Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Egrips are finally available for pre-order! I love egrips and have used them on every device since the Treo 90. All phones in my house are egriped as well as my digicam. I have very sweaty hands and even with my Smartphone Experts skin case the 680 still feels to slippery. I have never dropped any device that I egriped and the device always stays where I put it. Plus, the 680 egrips are clear so it won't matter what color your 680 is. Egrips aren't the solution for you if you like your 680 cased but I like naked devices. However, they might still work if you have a skin case. I had my T3 in a crystal case for a while and I put the egrips for the T3 on the case. Even though I'm ordering the egrips I will still buy a zCover case if they ever make one. My fingers are crossed.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    FWIW, the nice folks at Best Skins Ever told me they will be coming out with a 680 version in the coming weeks
  3.    #3  
    I've never used Best Skin Ever, but I'm assuming they're just like the invisibleSHEILD I have on my screen. If that's the case Egrips has the upperhand. I know my screen shield is grippy but it's not even close to being as grippy as Egrips. But you have to keep in mind that Egrips aren't a body protector. They are just a grip enhancer. They won't protect against scratches or nicks. That's why I mentioned putting them on a case instead of putting them directly on the 680 if scratch and nick protection is important to you. You could probably put them on top of a BSE body protector too.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    would sticking the egrips interfere with sliding in and out of a vaja case?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I've never used Best Skin Ever, but I'm assuming they're just like the invisibleSHEILD I have on my screen. If that's the case Egrips has the upperhand. I know my screen shield is grippy but it's not even close to being as grippy as Egrips. But you have to keep in mind that Egrips aren't a body protector. They are just a grip enhancer. They won't protect against scratches or nicks. That's why I mentioned putting them on a case instead of putting them directly on the 680 if scratch and nick protection is important to you. You could probably put them on top of a BSE body protector too.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    hi, jessi. thanks for your post - i'm thinking about getting some for my 680. i only want to use a pouch case for protection with it's in my pocket or purse, but would love to have something that would make it more grippy (i also have sweaty hands).

quick questions - if you've ever removed the egrips from any of your devices, does it leave any residue on the phone? i read the faq's on the egrips site, and it says that it leaves no residue, but i just want to confirm. also, do the egrips collect dirt over time and look "grimy"?

any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Egrips come off easily most times. Sometimes the rubbery layer separates from the adhesive layer, but the alcohol wipes that they send along work great at getting the "goop" off the treo.

They've paid for themselves many times over by keeping me from dropping my Treo.

Good Luck & Happy Holidays!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sprockett View Post
    would sticking the egrips interfere with sliding in and out of a vaja case?

thanks!

Yes, like I said before if you like your 680 in a case egrips aren't for you. Egrips are so grippy you wouldn't be able to slide the 680 in without ripping off the egrips because they will not budge.

Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    hi, jessi. thanks for your post - i'm thinking about getting some for my 680. i only want to use a pouch case for protection with it's in my pocket or purse, but would love to have something that would make it more grippy (i also have sweaty hands).

quick questions - if you've ever removed the egrips from any of your devices, does it leave any residue on the phone? i read the faq's on the egrips site, and it says that it leaves no residue, but i just want to confirm. also, do the egrips collect dirt over time and look "grimy"?

any information would be greatly appreciated!
    There's a bit of residue every once in a while, but when there is it comes right off very easily. When they get dirty just wipe them with a damp cloth and the problem is solved. To me they only look grimy around the edges when they need to be replaced. Yes, they will need to be replaced as they are not a one-time purchase. However, once you go Egrips you never go back, so you will be more than happy to fork over the cash. Like chankla says, "they pay for themselves." The texture of the material really hides any grimyness on the surface of the egrips. I've never had the clear egrips before so they may show grime more but I don't know. I only know they are dirty by the feel. Sometimes they feel slightly, very slighty, less grippy and when they do I just clean them. Be sure to check out TC's egrips review. Egrips has since changed the egrip material to be more grippy since the review was written.
    ~Jessi~

Add another strong vote FOR eGrips. Can't live without them. Won't even use a device unless it has eGrips. Sounds crazy, I know - but that's how it is. I've upgraded devices over time, and I refuse to do it until I have the new eGrip in hand, ready to go.

I've had mine last well over a year, before. Awesome.
  9.    #9  
    I know what you mean, JohnnyMac. On my last cell phone, before the 680, I had the same egrips on it for over a year.
    Last edited by jessi_9783; 12/27/2006 at 12:29 PM.
    ~Jessi~

Jessi_9783 you rock. Big props to you. I just received these in the mail...i actually live 5 minutes from them, i should see if they have a store!

anyway i just put them on and i can tell they are a big improvement to the feel. I skipped the piece that goes above the camera b/c i think that should stay smooth. I originally was just going to do the sides b/c i'm always thinking how slipper it is, but since its so thin i put it on the back...it practically stuck the table! Now i know i'm not supposed to handle it for an hour per the directions so i'm putting it down.

I will say though, i have a very shaky hand..and it was very hard to put them in the perfect spot on the sides. I know i should have had my wife do it, but i wanted to do it now! (she is sleeping)

Great find!
    i have my treo sitting on the desk way to close to the edge but my computer is too far away for the supplied cable..so its close to the edge and other things have had a constant tendency to fall, but why would i put the treo there? The egrips keep it firmly on the desk! you really have to pull the cable to make it fall. Other devices have slid right off the side b/c there was no friction!

absolutely awesome....

Oh yeah...my waiting time for the adhesive to cure has passed!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    Jessi_9783 you rock. Big props to you. I just received these in the mail...i actually live 5 minutes from them, i should see if they have a store!

anyway i just put them on and i can tell they are a big improvement to the feel. I skipped the piece that goes above the camera b/c i think that should stay smooth. I originally was just going to do the sides b/c i'm always thinking how slipper it is, but since its so thin i put it on the back...it practically stuck the table! Now i know i'm not supposed to handle it for an hour per the directions so i'm putting it down.

I will say though, i have a very shaky hand..and it was very hard to put them in the perfect spot on the sides. I know i should have had my wife do it, but i wanted to do it now! (she is sleeping)

Great find!
    WOW!!! Thanks for the props, I'm glad there is another Egrips convert!!!http://friendsforever.foren-city.de/...miles/a084.gif I wish I lived close to them. I would pay them to do the installation for me. I've been in Dallas for a week so I was pleasantly surprised to find my package when I returned home this evening. I've already installed them, including the piece above the camera, and it was the easiest installation ever. I think it's because the sides are recessed so they act as a guide. I was also surprised to find the egrip that goes on the side with the volume and voice memo button had a small cut out for the voice memo button. It's very slight so it's easy to miss but it's there. The company is so precise when they cut the grips to fit specific devices. I used to try to get the color egrips, usually pink sparkle, when I could but now my favorite egrip color is clear. They look so good on my arctic 680. Hey, all fresh and clean egrips stick to tables and much more. I love that!!! Also, I know how hard it is to leave them alone to cure, you just want to keep touching them and sticking your device to stuff you would never dare try before. So I keep my devices in another room so I won't be tempted to fondle them.
    ~Jessi~

what do you mean cut out for the memo button? i only got a piece for that side that goes from the voicecontrol button to the bottom, not around the voice control and volume.
  14.    #14  
    It doesn't go around the memo button. It just has a little dip where it would normally be a straight line to fit the curve of the memo button. It's every slight and every easy to miss. Maybe it is a defect but that's how it is cut on mine. It made placing it every easy.
    ~Jessi~

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Where is the best place to buy egrips? As I understand they do wear out I don't want to pay a premium price.
  16.    #16  
    To my knowledge you can only get the custom cut eGrips for the 680 and other devices at eGrips.com. I've had on the same eGrips on my 680 since January and only now they need to be replaced. I feel I've gotten my moneys worth. You can buy sheets of universal sized eGrips at other retailers, like CompUSA and universal cellphone eGrips at Cingular Corporate stores.
    ~Jessi~

It's a shame Palm doesn't give us the GSM-equivalent of the 755p (Sprint), which has the 750 rubberized coating. Now THAT would make me buy one! Instead, I'm still plugging along with my "bar of soap" 650. <sigh>
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    Yeah, I cut up 650 eGrips for my 680... Not perfect, but doesn't look bad.

And I definitely agree there, I feel like I'm going to drop my wifes' 680 all the time.
  19.    #19  
    I agree it's a real shame. But I wonder if the rubberized paint is as grippy as eGrips. I've really been spoiled by eGrips.
    ~Jessi~

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    ok, I just ordered the 680 egrips. I got the black as I have a plain graphite anyway and I was afraid grime may show under the edges on the clear ones anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast