Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 226
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, I just wanted to let you know about the mod that I used for the fit and volume issues with the Jawbone. I tried several different types of eargels last night with no success. The jabra eargels worked ok but, they made the headset stick out of the ear too far. When I was taking off one of the factory eargels, I noticed on the inside there is a plastic insert glued to the rubber that actually is used to attach the eargel to the jawbone. I seperated the rubber and was left with the plastic bracket. I had been using an eargel from a bluespoon ax2 with my Samsung wep-200 that worked really well. I superglued the ax2 eargel to the plastic bracket and vuala, perfect fit. The Jawbone actually stays in the ear without using the factory earhook and is very comfortable. It also eliminates the small sound. I just wanted to give you guys/gals a heads up on what now has made the Jawbone the perfect headset. By the way, the ax2 eargel also makes the Jawbone sit more flush with the ear.
    (quoted the whole post since the original is several pages back)

    After following boxters2's advice I must say I am very pleased with this solution! The jawbone now sits very tight in my ear, and although I did not go jogging with it, it passed me jumping around like a madman and making sudden movements with my head (something the original earloop didnt quite like). I also dare say that the sound quality on my end increased with at least 200%. The 'spring like' mechanism in the original earloop which is ment to push the jawbone against your face pushed the speaker away from my ear canal, allowing for to much background noise to filter through. This became especially annoying in loud environments (for which we of course aquire this piece of hardware in the first place).

    After a long search on the internet I finally found the AX/AX2 springs as a spare part at http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/produc...SPOONAX-SPRING. It seems they are the only place where one can order this part, or at least the only place I was able to find... A bit expensive having them sent these to europe, but what are you gonna do about it eh.
    Please note that the Short or long tip option refers to the part of the spring that goes into your ear canal, and not the 'tail' of the spring. I myself ordered both a long and a short tip (hell, what is another $4.95 on the shipping cost), and I prefer the long tip since it blocks out slightly more sound from the surrounding environment.
    The one modification I made to the spring is cutting of a tiny piece of the rubber on the 'base' where you connect it to the jawbone (as you can see on the lower spring in ear-springs.jpg). The reason for this is that the plastic bracket I glued into it is slightly to large for the hole in the base, making the rubber edge stand out just a little bit. Since the spring pushes the base into your ear shell this can feel a bit painfull. 'rounding' the edge by cutting it slightly under an angle makes it sit more comfortable in the ear shell for me.
    I attached the spring to the bracket using seamgrip, since it is more flexible when dried up (more rubber like).

    One other thing is that the jawbone now pushes slightly harder against your cheek, but I must say that doesn't really annoy me, it's more that it takes getting used to when your used to the (to) loose pushing of the original ear loop.

    Overall I am very pleased with this mod. A bit disappointed that it was needed in the first place of course, but like this I think it's a very nice headset. Thx for the tip boxters2

    P.S.: Just saw a post on why people wear the headset in the left ear. For me this is because when I am driving I can still comfortably hear the person sitting in the passenger seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by arn.vollebregt; 02/21/2007 at 04:31 AM.
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by arn.vollebregt View Post
    (quoted the whole post since the original is several pages back)

