Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone else is still using Desk Accessories on their 700P. I have been using them for quite some time now but they seem to be harder and harder to find (at least in English). I don't know why they haven't caught on; I've always thought they were great utilities.

    So I wanted to start a thread and ask what DA's people are using. I'll start. I'm using:

    DA Launcher - use to launch the DAs
    Ak Utils - view time, date, battery, memory, adjust screen brightness, etc.
    ezConvDA - unit converter
    ListMakeDA - um... makes lists
    RakuDA - quick to do, memo or appointment maker
    ReplacedDA - find and replace text in memos
    ScreenDumpDA - take screen shots (like Snap)
    SimpleClockDA - just what it says
    ToDoDA - quick to do maker (redundant if you use RakuDA) EDIT: Appears to work on the 700P after all.
    daMemoPad - quick memo maker (redundant if you use RakuDA)
    wclockDA - two time zone clock

    I've used many of these off-and-on since my 600 but I haven't had a chance to test them all out on the 700. What's everyone else using?
    Last edited by hoovs; 01/03/2007 at 08:31 PM.
  2. #2  
    Can't make my list right now, but:

    Might wanna try PetitLaunch for launching stuff (including DAs) - 2 button presses and voila.

    daMemoPad worked on a 650 but you have to watch it - if I used it to edit a memo that was larger than 4kb it would truncate down to 4kb (the old limit; apparently was never updated). No warning. Thank goodness for backups!

    I see you tried ToDoDA and found it doesn't work on a 700p. Too bad! I use that one a lot. You mention RakuDA to provide this functionality; does it work on a 700p?
    Last edited by sblanter; 01/01/2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: More info.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Can't make my list right now, but:

    Might wanna try PetitLaunch for launching stuff (including DAs) - 2 button presses and voila.

    daMemoPad worked on a 650 but you have to watch it - if I used it to edit a memo that was larger than 4kb it would truncate down to 4kb (the old limit; apparently was never updated). No warning. Thank goodness for backups!

    I see you tried ToDoDA and found it doesn't work on a 700p. Too bad! I use that one a lot. You mention RakuDA to provide this functionality; does it work on a 700p?
    Thanks, sblanter. I've been using DALauncher with LudusP to launch the command bar but I've been thinking about moving to TreoCommandBar from RNS so I can use a menu button long press. I'll take a look at PetitLaunch but I seem to remember looking at it before and it being more than I needed.

    By the way, yes, RakuDA works well for to do's on the 700P and it has the added benefit of having an appointment and memo function in the same DA.
  4. #4  
    Nice list, hoovs.

    I also use daTimer, a nice countdown timer good for setting a quick alarm.

    BTW... If you like daTimer, and you understand what it means to run a hex editor, I've figured out how to adjust the default time values in daTimer. Read on ...


    Mod for changing initial alarm time:
    - Load daTimer.prc file into a hex editor
    - Goto hex address 3F7
    - Change hex value 3C (60) to, say, B4 (180)
    To also change snooze time:
    - Goto hex address 245
    - Change hex value 0F (15) to, say, 3C (60)
  5. #5  
    I've been using ToDoDA on my 700p without any problems. Are you using the latest version?

    Here's a bunch of them:
    http://www.muchy.com/category/dasoft.html
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Nice list, hoovs.

    I also use daTimer, a nice countdown timer good for setting a quick alarm.

    BTW... If you like daTimer, and you understand what it means to run a hex editor, I've figured out how to adjust the default time values in daTimer. Read on ...


    Mod for changing initial alarm time:
    - Load daTimer.prc file into a hex editor
    - Goto hex address 3F7
    - Change hex value 3C (60) to, say, B4 (180)
    To also change snooze time:
    - Goto hex address 245
    - Change hex value 0F (15) to, say, 3C (60)
    Thanks Patrick. Do you happen to have another link to that DA? The one provided isn't working.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman View Post
    I've been using ToDoDA on my 700p without any problems. Are you using the latest version?

    Here's a bunch of them:
    http://www.muchy.com/category/dasoft.html
    Right you are. It doesn't appear the app has been updated in a while so the problem was probably user (me) error. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    FYI, some folks mentioned that the ezConvDA link was broken. I found a different link and posted it in the original post.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Thanks Patrick. Do you happen to have another link to that DA? The one provided isn't working.
    Here you go...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Here you go...
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions