Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    I believe that the AX2 Pro also uses 2 mics (and no DSP). The lack of DSP is the key. All DSP headsets clip. There is no way around it. Some people are willing to trade off call clarity for background noise reduction. Not me. I also prefer more volume than the Jawbone can put out and an easier way to adjust the volume.

FWIW, the AX2 Pro is not at all delicate. The Jawbone is the delicate one and has been known to break very easily at the earloop. You can read about the Etymotic mic on their site.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Well, I went out and purchased the BH-900 today and tried it out. I will take it back tomorrow. I couldn't stand the ear hook attachment. Every time I tried to put the darn thing on I would press the buttons and change the settings. I've seen other people modify it without the "fork" attached. I just don't want to go to all that trouble. Lost pairing a couple of times as well. I went back and used my JX-10 after 30 minutes of fooling with this thing. There is no quick way to put it on your ear the way it comes from the factory. Oh well. NEXT................
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    West3man,
    I agree that the Jawbone was not huge, and personally things that are bigger tend to work a little better because you have more room to put electronics in them. But I do think the Jawbone sounded very tinnie compared to other headsets. Could you live with it...? Sure, but I was so tired of the clipping, it just got annoying. What nxsprine stated is correct, if you want to do better noise cancellation, use 2 mics like the B&O does. Unfortunately I've not been able to test it and I still have an issues with the 425 price tag. And so far I've been very impressed with the Plantronics, it's big, but also very comfortable because it is well balanced on the ear.
    425... DOLLARS?

Yeah. Definitely sticking with the Jawbone, which by the way does have more than one microphone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Well, I went out and purchased the BH-900 today and tried it out. I will take it back tomorrow. I couldn't stand the ear hook attachment. Every time I tried to put the darn thing on I would press the buttons and change the settings. I've seen other people modify it without the "fork" attached. I just don't want to go to all that trouble. Lost pairing a couple of times as well. I went back and used my JX-10 after 30 minutes of fooling with this thing. There is no quick way to put it on your ear the way it comes from the factory. Oh well. NEXT................
    Not that I'm advocating for the 900, which I haven't tried, but I also had to get over a "learning curve" associated with mounting a uniquely-designed device onto my ear (the Jawbone, in my case). Now I do it with little effort.

Maybe a little more time might've helped? I dunno.

On the previously-mentioned topic of the Jawbone being sensitive to direct wind, I agree, but that's been the case with every headset I've ever owned. At least in the case of the Jawbone, I don't think the caller hears the wind unless I'm speaking.

That just means that, while I'm exposed to higher wind, I speak quickly/quickly get to my car. I wish that were better, but the alternatives seem to fall short in other ways.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I've decided to get the Jawbone but now the website is out of stock on the black model! Argh!!
  6. KAP
    I've been using the Jawbone for about a month. Been happy with it.

I've been even happier since I took the earhook and standard issued gels off and put a Jabra ear gel on. The absence of the earhook makes putting on/taking off much easier, doesn't interfere with glasses, improves the Jawbone volume and the in-ear comfort for longer-term wear.
    I have just became a member of the Jawbone Club! I just got mine, via late birthday present, last night! I have used it so far with an overall great experience. Wind this morning proves that it isnt made to use in such situations...bummer! But I knew that. The fit is wonderful! The incoming sound can be improved...in normal situations it is loud enough but in noisy situations, there is a lack of volume to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    I've been using the Jawbone for about a month. Been happy with it.

I've been even happier since I took the earhook and standard issued gels off and put a Jabra ear gel on. The absence of the earhook makes putting on/taking off much easier, doesn't interfere with glasses, improves the Jawbone volume and the in-ear comfort for longer-term wear.
    I am wondering how you did this, KAP. I havent experimented with it yet. I love the ingenious clips and ear inserts (I dont feel its proper to call them ear gels), as they are expertly engineered. The twist and lock feature for the inserts and the spring-loaded clips that put NO tension on your earlobe (and I have been wearing a loopless TWH with eargels for over 2 months now)! I wear glasses, so I might experiment with the eargels in conjunctions with the earloop usage to enhance volume. I dont want to chance the sensor from not being in contact with my cheek if I ditch the earloop altogether.

Overall, wonderful experience so far! Easy to pair, easy to wear, and easy to hear (I know its a stretch, but work with me)!
  8. KAP
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I am wondering how you did this, KAP. I havent experimented with it yet.
    I simply removed the Jawbone earhook and earpiece, and put a Jabra eargel on in place of the earpiece. I works easily and well. The Jawbone still rests on your cheek, so there's no loss of functionality.

