1.    #1  
    what's everyone's favorite web browser for the 680????
    If Blazer wouldn't loop me back to the sign-in screen when I try to sign onto "MYEBAY" account, it'd be my favorite. Opera Mini is fast, free, and seems to be free of all the bugs I experience with Blazer.
    WHY IS IT THAT NO LIKES WHAT COMES WITH THE PHONE? perhaps it's the project aspect of the Treo lineup that everyone is attached to.
    WHY IS IT THAT NO LIKES WHAT COMES WITH THE PHONE? perhaps it's the project aspect of the Treo lineup that everyone is attached to.
    For the same reason none of us likes a stock car off the production line - we each tweak it, decorate it and customize it to suit our likes and needs.

Or maybe because what comes off the production line doesn't produce what is advertised?

Kind of like that "bowl haircut" sure we could all live with one - but who'd want to?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    tccentex, what you experience is a slight bug in the new Blazer's code that caches the page but doesnt check the cookie when it reloads the page. This is something that I believe that is easily fixable on Palm's part, and my hope is that in an upcoming ROM fix that could be included.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    there are other choices out there that function and meet most other's needs without this crazed need for 3rd party alternatives. just goes to show you that these Treos are not all they're cracked up to be.

i agree with you. it's not what it's advertised to be but at $400 it's hardly a comparison to a stock car off of a production line as it's more expensive than most devices available in today's market. what you're really wanting to say is that it performs as well as the lowest common denominator in the automobile space. it works but just not as well as you would like.
    i use webpro, except for when i use youtube mobile -- i then use blazer. I can't seem to get links to open up in kinoma player via webpro but through blazer it works fine
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    sucky! i installed the latest version.

upon first use, it brings me to the "User Agreement Acceptance" thingy, and then it just goes back to my apps page!!!

same thing... tried it 5 times. then it rebooted..

What JVM soft do u use? maybe my JVM version sucks?

any advice would be much appreciated. thanks..
    Blazer is the only browser I can get to run on my 680.

Opera wo't get past the home screen for me... I'd really appreciate any tips for getting it to work.

How in the world do you get WebPro onto your 680?

I experienced the login looping issue right here. I turned off the "Default Carrier" for Proxy, then I was able to login.

I need a browser that won't give away the fact that I'm on a mobile device. I used to login to PayPal to process credit card transactions with Virtual Terminal... but with Blazer I am redirected to PayPal Mobile. PayPal had no solutions or work arounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    WHY IS IT THAT NO LIKES WHAT COMES WITH THE PHONE?
    For Palm's target market for the 680, I would bet Blazer is just fine.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    there are other choices out there that function and meet most other's needs without this crazed need for 3rd party alternatives. just goes to show you that these Treos are not all they're cracked up to be.

i agree with you. it's not what it's advertised to be but at $400 it's hardly a comparison to a stock car off of a production line as it's more expensive than most devices available in today's market. what you're really wanting to say is that it performs as well as the lowest common denominator in the automobile space. it works but just not as well as you would like.
    Olavarez is just a troll that is trying to convince people one by one, to convert to his "almighty" blackberry..... He never has anything good to say about the treo. Why he even posts here, I don't know.
    you goof. that's not true at all. have owned them all and now on my second 680. your quote of mine doesn't even mention a blackberry and was in response to someone elses post.

i say it how i see it and if you would pay attention to other's posts (and not just mine) you'd see how unhappy so many others are as well. i also believe there is a "other devices" forum where countless individuals post on their unhappiness with their Treos and their recent conversions to other non-Treo devices. if you don't believe that then put on your reading glasses and spend some time in the "battery life" thread and tell me how many pleased individuals you find.

troll? hardly. anything good to say about the treo? sure, many, but it just so happens to be that Palm keeps faking it up with their devices one after another. so i as an owner of many of them can say as i please and if you don't like what i have to say then too bad.

whatever.

and just to show you how wrong you are, here is my original post on this subject matter:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hardly saying anything "bad" but asking a question and following it with a statement.

enjoy the day.
    I took someone's advice from another thread and while in Blazer, went to OPTIONS/PREFERENCES/ADVANCED/SET PROXY - and un-checked "USE DEFAULT CARRIER PROXY" - I can now login to MYEBAY account without the looping issue on the sign-in screen. Don't know if the proxy tip fixed the propblem or if Palm did a quiet ROM update, but it works now. HOORAY!
    I just did the "proxy" thing too and now I'm logged in here for the first time on my 680. I still can't get in my photobucket acct or my bank acct though.