Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I'm with Sprint and my 700p will not receive calls.

Over the past 3 days I have spoken with 7 different supposed data/treo/vision experts and they have all done the same things to no avail.

They have programmed and reprogrammed and re-provisioned my phone and nothing helps.

Now, they tell me to take it into a store and a tech will look at it and if they have to replace it they will. When I asked if i would be getting a new phone or a used one I was told it could be either. They would not guarantee a new phone.

Something seems wrong with buying a brand new phone for a lot of money only to have it replaced just 3 months later with a refurbished one

Everything else works, email, internet, outbound calls, vm... it just will not receive calls. Everyone goes to vm. I can't believe it's the phone itself. Doesn't this sound like a "system" problem?

Some of you may remember I went through 3 phones some months ago because my treo kept hanging up on people at random times. They just kept trying new phones trying to blame the problem on the treo itself. After being told by numerous Palm and Sprint reps that it was the phone, I finally had a smart tech say it was the system, not the phone, and he fixed it.

Can anyone help with this? Not even a hard reset helped.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have had problems recently with data roaming causing my phone to not recieve calls. If I am in a roaming area and snapper mail connects to download email, the data connection stays live. It will every few seconds show the arrows green and then gray. This continues to happen untill I kill the data connection. Also when I go out of a roaming area back to a sprint area the phone will stay on roaming. It is becoming a real problem for me.

I went to a sprint store and talked to a tech and he said to call tech support.
    Check your geen data arrows when you can't recieve a call. I bet they are going back and forth between green and gray.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Well, only 48 views so I guess the interest in my problem is little to none. But, for the 1 responder (thanks for trying powerpack) I'll close the loop on this one.

Took the phone into Sprint today. They have a huge store in the Shopping Center where we were going to see "Night at the Museum". The girls dropped me off and 2 hours later I had a brand new 700p. It was a very nice experience. Every tech in the back took turns at it and they were all stumped.

Everything looked normal and tested normal. I guess we will never know what caused it.
    Well, only 48 views so I guess the interest in my problem is little to none. But, for the 1 responder (thanks for trying powerpack) I'll close the loop on this one.
    Dont get offended. People here won't reply unless they have something to contribute, if they can't help you the usually won't reply.

Back to the OT- did you have any call-blocking software installed like Callfilter? I had the same problem about a year ago, it was some call blocker app that was blockinh ALL my calls, not just the ones I specified.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    Dont get offended. People here won't reply unless they have something to contribute, if they can't help you the usually won't reply.

Back to the OT- did you have any call-blocking software installed like Callfilter? I had the same problem about a year ago, it was some call blocker app that was blockinh ALL my calls, not just the ones I specified.
    I didn't mean it that way. Probably should have worded it differently. I agree that folks here are very helpful.

No, I didn't have any call block software. The problem repeated itself even after a hard reset. It stumped everyone. I'm happy to have come out of it with a new phone as opposed to refurbished.
    Glad you got what you wanted...it being the Christmas season and all, but I've never understood what's the big deal with new vs. Refurb.

First of all your giving up a "used" phone, why expect a new one in return? Besides a refurb has been checked out and a new case put on. It looks just like a new one (usually) and if it doesn't you CAN refuse it based on the fact that it's scratched, Etc.

Just my 2

Merry Christmas,
    Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree View Post
    I'm with Sprint and my 700p will not receive calls.

Over the past 3 days I have spoken with 7 different supposed data/treo/vision experts and they have all done the same things to no avail.

They have programmed and reprogrammed and re-provisioned my phone and nothing helps.

Now, they tell me to take it into a store and a tech will look at it and if they have to replace it they will. When I asked if i would be getting a new phone or a used one I was told it could be either. They would not guarantee a new phone.

Something seems wrong with buying a brand new phone for a lot of money only to have it replaced just 3 months later with a refurbished one

Everything else works, email, internet, outbound calls, vm... it just will not receive calls. Everyone goes to vm. I can't believe it's the phone itself. Doesn't this sound like a "system" problem?

Some of you may remember I went through 3 phones some months ago because my treo kept hanging up on people at random times. They just kept trying new phones trying to blame the problem on the treo itself. After being told by numerous Palm and Sprint reps that it was the phone, I finally had a smart tech say it was the system, not the phone, and he fixed it.

Can anyone help with this? Not even a hard reset helped.
    FINALLY....someone ELSE has my problem! I have been experiencing the VERY SAME thing for the last 4 days! I called Sprint on Sunday and they blamed it on the towers in FLA and said it should be fixed within 48 hours. I called again today, and the guy told me it could be a combination of a problem with the network and my phone (got the 700p in september)! I asked him if I should have it assessed by a technician, and he said it wouldnt hurt! So I went in, and they exchanged it for a NEW one (right out of the box)! It worked for less than 45 min, and reverted back to not receiving texts or phone calls. If I make an outgoing call, then all the texts come in and any voicemail notifications come through! This is bugging the hell out of me!
    Oh, and I performed a hard-reset and ran the phone without ANY added software, and it did the same thing. I am going to call them again when I get off of work tonite (in a few minutes).
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    First of all your giving up a "used" phone, why expect a new one in return? Besides a refurb has been checked out and a new case put on. It looks just like a new one (usually) and if it doesn't you CAN refuse it based on the fact that it's scratched, Etc.
    Why wouldn't I expect a new phone? Very expensive product that I had for 2-3 months goes defective and I would accept refurbished? Don't think so. I have a much higher standard than that.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Oh, and I performed a hard-reset and ran the phone without ANY added software, and it did the same thing. I am going to call them again when I get off of work tonite (in a few minutes).
    Well, the new phone went bad today after just 2 days. Was on the phone with Sprint's technicians (3 different ones) all day long.

They all did the same things and they were all useless. I just kept calling back in hopes of a smarter tech.

Then, I ran into George who introduced me to a different kind of hard reset. He said it was a better, more intense hard reset. It worked. The only question now is how long it holds.

Here's what he did:

He had me type ##786# followed by Menu then reset. It asked for a number and we typed in 566655

We will see if it lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree View Post
    Well, the new phone went bad today after just 2 days. Was on the phone with Sprint's technicians (3 different ones) all day long.

They all did the same things and they were all useless. I just kept calling back in hopes of a smarter tech.

Then, I ran into George who introduced me to a different kind of hard reset. He said it was a better, more intense hard reset. It worked. The only question now is how long it holds.

Here's what he did:

He had me type ##786# followed by Menu then reset. It asked for a number and we typed in 566655

We will see if it lasts.
    Thats interesting! But it didnt work for me. The number you typed in is specific to your device. I think that number is the 6 digit number they use to program your phone with, because that was the number that worked for me. But I was on the phone with Sprint for an hour last night and 45 min this morning and they put in a trouble ticket for me. Woe is me...I just hope retentions steps in and makes a worthy recovery!
    Update:

the ##786# is a back-to-factory reset. This procedure also erases your phone's programming! You lose the number that was programmed and everything, so you have to re-program your phone, vision, etc! I think it worked for me....I will see for the next day and report back.
    I got a refurbed 650 about a year & a half ago & I must say that I was unhappy with it. It just seemed to have more problems than my brand new ones did.

I would still accept a refurb now, but only b/c I'm on a tight budget. If money was no object, I'd just buy a new one if something went wrong.
    I got a refurbed 650 about a year & a half ago & I must say that I was unhappy with it. It just seemed to have more problems than my brand new ones did. refurbs are basically defective phones that are "fixed" & resold. I agree that we should get brand new replacements when our $600 devices fail.

I would still accept a refurb now, but only b/c I'm on a tight budget. If money was no object, I'd just buy a new one if something went wrong.