 8GB Transcend SDHC card (you must of coarse have the Hotfix posted by MFB on your PC). I also tested all of my applications running on the 8GB card - they all worked fine (Pocket Tunes V4.0.1, DataViz Documents to Go V9.00, TCPMP Version 0.71b, Olive Tree Bible Reader V3.6.4, Audible Player V2.7.1, Butler V3.9.3, etc... ), and things seem to work faster from this card, probably due to the faster diver code provided by the Hotfix.

    Thanks guys, this is GREAT!

    NOTE: Clearly the FileZ application needs an update, as it does not provide proper information about the 8GB card.
    Mamboking
  12. #72  
    EazyE, You mention in your original post that you had one minor flaw.

    Today i have confirmed that my testing with the Treo680's slotdriver files which supports Secure Digital High Capacity(SDHC) cards is a success with only one minor flaw but with a fairly simple fix.

    Were you able to fix the flaw and what was it. I would love to be able to use the 8gb without any flaws with the exception of the treo650 not seeing the full 8gb I have multiple card readers that I can transfer files to without using the treo to do so. Am curious!
  13. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamboking View Post
    I confirmed that the Softick Card Export Untility (turns the Treo into a card reader so you can directly access the SD Card) works fine with the 8GB Transcend SDHC card (you must of coarse have the Hotfix posted by MFB on your PC). I also tested all of my applications running on the 8GB card - they all worked fine (Pocket Tunes V4.0.1, DataViz Documents to Go V9.00, TCPMP Version 0.71b, Olive Tree Bible Reader V3.6.4, Audible Player V2.7.1, Butler V3.9.3, etc... ), and things seem to work faster from this card, probably due to the faster diver code provided by the Hotfix.

    Thanks guys, this is GREAT!

    NOTE: Clearly the FileZ application needs an update, as it does not provide proper information about the 8GB card.
    You said, "you must of coarse have the Hotfix posted by MFB on your PC".
    What if one is using a MAC?
    Was it just a figure of speech, because the majority use PC's?
    Thanks
    JW
  14. #74  
    How do you read / format these 8GB Transcend cards?

    I download and applied the XP patch and rebooted
    http://hotfix.xable.net/download/ind...v4-x86-ENU.exe

    Then I pluged my Lexar multi-card read into the USB 2.0 port and put the 8gb card in there.

    I went to the command line and did format fs:/fat32 /a:8192 /q and it won't format. After many minutes i get 'error in IOCTL call' Likewise i can't right click it in the GUI and format it either.

    What am i missing?
  15. #75  
    Card Reader by Mobile Systems works great also (even on Win Media Pro), turns the Treo into a true card reader and recognizes the full 8gb of the sdhc card. Seems faster than Card Export to me, runs totally from the Treo. I haven't tried the bluetooth capability of the latest version yet, but I like it a lot more that Card Export (not necessary to continually adjust the settings).

    http://www.mobile-stream.com/cardreader.html
    Last edited by hpspringer; 01/23/2007 at 08:04 PM.
  16. #76  
    Yes you will be able to use the 8 gig card. But there will be drawbacks.
    1. Your media app can no longer show preview for pictures and video.
    2. You can no longer attach pics and video to mms because of the above
    3. Taking a video is no longer possible. If it works, video file will be choppy.
    4. Its just slower to write on if you're using a 650. Vfs mark gives you a 6 to 16 score on write. My 4 gig can write at almost 70. Both are Transcend and formated at 32k.

    The same card works flawlessly on a 680. Im assuming based from my firsthand experience that it is not just the driver that needs to be upgraded. Im just glad my Copper 680 is coming this Feb. 9
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by hpspringer View Post
    Card Reader by Mobile Systems works great also (even on Win Media Pro), turns the Treo into a true card reader and recognizes the full 8gb of the sdhc card. Seems faster than Card Export to me, runs totally from the Treo. I haven't tried the bluetooth capability of the latest version yet, but I like it a lot more that Card Export (not necessary to continually adjust the settings).
    Looked for the program you mentioned "Card Reader by Mobile Systems" and can't find it anywhere... and like the idea of bluetooth capability... can you provide a link? Thanks!

    Also, just got an A-Data 8GB SDHC card from NewEgg for around $74 shipped... had the hack for the 8GB cards already on my 650, put it in and it at least recognized, haven't tested more than that... but none of my card readers work with this card... SDHC problem I presume!
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Yes you will be able to use the 8 gig card. But there will be drawbacks.
    1. Your media app can no longer show preview for pictures and video.
    2. You can no longer attach pics and video to mms because of the above
    3. Taking a video is no longer possible. If it works, video file will be choppy.
    4. Its just slower to write on if you're using a 650. Vfs mark gives you a 6 to 16 score on write. My 4 gig can write at almost 70. Both are Transcend and formated at 32k.
    8GB SDHC A-Data not re-formatted (left at default 4K cluster):
    1. WFM
    2. WFM
    3. WFM
    4. WFM - writing could be faster, though I don't see it as a problem

    BTW, the primary reason I've left my card on the default 4K cluster is because I have a set of about 10,000 files that average 12KB in length. Moving to a 32KB cluster would waste about 200MB of storage!
  19. #79  
    I'm new... what do you mean by WFM?
  20. #80  
    WMF=Worked for Me
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions