Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I couldn't offer any info on that outside of whatever the manufacturer's specs might be.

I've had no problems with it cutting off, though - except when I first got it and barely let it charge an hour before I used it for hourS. (It's supposed to charge a couple of hours.)

So, I'm pleased.
    Thanks for all of the info! I guess I will have to refrain from using my headset when I plan to make some women scream (yes, I am a sir)!

Are the earpieces akin to jabra eargels? I have worn a loop for the last 2 years and have wanted to lose it. I hope my ear isnt incompatible!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Thanks for all of the info! I guess I will have to refrain from using my headset when I plan to make some women scream (yes, I am a sir)!
    LOL

That one's still a mystery, to me, though. So many sounds and it was the screaming little girl that "broke through."

(Gotta tell ya, I love kids, but that little exuberant display of hers made me wanna go for the snip-snip. Okay, not really, but kinda sorta.)

Are the earpieces akin to jabra eargels? I have worn a loop for the last 2 years and have wanted to lose it. I hope my ear isnt incompatible!
    I haven't had a Jabra since my wired days... many moons, ago.

If the eargels haven't changed much in that time, then I'd say they're similar, but not as well-forged (if that makes any sense).

The Jabra gels seemed made to fit into the folds and crevices of the human ear. These gels (in my newly-formed opinion) aren't meant to slip into any particular crevice to gain purchase and stay put.

Maybe others have had better luck with'em.

Anybody?
    So the prediction of the delicate metal earhook came true as I had it in my front pants pocket, leaned ovcer a sofa, and the metal earhook snapped in half where it connects to the jawbone. So I have one piece that is in the jawbone like a toothpick and the earhook..

Luckily there is another right earhook replacement, although larger. I emailed them hoping they can send me a new one.

I'm still a fan of the nokia bh-900, as that has been 6 months in my jeans pocket with no issues.

Still like this headset, just wished I loved it.
    Last edited by smartphone; 12/27/2006 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    So the prediction of the delicate metal earhook came true as I had it in my front pants pocket, leaned ovcer a sofa, and the metal earhook snapped in half where it connects to the jawbone. So I have one piece that is in the jawbone like a toothpick and the earhook..

Luckily there is another right earhook replacement, although larger. I emailed them hoping they can send me a new one.

I'm still a fan of the nokia bh-900, as that has been 6 months in my jeans pocket with no issues.

Still like this headset, just wished I loved it.
    Ruggedness makes the difference between like and love?

Understandable, I guess. I love it and am prepared to be careful with it.
    Yeah, I'm gonna try to get a few extra earloops and then try to be careful with it cause I really want to keep it.
    Yeah, I'm gonna try to get a few extra earloops and then try to be careful with it cause I really want to keep it.
    I hope it works out for you, one way or the other.

It's really weird having something I like so much but which is so counter-intuitive.

EDIT: By that, I mean that my mind automatically sends up a red flag when it knows 1) I'm on the phone and 2) the surroundings are loud.

I have to fight against the impulse to avoid louder places. S'gonna take some getting used to.
    Last edited by west3man; 12/27/2006 at 07:37 PM.
    Agreed... It has so much going for it that I want to make it work. I wish they used the rubber fork design like the nokia bh-900 which is pretty indestructable, as well as wishing the earbud piece was one single mold. I have already popped off the earbud piece in half as well when I tried taking it off the packaging LOL.

I think the weight is ok since the battery life seems so good. I'm hoping to add a modified windsock on it when I get home tomorrow.

Twisting the metal earhook a bit so the tail end is towards the earbud does keep it on my ear much more snug as well as guarantee the little white nub touches my cheek.
    *edits previous post for clarity*

I meant that my mind automatically sends up a red flag when it knows 1) I'm on the phone and 2) the surroundings are loud.

I have to fight against the impulse to avoid louder places. S'gonna take some getting used to.
    I did notice, though, that quick, loud and maybe higher-pitched sounds can sometimes by-pass the Noise Shield.

S'rather unpredictable.

I also don't like the fact that pressing buttons or adjusting the earpiece causes little creaks which are very noticeable to the caller. It's still awesome, though.
    yes, baby crying or my wife talking next to me does pass thru the noise shield unfortunately.

But I was pumping gas last night and a train went by about 50 yards away, my friend said he barely heard the whistle at the beginning, but not much after that. I could barely hear myself talk when it went by, it was LOUD.
    yes, baby crying or my wife talking next to me does pass thru the noise shield unfortunately.

