1.    #1  
    I want to sync my Outlook mail with versamail. I do not have IMAP or an Exchange Server. I have pop3 access (with my Yahoo small business account). I have setup the (versa)mail client on the Treo and the desktop conduit as well. Lots of activity during the hotsync however, nothing shows up on the Treo. Likewise when I send a message from the Treo, nothing is copied to Outlook.

Is it possible to do this?

Outlook 2003
    Treo680 unlocked
    POP3 access
    No IMAP
    No Exchange Server
    Last edited by roadwarrior; 12/23/2006 at 11:59 AM.
    You'll need to set the settings in Versamail. So go to the Hot Sync icon in the system tray and right click on it. Then choose Custom, then click on the Versamail conduit. Choose change, then you'll need to EDIT the versamail account - or you can create a new one. Now by editing, I mean you'll have to plug in your specifics. You'll need your Outlook profile, your email inbox and outbox settings/server and your password. In short you have to set the conduit up just as you would Outlook - this will allow Hot Sync to capture the emails without Outlook being open.

No personally, I create a "new" account and I don't use Versamail as the account name - this is just a habit I picked up over the years to keep one account "virgin" in case I want to add another account that's wireless later.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    You'll need to set the settings in Versamail. So go to the Hot Sync icon in the system tray and right click on it. Then choose Custom, then click on the Versamail conduit. Choose change, then you'll need to EDIT the versamail account - or you can create a new one. Now by editing, I mean you'll have to plug in your specifics. You'll need your Outlook profile, your email inbox and outbox settings/server and your password. In short you have to set the conduit up just as you would Outlook - this will allow Hot Sync to capture the emails without Outlook being open.

No personally, I create a "new" account and I don't use Versamail as the account name - this is just a habit I picked up over the years to keep one account "virgin" in case I want to add another account that's wireless later.
    Thanks for the reply Moose -
    Well I've done that. I am able to send and receive on both the Treo & in Outlook. It says it's syncing - just no data shows up on either the device or in Outlook. Any ideas?
    1. Go into Outlook - click on inbox, then right click choose properties. On the General Tab - be certain that "Automatically Generate Microsoft Exchange Views" is checked.

2. If it isn't check it and then sync.

3. If condition continues - then go to help menu in Outlook, run "Detect and Repair". You may need the install discs for this process so if you don't have them handy - abort because it'll get so far and may lock you out. If you have them - it's a no brainer.

Then advise - I may have more suggestions.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    If I understand, roadwarrior wants to hotsync outlook mail with (versa)mail on the treo, so the messages in the outlook inbox are synced with those in the inbox on the treo. roadwarrior is already able to get and send email wirelessly.

I was under the impression that it was not possible to hotsync outlook mail with (versa)mail on the treo 650/680/700. I am doing that with inbox to go from dataviz. (inbox to go came with documents to go premium version 8, but is not available in version 9).

rsgmoose, are you saying it is possible to hotsync outlook mail and versamail, without exchange or IMAP?

G
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    If I understand, roadwarrior wants to hotsync outlook mail with (versa)mail on the treo, so the messages in the outlook inbox are synced with those in the inbox on the treo. roadwarrior is already able to get and send email wirelessly.

I was under the impression that it was not possible to hotsync outlook mail with (versa)mail on the treo 650/680/700. I am doing that with inbox to go from dataviz. (inbox to go came with documents to go premium version 8, but is not available in version 9).

rsgmoose, are you saying it is possible to hotsync outlook mail and versamail, without exchange or IMAP?

G
    GeorgeP,
    I have and use docs togo premium vs 8. I don't see the inbox togo. Shoould re-install DTG vs8?
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    GeorgeP,
    I have and use docs togo premium vs 8. I don't see the inbox togo. Shoould re-install DTG vs8?
    It is only available with DTG premium v8. It does not come with DTG professional v8. I think there may have been a question during the installation asking if you want to install inbox to go, but I don't remember for sure. You may want to try reinstalling.
    Last edited by GeorgeP; 12/23/2006 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post

G
    Yes, I did it on my 600, 650 and now the 680 but you must realize this is a "conduit" sync. I am connected to the PC that houses my Outlook file and Versamail is not syncing wirelessly so I'm still using Pocket Mirror Pro XT to sync the Contacts portion.

FYI, unless I missed something - Road Warrior is also available as standalne program not requiring DTG8....although it's probably cheaper to upgrade then to purchase individually.
    Last edited by RSGMOOSE; 12/23/2006 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Moose Man