    ... The reason for this is that the plastic bracket I glued into it is slightly to large for the hole in the base, making the rubber edge stand out just a little bit. Since the spring pushes the base into your ear shell this can feel a bit painfull. 'rounding' the edge by cutting it slightly under an angle makes it sit more comfortable in the ear shell for me.
    I attached the spring to the bracket using seamgrip, since it is more flexible when dried up (more rubber like)....
    You glued it on the Jawbone? Is this a removable glue (like rubber cement)? If not, then I am sticking with my Jabra EarGels.
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    You glued it on the Jawbone? Is this a removable glue (like rubber cement)? If not, then I am sticking with my Jabra EarGels.
    No, I did as boxters2 did, and removed one of the plastic 'brackets' which are inside the earbud's that come with the Jawbone. They are quite easy to remove without tearing anything up, since not that much glue is used by the manufacturer. These brackets are easy to glue into the AX/AX2 ear springs. As stated I used seamgrip to glue the bracket to the ear spring, this one to be precise.
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by arn.vollebregt View Post
    No, I did as boxters2 did, and removed one of the plastic 'brackets' which are inside the earbud's that come with the Jawbone. They are quite easy to remove without tearing anything up, since not that much glue is used by the manufacturer. These brackets are easy to glue into the AX/AX2 ear springs. As stated I used seamgrip to glue the bracket to the ear spring, this one to be precise.
    Interesting! The glue reads to be permanent on the website you provided. Now, are you attaching the ear springs to the base of the Jawbone (whats left after you twist-unlock the included ear attachments) or did you do any further disassembly? I am not sure I fully understand. I took off the included ear attachment and the hook and just slid the jabra eargel on the base of the stub. The AX2 ear springs look like they dont go all the way down to the base of the stub.
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Interesting! The glue reads to be permanent on the website you provided. Now, are you attaching the ear springs to the base of the Jawbone (whats left after you twist-unlock the included ear attachments) or did you do any further disassembly? I am not sure I fully understand. I took off the included ear attachment and the hook and just slid the jabra eargel on the base of the stub. The AX2 ear springs look like they dont go all the way down to the base of the stub.
    The ear springs dont slide over the stub, but are glued over the plastic pieces that come ouf of the original earbuds, 'brackets' as boxters2 calls them. I have disassembled another Jawbone earbud and assembled it with the AX/AX2 ear spring (sans the seamgrip since it's only a demo ) Below are pics of every step involved. As you can see the earbud was slightly damaged this time, as the glue on this one was a bit stuborn. The worst that could happen is that you have to cut away some rubber from the earbud, but that comes of easily from the plastic bracket, and your probably not gonna use the earbud again anyway (and if you do, you just choose one that doesnt fit your ear right). See the next post for the final result picture (posts have a 5 attachment limit I just noticed)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by arn.vollebregt; 02/21/2007 at 12:55 PM.
  6. #166  
    And the last picture, the ear spring with the bracket in it.
    In this picture you can also clearly see the bracket is slightly to big (but making a good fit anyway, mind you), causing the rubber edge to bend slightly outward causing the 'sharp' edge. Hence I cut a bit of the rubber away on the ear spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #167  
    OHHHHH!!! I see now! You took one of the included ear thingies and cut it so that you can add the twist-lock bottom part to the ear spring! Novel!!
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    OHHHHH!!! I see now! You took one of the included ear thingies and cut it so that you can add the twist-lock bottom part to the ear spring! Novel!!
    Well, dont credit me, I just copied boxters2
  9. #169  
    Good idea. I wonder if the same thing could be done with a Jabra eargel. Glue it to one of the base rings/brackets and then twist-lock it onto the Jawbone. Hmm.
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Good idea. I wonder if the same thing could be done with a Jabra eargel. Glue it to one of the base rings/brackets and then twist-lock it onto the Jawbone. Hmm.
    I think the orginal jabra eargels (like the ones I use) have too big of an opening. But they have new ones that have a smaller opening that may work.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    I've been using the Jawbone for about a month. Been happy with it.

    I've been even happier since I took the earhook and standard issued gels off and put a Jabra ear gel on. The absence of the earhook makes putting on/taking off much easier, doesn't interfere with glasses, improves the Jawbone volume and the in-ear comfort for longer-term wear.
    KAP,

    I saw the pictures and they look like this could work, but exactly which Gels do you have. I'll go and buy some tomorrow as long as I know exactly which ones will work. Other than looking for flaps, is there any way to know?
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcwaller View Post
    KAP,

    I saw the pictures and they look like this could work, but exactly which Gels do you have. I'll go and buy some tomorrow as long as I know exactly which ones will work. Other than looking for flaps, is there any way to know?
    You can pick these standard Jabra Eargels up at any RadioShack. Becareful, because there are some smaller (MiniGels) made by Jabra too!

    I am actually going to try the AX2 Earsprings because the largest Jabra EarGel wont stay in my ear now. I guess I may have worn it out. I am hoping that the EarSpring wont have this problem.
  13. KAP
    KAP is offline
    KAP's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcwaller View Post
    KAP,

    I saw the pictures and they look like this could work, but exactly which Gels do you have. I'll go and buy some tomorrow as long as I know exactly which ones will work. Other than looking for flaps, is there any way to know?
    bcwaller,

    Sorry for the slow response. I bought mine on Amazon. Just search for "Jabra EarGels - Clear". The price is pretty inexpensive. I always buy a couple at a time so I have spares on hand.

    The reviews on Amazon indicate that some people have had a problem with them splitting. I had this happen once, too. It wasn't the eargel's problem, though. Jabra makes them to fit on their devices, which have a specific sized stub the eargels fit over. If one tries to jam the eargels onto a stub that's materially larger, guess what happens? The rubber splits. However, I've found they tend to fit well on the Jawbone. No splitting problems for me.

    BMIC50 makes a good observation, don't buy the MiniGels. They're made for the Jabra headsets that have an over-the-ear hook, and are great for channeling sound into the ear canal for those headsets. However, they lack the additional construction to required to hold a headset in-place independent of an earhook.

    Good luck!
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, I just wanted to let you know about the mod that I used for the fit and volume issues with the Jawbone. I tried several different types of eargels last night with no success. The jabra eargels worked ok but, they made the headset stick out of the ear too far. When I was taking off one of the factory eargels, I noticed on the inside there is a plastic insert glued to the rubber that actually is used to attach the eargel to the jawbone. I seperated the rubber and was left with the plastic bracket. I had been using an eargel from a bluespoon ax2 with my Samsung wep-200 that worked really well. I superglued the ax2 eargel to the plastic bracket and vuala, perfect fit. The Jawbone actually stays in the ear without using the factory earhook and is very comfortable. It also eliminates the small sound. I just wanted to give you guys/gals a heads up on what now has made the Jawbone the perfect headset. By the way, the ax2 eargel also makes the Jawbone sit more flush with the ear.
    Just to be complete:
    If you ever do attempt this modification please take note that the 'tail' of the earspring has to be cut shorter (instead of looping it through the rest of your ear). This may sound trivial, but if the tail is to long the pressure that the earspring applies is applied wrongly on the ear pinna and the headset will want to slip out of your ear (at least for me).

    Extract from the AX/AX2 manual (.doc) (also see attachment):
    Code:
    A) Illustration shows how the earpiece with soft spring should sit in your 
    ear.
    Do not place earpiece with soft spring  in the ear, without the headset 
    attached (illustration is only to show position of the earpiece)
    HOW TO PLACE HEADSET:
    Hold headset with three fingers, insert the headset in your ear. Use your 
    indexfinger to bend the soft spring. Place soft spring in the upper bend of 
    your ear (see illustration A)
    B) Illustration shows how the headset should sit in the right ear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #175  
    Still waiting on my EarSprings....geesh! Tracking says its supposed to be here today!
  16. #176  
    Jawbone review here: http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/blu...bluetooth.html

    So yes, I'm sweet on the Aliph Jawbone Bluetooth Headset. If you're looking for the best noise canceling headset out there, this is the one.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  17. #177  
    anyone purchase the cheaper ones from ebay,are they copies, hmmmm
  18. #178  
    I bought a Jawbone yesterday from my local Cingular store.
    I charged it last night and paired it this morning.
    All that went as expected.

    I am having mixed results with sound quality, both incoming and outgoing. I have tried different ear buds with different results - but no consistant results.

    In all cases, checking in a mirror, the little white voice/cheek sensor appears to be contacting my skin in every case. Sometimes the pressure is light - with std bud to very secure and much firmer contact with some of the curved buds. In both cases though I more times than not get a staticy and clikcy sound - probably more in the later case. I even tried a Jabra ear bud - this was very secure and the incoming sound was better but the static and clicking was worse and the white nipple seemed to be pressed even harder against my cheek. I have only used the standard right earloop. Also was able to use the Jabra bud without the loop. I liked this the best but it still had the click/static issue.

    The perception from the person on the other end is that the connection is not good and I'm breaking up. I asked about background noise and that seems to be non-existant - so atleast that part is working.

    Anyone got thoughts on this?


    Also, BMIC50 - where did you order the earsprings from and what was your result?


    Thanks,
    M
  19. KAP
    KAP is offline
    KAP's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    #179  
    Sounds defective. Consider returning it, and see if the problem follows the Jawbone or remains with the phone.

    Good luck.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoZr View Post
    I bought a Jawbone yesterday from my local Cingular store.
    I charged it last night and paired it this morning.
    All that went as expected.

    I am having mixed results with sound quality, both incoming and outgoing. I have tried different ear buds with different results - but no consistant results.

    In all cases, checking in a mirror, the little white voice/cheek sensor appears to be contacting my skin in every case. Sometimes the pressure is light - with std bud to very secure and much firmer contact with some of the curved buds. In both cases though I more times than not get a staticy and clikcy sound - probably more in the later case. I even tried a Jabra ear bud - this was very secure and the incoming sound was better but the static and clicking was worse and the white nipple seemed to be pressed even harder against my cheek. I have only used the standard right earloop. Also was able to use the Jabra bud without the loop. I liked this the best but it still had the click/static issue.

    The perception from the person on the other end is that the connection is not good and I'm breaking up. I asked about background noise and that seems to be non-existant - so atleast that part is working.

    Anyone got thoughts on this?


    Also, BMIC50 - where did you order the earsprings from and what was your result?


    Thanks,
    M
    I just got the earspring working a few days ago and didnt like it. The incoming sound was just like the regular ear bud (IMO) and the earspring itself didnt suit my fitting comforts. So I went back with the Jabra eargel and the difference is noticable enough to stick with that set up. I am also using a hook as the eargel must be worn out or my ear must be worn in because it doesnt secure the Jawbone in my ear. I wish the Jabra eargel had a tail like the Ax2 earspring.

    I dont get much static, so try to re-pair the two. Sometimes I do get static (fault of Treo's BT) and I re-pair and its gone. Or I disconnect and reconnect the BT.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions