Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    The volume supposedly has a manual control (one of the two buttons controls it) and I am thinking that maybe some of these people havent increased the volume, leaving the headset at its factory preset level.
    I hope that's the case.

(Btw, I'm not fond of the one-button volume control. If it's already too loud, who the hell wants to turn it up, even more, before it goes back to the lowest level?! Grr.

That's probably why I haven't used the volume control on the earpiece, yet.)
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I hope that's the case.

(Btw, I'm not fond of the one-button volume control. If it's already too loud, who the hell wants to turn it up, even more, before it goes back to the lowest level?! Grr.

That's probably why I haven't used the volume control on the earpiece, yet.)
    I think it is that way...you have to use one button to change the volume. Hopefully, the automatic adjustment will keep it in a sweet spot and virtually eliminate the need to change the level manually.
    personally, i dont care for this headset too much.

I have been using the hbh-610 and the noise cancellation works great.

I tried two different experiments in my car leaving myself messages @ home and the HBH did a better job of transmitting my voice (didnt sound as tinny as the Jawbone) and the background filtering was the same as the Jawbone.

I will be returning it tomorrow to Cingular.

Cool idea, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post

I tried two different experiments in my car leaving myself messages @ home and the HBH did a better job of transmitting my voice (didnt sound as tinny as the Jawbone) and the background filtering was the same as the Jawbone.

Cool idea, though.
    I didn't know there WERE any other such headsets.
    I didn't know there WERE any other such headsets.
    There are a bunch of DSP headsets out there! Plantronics 645 & 655, Jabra JX-10 to name a few. Jawbone uses a sensor to hone in more on your voice wavelengths than the pre-programmed maps of the aforementioned headsets. But this technology isnt the 'Bone Conduction' technology that pics up the sound waves that travels through your mouth.

Cool idea, though.
    I was concerned about the 'tinny' voice affect. Do you have a deep or higher pitched voice? I am thinking my deep voice may not pose a problem.
    There are a bunch of DSP headsets out there!
    I'm sure. There's a poster who tosses those letters around quite frequently, but "DSP" in and of itself doesn't mean "noise filtering," as I understand it.

Plantronics 645 & 655, Jabra JX-10 to name a few. Jawbone uses a sensor to hone in more on your voice wavelengths than the pre-programmed maps of the aforementioned headsets.
    So, there's reason to believe it'd be better?

But this technology isnt the 'Bone Conduction' technology that pics up the sound waves that travels through your mouth.
    I know. We've talked about it and I've read up on it quite a bit (not to mention owning it).
    I'm sure. There's a poster who tosses those letters around quite frequently, but "DSP" in and of itself doesn't mean "noise filtering," as I understand it.

I know. We've talked about it and I've read up on it quite a bit (not to mention owning it).
    DSP (Digital Signal Processing) is the technology to separate different wavelengths of sound (I'm pretty sure you know that). This doesnt mean that all other noises will be filtered out but your voice, it means that it separates the different wavelenghts. The program then chooses what wavelengths to focus on and which to filter out. The sensor on the Jawbone hones in on your individual voice, which gives it a more 'custom' program map to filter other sounds out. No technology will be perfect, as I'm sure you have found out. The Jawbone is 'supposed' to be superior to other DSP headsets, but youre in part of the initial consumer group that gets to test this product to see if its all cracked up to what they say it is to be!
    DSP (Digital Signal Processing) is the technology to separate different wavelengths of sound (I'm pretty sure you know that). This doesnt mean that all other noises will be filtered out but your voice, it means that it separates the different wavelenghts. The program then chooses what wavelengths to focus on and which to filter out. The sensor on the Jawbone hones in on your individual voice, which gives it a more 'custom' program map to filter other sounds out. No technology will be perfect, as I'm sure you have found out. The Jawbone is 'supposed' to be superior to other DSP headsets, but youre in part of the initial consumer group that gets to test this product to see if its all cracked up to what they say it is to be!
    I've gotten mixed results as they days pass.

As I've said before, I've played music, flushed toilets, and stood near cash registers and my caller heard nothing.

More recently, I've flushed a toilet and my caller heard it. I got on an elevator and my caller heard the beep. I was near a screaming child and my caller heard it.

I'm at a loss.
    I just cannot beLIEVE how pitiful some of the reviews are for the JX-10.

Noise-cancelling is the biggest feature out there, as far as I'm concerned. How the hell folks could just gloss over that feature as if it were... the color of the unit, is beyond me.

CNET, I'm looking at you.

I swear. I'm not interested in buying 3 doggone BT headsets to find out which one filters noises the best. Geez. Help a brother out here.

I just cannot beLIEVE how pitiful some of the reviews are for the JX-10.

Noise-cancelling is the biggest feature out there, as far as I'm concerned. How the hell folks could just gloss over that feature as if it were... the color of the unit, is beyond me.

CNET, I'm looking at you.

I swear. I'm not interested in buying 3 doggone BT headsets to find out which one filters noises the best. Geez. Help a brother out here.
    That's the hard part...relying on others to test something for you! I (still) have the TWH, and it works well after 2+ years of service! Its even been ran through the wash (left it in my pocket) and still holds a full charge! Of course, it doesnt have DSP, which is why I want to upgrade. I guess the best thing to do is take advantage of the trial period and return it if you dont like it! But keep us informed if you will!
    Hey guys/gals, I just wanted to let you know about the mod that I used for the fit and volume issues with the Jawbone. I tried several different types of eargels last night with no success. The jabra eargels worked ok but, they made the headset stick out of the ear too far. When I was taking off one of the factory eargels, I noticed on the inside there is a plastic insert glued to the rubber that actually is used to attach the eargel to the jawbone. I seperated the rubber and was left with the plastic bracket. I had been using an eargel from a bluespoon ax2 with my Samsung wep-200 that worked really well. I superglued the ax2 eargel to the plastic bracket and vuala, perfect fit. The Jawbone actually stays in the ear without using the factory earhook and is very comfortable. It also eliminates the small sound. I just wanted to give you guys/gals a heads up on what now has made the Jawbone the perfect headset. By the way, the ax2 eargel also makes the Jawbone sit more flush with the ear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sounds like a lot of work to me. Does the Jawbone sit flush with your face with the ax2 mod? Jabra gels don\'t let the sensor touch your face and the headset won\'t work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Sounds like a lot of work to me. Does the Jawbone sit flush with your face with the ax2 mod? Jabra gels don\'t let the sensor touch your face and the headset won\'t work.
    You should just get an electronic stamp... or put that in your sig.
    I was concerned about the 'tinny' voice affect. Do you have a deep or higher pitched voice? I am thinking my deep voice may not pose a problem.
    I have a deeper voice and the sounds come across just fine on the hbh-610

The Jawbone synthesizes my voice too much and you don't get the highs and lows achieved with other headsets. To me, that and the fact that the 610 achieves 90% of what the Jawbone does is enough to make me return it.

(and I really wanted it to work like they showed in those commercials!)
    It's not alot of work, it only took about 5-10 minutes. It does sit flush on your face so that the sensor makes good contact. It really works great.
    Just a quick update, I just came back from a 5 mile run with the Jawbone in. It didn't move the whole time with the ax2 eargel. When i made and recieved calls, the only way people could tell I was outside was from the ocassional wind noise and the heavy breathing (pretty out of shape). Just wanted to give a quick update.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, I just wanted to let you know about the mod that I used for the fit and volume issues with the Jawbone. I tried several different types of eargels last night with no success. The jabra eargels worked ok but, they made the headset stick out of the ear too far. When I was taking off one of the factory eargels, I noticed on the inside there is a plastic insert glued to the rubber that actually is used to attach the eargel to the jawbone. I seperated the rubber and was left with the plastic bracket. I had been using an eargel from a bluespoon ax2 with my Samsung wep-200 that worked really well. I superglued the ax2 eargel to the plastic bracket and vuala, perfect fit. The Jawbone actually stays in the ear without using the factory earhook and is very comfortable. It also eliminates the small sound. I just wanted to give you guys/gals a heads up on what now has made the Jawbone the perfect headset. By the way, the ax2 eargel also makes the Jawbone sit more flush with the ear.
    Sounds great! Can you get those eargels aftermarket because I see you used the one from your old AX2?
    I'm not sure, you might be able to get them from the manufacturer. When you buy the headset, it has 3 or 4 extra ones in the box. It's a good thing, those gels have saved me in more than one occasion when I bought a new headset that worked well except for the fit.
    I have a deeper voice and the sounds come across just fine on the hbh-610

The Jawbone synthesizes my voice too much and you don\'t get the highs and lows achieved with other headsets. To me, that and the fact that the 610 achieves 90% of what the Jawbone does is enough to make me return it.

(and I really wanted it to work like they showed in those commercials!)
    Too bad it did not work well for you either. Good thing that Cingular has such a great return policy.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast