1.    #1  
    So I've had my 680 a few weeks, and the honeymoon is over. I've had a 650 and a 600, and without a doubt the 680 blows them away. Size, design, stability, and speed are huge improvements.

BUT...

there are a few things that are really annoying, not including the dismal battery life.

1) Blazer browser takes up to ten seconds to open. This is surprising, as overall the performance of the Blazer is much better than the previous version.
    2) Photo application- much clunkier to use- harder to navigate. Though I do like being able to move a photo directly, rather than having to copy and then delete in two separate steps on the 650
    3) Button layout- I'm grateful for LudusP, otherwise the new button layouts and assignments would make me nuts.

Does anyone else experience the Blazer slowness upon opening?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmaass View Post
    Does anyone else experience the Blazer slowness upon opening?
    Mine opens instantly, but once open it usually takes a few seconds to render the last-viewed website from cache. Depending on the site, it sometimes can take 5-10 seconds.
    This honeymoon officially ended this morning when crossing the road.

My Treo jumped out of my jacket pocket and landed in the path of a big red London bus. Sadly, my thoughts were not for my own personal safety but that of the soon-to-be-flattened 680, I ran back into the road and swooped it off the ground. Sadly, my shiny new Treo now has battle scars on the back cover and bottom corner, a tactile reminder that it's no longer pristine and new
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Blazer opens much faster if you have it open in Bookmarks view, as it doesn't have to render anything.

On the almost flattened Treo, you are very lucky yours still functions. One of my friend swept his 680 off a desk at work. It landed on the carpet, face up. Even so, the shock cracked the lcd screen and zapped it. (can't see the OS pages, just a big lcd scar!) Palm says $200 to fix, though Pdaparts (I think it was that one) has a screen repair service for $130. My friend is pondering what to do.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    This honeymoon officially ended this morning when crossing the road.

My Treo jumped out of my jacket pocket and landed in the path of a big red London bus. Sadly, my thoughts were not for my own personal safety but that of the soon-to-be-flattened 680, I ran back into the road and swooped it off the ground. Sadly, my shiny new Treo now has battle scars on the back cover and bottom corner, a tactile reminder that it's no longer pristine and new
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    Blazer opens much faster if you have it open in Bookmarks view, as it doesn't have to render anything.

On the almost flattened Treo, you are very lucky yours still functions. One of my friend swept his 680 off a desk at work. It landed on the carpet, face up. Even so, the shock cracked the lcd screen and zapped it. (can't see the OS pages, just a big lcd scar!) Palm says $200 to fix, though Pdaparts (I think it was that one) has a screen repair service for $130. My friend is pondering what to do.
    Sounds like jobs for metal cases....I'll surely be getting one to protect my investment!
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    Not workable for me. I often switch back and forth between Blazer and AOL so I can browse the web while chatting. I need it to render the last page I was at so I can continue where I left off.

Given that Palm OS does not multitask, the quick rendering from cache feature of Blazer makes this almost a non-issue.
    What AOL file/program are you using? I was using Toccer with my 650, but I think it was causing excessive resets so I removed it.