1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I just got a 650 and to be frank I don't have the time to use it right now so it will be essentially sitting in box for the next couple of months.

I've got 30 days to return it now and am wondering if you think that might not be wise considering the 680 and 700 are out.

Questions for you:

1. Is there anything *important* the 680 and 700 can do which the 650 can't with a software upgrade or dowloaded 3rd party program (eg. better mp3 player)? Any deal makers/breakers of these updgrades over the 650?

2. If I go the 700 route, should I go windows CE or Palm OS? (sorry if this has been asked a dozen times).

Thanks,
    Raz
    Well, if I wasn't going to use it, I would return it. Why did you get it in the first place if you weren't going to use it?

You can read the 680 and 700 forums to find out good/bad things about those phones.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I agree with Tony - if it is going to be sitting in a box for a couple of months, return it and figure out what you really want. IMO, the newer models offer some web speed enhancements, but little else. And I would wait for the firmware upgrade to come out before considering the 700p. The 650 is a solid unit.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys,

I could really use you guys as my financial advisors of which I agree I'm in dire need.

But, I came here for technical advice not accounting advice.

Raz

PS. The 'reason' I got the treo 650 (if that's relevant to the question) is that there was a promo at the time and since then I've had a family crisis which has taken up all my spare energy and time.