Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Anytime a site only reviews those products that it sells, you should think twice before parting with your cash.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXChameleon View Post
    I imagine it's the most comfortable of all the headsets. But it better be for $300.

From their website:

Q: Can you please explain to me the differences between theBoom O, v4, and E?
    A: All the headsets that we sell offer the same high quality mic with the same unparalleled noise cancelling technology invented at UmeVoice. The main difference between the 3 headsets is the way you wear the headset. Please see product pages for more info on each of these headsets.

Q: What makes theBoom E cost three times as much as theBoom O?
    A: theBoom E is custom made at our lab to the customer's spec. It uses a special speaker driver and a coiled bud that can be specified for the right or left ear. The unit rests comfortably on both ears and is made of a plastic tube that goes behind your head for use all day. The flex boom can be attached to the left or right depending on what you specify on your order.
    i have a theBoom "E" sitting on the sofa a couple feet away from me.. i finished my review yesterday which will appear on TC probably next week.. it's a spectacular product.. is it comfortable?.. you betcher **** it is.. the high price is as UmeVoice explained.. some very pricey components, and each one is hand-assembled (but doesn't look like it).. when it's ordered, just like Vaja starts building you an i-Volution case after you order it, but Vaja takes about a month to get your case to your door.. UmeVoice takes about a week to get you a custom-ordered "E".. since they can make / configure the "E" eight different ways, as your second Q&A explained, they don't keep hundreds of them sitting on shelves ready to ship, since they have no idea how many of each configuration will sell how many units.. they haven't been making them long enough to build a reliable database of how many of the eight possible ways it can be configured people will want.. so you order one, and specify left or right ear piece, left or right mic boom, and small or regular head band, (eight different possible configurations).. and then they build it and you get it in about a week..

they'll probably go to a more "mass-production" method in a few months, but for now, each one is made to order, after it's ordered..

it weighs about an ounce and a half and you almost literally can't tell you're wearing it at all.. i'm not going to re-write my whole review here.. it should be up in a few days..

one other point.. they're using some very costly components in the "E", especially the VERY expensive miniature speaker driver for the ear piece that has a TON more volume than the regular theBoom and theBoom "O".. no one should have any complaints about not enough volume.. but the noise-canceling mic is exactly the same on the "E" as it is on the other models.. it's a fascinating, rather esoteric product.. i love UmeVoice's head sets.. and no, i'm not on their payroll..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Harv,

I tried a boom, can't remember which model, but I wanted to use it for walk around as well as car. It sounded great, but just wasn't comfortable for walk around and the cord was 15, 16 ft long.

I just read your review of the "E" and am very interested. I work in NYC and my Jawbone has been a big disappointment. One, it is not comfortable and I can't get it to fit well in the ear. Two, I can't hear the other party. Three, I don't sound good to them, tinny and distant. Four, even with the Treo 700p in my holster, half the time, I am getting break up.

So, the million dollar question is, do you think the E could be used for walking around the city? I know I will look weird compared to a regular bluetooth, but, if the headset doesn't serve the purpose, then what good is looking better, but not being able to hear.

I have to say that I am concerned about standing out a bit with the E, but then, there are transvestites walking around in thongs here, so everything is relative.

So, do you think the E could be a mobil headset in the city and would you use it versus other BT headsets you have used? That is my question, since it is expensive and has a restocking fee, so, it is not a try it and see type product.

Your response is much appreciated.
    Thanks for the great tip! I just got some of these Ear Springs for $3.95 a piece plus shipping at:

http://www.blueheadsets.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=42

They arrived in just over one day! They fit great and seem to work well so far.

I have a Jawbone II, which is a little different than the original Jawbone shown in the photos in previous posts. This model does not have a separate locking ring. I have not yet decided how I will secure these great Ear Springs to the Jawbone II. I'm reluctant to use glue, but I am pretty sure these would slip off if I put the combination in my pocket.
    Thanks for the great tip! I just got some of these Ear Springs for $3.95 a piece plus shipping at:

http://www.blueheadsets.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=42

They arrived in just over one day! They fit great and seem to work well so far.

I have a Jawbone II, which is a little different than the original Jawbone shown in the photos in previous posts. This model does not have a separate locking ring. I have not yet decided how I will secure these great Ear Springs to the Jawbone II. I'm reluctant to use glue, but I am pretty sure these would slip off if I put the combination in my pocket.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112