The engineering of the Jawbone earhook makes it the most comfortable I can recall wearing. The only thing better is no earhook. If you find the Jabra eargels comfortable (they work well for me), you can go hookless.
    I simply removed the Jawbone earhook and earpiece, and put a Jabra eargel on in place of the earpiece. I works easily and well. The Jawbone still rests on your cheek, so there's no loss of functionality.

The engineering of the Jawbone earhook makes it the most comfortable I can recall wearing. The only thing better is no earhook. If you find the Jabra eargels comfortable (they work well for me), you can go hookless.
    I left my eargels at home (and on my TWH), so I cant make an accurate judgement, but I guess the diameter is the same around the base of the earpiece. I guess I couldnt use the earhook/loop because it attaches around the base of the earpiece where the eargel will need to adhere to.

Got pictures? I couldn't get the Jabra eargels to fit my Jawbone because they were too small and because the Jawbone has a tapered earpiece. They would just slide right off.
    I left my eargels at home (and on my TWH), so I cant make an accurate judgement, but I guess the diameter is the same around the base of the earpiece. I guess I couldnt use the earhook/loop because it attaches around the base of the earpiece where the eargel will need to adhere to.
    You were right, KAP. It works well! I am currently wearing it and it seems as sturdy as it was before. And there is even room for the earloop to be inserted.

Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Got pictures? I couldn't get the Jabra eargels to fit my Jawbone because they were too small and because the Jawbone has a tapered earpiece. They would just slide right off.
    I attached some photos for you, nsxprime. They were shot with my Treo, so you 'll have to excuse the quality (I cant wait for the day when i dont have to say that!).
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. KAP
    Looks like BMIC 50 beat me to the punch. I took some photos with my Treo last night (questionable quality). Thought I'd add a couple (taken from my "real" camera this time) to BMIC50's contribution.

Sorry for the size. I'm in a hurry this AM and didn't have time to make them smaller.

Works great for me. Very stable.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have just became a member of the Jawbone Club!
    Congrats!

Just curious, did you request the Jawbone (you mentioned it was a birthday present) as a potential gift? If so, what made you choose it out of so many available options?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Congrats!

Just curious, did you request the Jawbone (you mentioned it was a birthday present) as a potential gift? If so, what made you choose it out of so many available options?
    Amongst many features available NOW, it was the better headset. I liked the DSP, style, and battery life. The 655 was a 2nd choice, but the paltry battery life kept me at bay. Once the other headsets come out with true Bone Conduction technology/or other improvements, I may reconsider. Besides, asking for it as a gift is the easiest way to try something out! That way, i am not financially tied to it!
    Looks like BMIC 50 beat me to the punch. I took some photos with my Treo last night (questionable quality). Thought I'd add a couple (taken from my "real" camera this time) to BMIC50's contribution.

Sorry for the size. I'm in a hurry this AM and didn't have time to make them smaller.

Good luck.
    Youre one of the few who wear it in your left ear?? Is that because youre left-handed? (I know, unimportant info..but just curious)
  16. KAP
    Yes, a lefty. :-)

Good luck.
    Thanks for those, but what's sticking out from the bottom of the eargel? Did you have to cut it? Also, are you putting it over one of the stock earpieces or over the "naked" nub?

I use my headset in my left ear as well, though I'm a righty.
    The eargel has 'flaps' or 'tabs' on the bottom. No cutting was done on my part. I put the eargel over the naked nub. I don't think the eargel will fit over the Jawbone's attachable earpieces. It will definitely stay once you get the eargel on there! it was actually easier to put on than my old TWH!

Right-handed person who uses the left ear...cool!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    None of my Jabra eargels have any flaps on the bottom. I have three different complete sets. Odd. Mine were bought at Best Buy, Radio Shack and Verizon and would NOT fit the Jawbone without falling off because the Jawbone is so tapered. Maybe I'll try another one.
    None of my Jabra eargels have any flaps on the bottom. I have three different complete sets. Odd. Mine were bought at Best Buy, Radio Shack and Verizon and would NOT fit the Jawbone without falling off because the Jawbone is so tapered. Maybe I'll try another one.
    Does yours look just like mine? Dont be afraid to push them down! But if yours doesnt have the flaps, maybe it wont fit!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast