1.    #1  
    Can I use my Garmin iQue 3600 setup on my Treo? I recently picked up a GlobaSAT 359S for the Treo, and would like to avoid having to get new nav software....
    Thanks!
    JB
    Hi, I have IQue 3600 too and I like to use this software in my Treo. Anyones knows?. The maps of Garmin for me is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctos View Post
    Can I use my Garmin iQue 3600 setup on my Treo? I recently picked up a GlobaSAT 359S for the Treo, and would like to avoid having to get new nav software....
    Thanks!
    JB
    See my other posts in this forum. The bottom line is that if you want to use Garmin map DVDs with a Palm PDA other than the iQue (in this case a Treo), you must use a Garmin GPS 10 bluetooth receiver (or soon, the Garmin Mobile 10). The reasons are (1) the Treo, unlike the iQue, does not have a 'real' gps receiver built in (yes there is the assisted gps for 911, but that requires cell tower support) and (2) the Garmin GPS unit itself is the hardware key for the map DVDs. The plus side of the equation is that once you buy a Garmin receiver, you can use the receiver + maps on as many Palm, WM and Windows desktop devices as you want as long as you have the Garmin receiver with you.
  4.    #4  
    I appreciate the reply! I already have the Treo and G-Sat reciever, so I guess I'll just investigate other software..... bummer!
    Cheers
    JB
    Probably TomTom is the way to go if you already have a non-Garmin BT GPS.
  6.    #6  
    I'll look into Tom Tom this week, have heard decent things about it.
    I've also heard good things (better?) about EMTAC Navigator V 3.0?
    Cheers
    JB