But I was pumping gas last night and a train went by about 50 yards away, my friend said he barely heard the whistle at the beginning, but not much after that. I could barely hear myself talk when it went by, it was LOUD.
    I love that about it. I walked through a loud bar, went to the restroom (sorry for TMI), then exited the bar, all while my mom was chattering away.

She never heard a (distracting) sound.

One of the write-ups I read, recently, suggested that the earpiece is adaptive, adjusting to different environments as you walk around. Apparently, short, high volume bursts are too quick for adjustment. Sustained noises seem to be a breeze.

I'd rather it had NO shortcomings, but it's still the best Bluetooth earpiece* I've ever used - bar-none.

* - I keep trying to say "earpiece" instead of "headset" because it confuses people when I go from talking about my Noise Shield headset to talking about my noise-cancelling "headphones."

Hell, it even confuses ME, sometimes.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a problem with incoming earpiece volume? What are some people opinion of the volume?

I wish it was louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal View Post
    Does anyone have a problem with incoming earpiece volume? What are some people opinion of the volume?

I wish it was louder.
    I'm not sure which device you mean, but someone on another thread mentioned that incoming volume on the Jawbone earpiece was too low.

I hadn't had that problem - although I did with my very soft-spoken girlfriend, just now. It's odd because, previously, her soft voice was WAAAAY too loud on the Jawbone device.

I'm not sure what that means.

I've also got to report that wind was a $#!^, just now, when I was talking to her.
    Incoming for me is pretty loud. And yes, wind is an issue with this headset as their is no windsock, however I'm going to stick something on their to make it a bit better.
    Incoming for me is pretty loud. And yes, wind is an issue with this headset as their is no windsock, however I'm going to stick something on their to make it a bit better.
    Is a "windsock" just a physical barrier to wind noise?

What were you thinking about "sticking" on it? I may have to bite your style.
    I'm not sure which device you mean, but someone on another thread mentioned that incoming volume on the Jawbone earpiece was too low.

I hadn't had that problem - although I did with my very soft-spoken girlfriend, just now. It's odd because, previously, her soft voice was WAAAAY too loud on the Jawbone device.

I'm not sure what that means.

I've also got to report that wind was a $#!^, just now, when I was talking to her.
    Isnt the volume manually able to override the automatic setting?

Someone else hinted at the need for a windsock for the Jawbone...is it feasible without have a piece of foam ailing the design?
    Isnt the volume manually able to override the automatic setting?
    I'm not sure what you mean, but you've got me wondering if the users who've had volume concerns have adjusted the volume on the earpiece, as well as on their Treos.

Someone else hinted at the need for a windsock for the Jawbone...is it feasible without have a piece of foam ailing the design?
    I'm very curious about the windsock idea, although, I've no idea how to make it practical.
    I've been using the Jawbone for a few days now. I find incoming volume "satisfactory" though not outrageous. Comfort? Well, still experimenting with combos of buds and hooks. Sounds a bit like floristry and S&M but oh well.

So far, though, interesting and very good headset. Worth a try, as others have said, given Cingular's 30-day return policy. I should add that the JB only does a so-so job of handling call waiting. A quick press on the "talk button" will pick up the second call but it hangs up on the first one (or leaves you to get it back via the phone -- I haven't checked that out yet.) Still, it beats the Plantronics headsets which have no call-waiting features.
    Last edited by LarryEH; 12/29/2006 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added info
    Drinks with Larry and Lauren (A Podcast)
    http://www.drinkswithlarryandlauren.com
    I'm not sure what you mean, but you've got me wondering if the users who've had volume concerns have adjusted the volume on the earpiece, as well as on their Treos.

I'm very curious about the windsock idea, although, I've no idea how to make it practical.
    The volume supposedly has a manual control (one of the two buttons controls it) and I am thinking that maybe some of these people havent increased the volume, leaving the headset at its factory preset level.
    The volume supposedly has a manual control (one of the two buttons controls it) and I am thinking that maybe some of these people havent increased the volume, leaving the headset at its factory preset level.
    According to Aliph, there is no "factory level." The JB is supposed to adapt the incoming volume to your surroundings. That said, the "noise reduction" button will increment the volume upward in six steps if the "auto adjust" level isn't suitable.
    Drinks with Larry and Lauren (A Podcast)
    http://www.drinkswithlarryandlauren.com
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast