Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Thanks for the quick responses.

I'll try repairing. Also going to try the wife's phone this evening.

Sorry to hear the ax2 earspring didn't work out well. Sounded like a cool idea.
    Is the Jabra ear gel like the one in the photos that were posted? How firm does it hold the white sensor against your face (I know this is really subjective)? I've tried the medium round earbud that came with the unit and the std right earloop and that seems to be working better - just not as secure and the incoming audio is not as loud or clear.

I may need to try some different size jabra earbuds too.

I'll post the results. Thanks for the help/feedback/input.
  2.    #182  
    As the starter of this thread, I asked members what they knew about 3 headsets; the Aliph Jawbone, the Nextlink Invisio Q7, and the Boom bluetooth. I looked at the Aliph Jawbone in the Cingular store shortly after it came out and was unimpressed with the design and fit. Many members tried it and it quickly became popular and well-liked. Members discussed the Aliph Jawbone extensively on this thread, but no one had info on the other two headsets. Today I did a search for Invisio and came upon a website called impactwireless.ca which is offering the Invisio Q7 for $229.95 as a pre-order and showing a Q3 release. Nexlink's website says Q4 release. Apparently a key employee at Nextlink left the company and perhaps the product launch was delayed as a result. I tried the AX2 and loved the fit of the earpiece and haven't found any others as good. Unfortunately the AX2 was not designed to suppress wind noise, but the Q7 is.

Still nothing about the rumored the Boom by UmeVoice as a bluetooth.
    Last edited by azxcpt; 06/20/2007 at 07:31 PM.
    Treo 650 on Sprint / Palm Case / 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Card
  3. KAP
    I'm not aware that The Boom makes a bluetooth headset. If they did, I would probably buy it in a nanosecond.
    When I e-mailed Invisio in March, they told me the Q7 was scheduled for quarter 3 or 4 of this year. I'm not holding my breath.
    I am looking for a case which would hold my Jawbone. I would like it to be able to accomodate the USB cable charger and ac adapter as well as the Jawbone itself.

Thanks for your suggestions
    Hi guys,

Just to inform EST'd release dates are as follows for 2007:

Invisio Q7 - Scheduled for Q4 November
    Invisio G5 - Scheduled for late Q3 but now looks closer to early Q4
    Invisio B3 - 10,000 units are being released shortly for early Q3
    Invisio S20 - Scheduled for late Q3

Here are some G5 photos for your review.

http://www.impactwireless.ca/downloa.../invisioG5.jpg
    http://www.impactwireless.ca/downloa...nvisioG5.2.jpg
    http://www.impactwireless.ca/downloa...nvisioG5.3.jpg
  7.    #187  
    Thanks to impact wireless for the release info on the Nextlink headsets. Nice styling on the G5.
    Treo 650 on Sprint / Palm Case / 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Card
    Man, Almost $300 for that Q7 and the talk time is miserable! Would like to hear the quality of the incoming and outgoing sound to see if it beats my Jawbone before I skip lunches for two months to buy that!
    I tried the Jawbone for 2 days, hated it. Uncomfortable and horrible sound quality. Everyone I spoke with asked where the hell I was, one friend of mine asked if I was in Florida (I'm in Chicago). :lol: Talking in your car with the AC on? Forgetabout it, wind noise really screws the Jawbone up and makes the thing clip like all get out. I'm guessing because the success of the unit is very much dependent on if the voice button is always touching your cheek/jaw. So those with thin faces or lack of any skeletal structure need not bother. I returned it for the plantronics 665 and so far it has worked flawlessly.
    I liked some parts of Harv Laser's review of the Jawbone (conclusion here) but was a little bothered by other parts.

If Harv experienced a tinny sound, I guess that's that. One must report on what one experiences. It's not like Harv's the only one with that complaint. Apparently, it varies from unit to unit, though, because what Harv described as "basically NO bass at all" was a full-range of sound frequencies, to my untrained ear.

To be fair, if the quality varies that much from unit to unit, then the Jawbone manufacturers/designers deserve to be criticized for that, as well.

If The Boom's noise-cancelling tech is superior to the Jawbone's, but that's probably true of any wired headset when compared to a Bluetooth headset. I'd expect sound to be superior, as well, but the convenience of going wireless and not getting snagged on door handles, seatbelts, and the like, is worth it - to me, anyway. And, since but Harv mentioned not wanting to look like a "Borg," I have to wonder if walking around looking like a 1950's switchboard operator really superior to the look of most Bluetooth headsets?

Anyway, I didn't think it was a horrible review or anything, but I had some nits to pick. Now that I've picked'em, I guess I'll crawl back under my rock. :-)

But first... (I just remembered the list o' "cons")

"# Bizarre, non-standard power connector
    # Very tinny sound from the earpiece
    # No carrying pouch "

I've no problem with the non-standard power connector. I guess I could see value in standardizing the form of the chargers, but what about the specs? If various devices have different power specs, wouldn't we be taking a risk, using them interchangeably?

I already talked about the tinny thing.

No carrying pouch? Does anyone really use those things? (Although I couldn't believe folks kept their Treo's in their pockets... and now I do - at least until I can find a better case than the ones I've used in the past.)

Okay. That was the last nit. Carry one. *crawls away*
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Well Blueheadsets.com finally has the B3. I only buy my headsets from them. It looks like an awesome headset. Nextlink is finally reemerging. The AX and AX2 were pretty good but had those little flaws that drove everyone crazy. There has been a huge wait so hopefully its worth the wait. I'm sure it will be. I'm psyched, I use my headset(s) like they are part of me. I ordered it today and they are fast.... I should have it in a few days. I'll post my results. If you guys are interested in buying it. Here is the link.

http://www.blueheadsets.com/index.as...rodID=130&HS=1
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    I'm not aware that The Boom makes a bluetooth headset. If they did, I would probably buy it in a nanosecond.
    Hi

there is no company called "The Boom" (well there might be, for all i know, but not the company you're talking about).. the company is called UmeVoice.. their headsets are called "theBoom", "theBoom O", "theBoom Quiet" and so on.. and no, they don't make a Bluetooth headset.. and they haven't told me of any plans to make one.. that doesn't mean they don't PLAN to make one, i just don't know if they will or won't.. ask THEM ..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I liked some parts of Harv Laser's review of the Jawbone (conclusion here) but was a little bothered by other parts.

If Harv experienced a tinny sound, I guess that's that. One must report on what one experiences. It's not like Harv's the only one with that complaint. Apparently, it varies from unit to unit, though, because what Harv described as "basically NO bass at all" was a full-range of sound frequencies, to my untrained ear.
    Hi. i only had one Aliph Jawbone unit to use and review. It sounded utterly bass-less to me, and as i explained in the review, i tried every earbud it came with until i found one that seated in my ear properly. My hearing is "20 / 20".. i chalk this up to either Aliph's quality control, or the unit i received (which WAS brand new out of the box, not a re-furb, not a return, not used) being defective, or that's the way they all are. i wish i could beam you over here, put this Jawbone on your ear and you tell me if it sounds tinny to you or not.. i have half a dozen Bluetooth headsets laying around here, including Palm's own original little Treo headset, and IT has 100 times the bass as the Jawbone i reviewed.. unfortunately, when one gets a new product for review, one doesn't get two or ten or a hundred of them.. just one.. unless it's obviously physically or mechanically defective in some way and gets swapped out for another one, one then uses it, evaulates it, and then writes a review based on that experience.. that's what i did..

To be fair, if the quality varies that much from unit to unit, then the Jawbone manufacturers/designers deserve to be criticized for that, as well.
    i think i said that in the review, but not worded quite that way..

If The Boom's noise-cancelling tech is superior to the Jawbone's, but that's probably true of any wired headset when compared to a Bluetooth headset. I'd expect sound to be superior, as well, but the convenience of going wireless and not getting snagged on door handles, seatbelts, and the like, is worth it - to me, anyway. And, since but Harv mentioned not wanting to look like a "Borg," I have to wonder if walking around looking like a 1950's switchboard operator really superior to the look of most Bluetooth headsets?
    not necessarily.. i know that UmeVoice has their own anechoic chamber in which they developed their noise-cancelling mic which uses NO electronics at all to do what it does.. go to their site and read about it.. the Jawbone is (trying) to do with electronics what theBoom does with "acoustic wave shaping".. and i stand by what i said in the review.. Bluetooth in and of itself introduces problems.. the claimed ten meter range is baloney.. i've NEVER tested a Bluetooth headset in which whoever i was talking to on the phone at the time could hear more than static and break-up when i got more than say a dozen feet away from the Treo, or walked into another room.. so a hard-wired headet has its advantages which are many, but then you have the dangling wire.. nothing's perfect..

but if i had to give up every (phone) headset i own, and only keep ONE, it'd be theBoom "O"..

Anyway, I didn't think it was a horrible review or anything,
    otherwise known as "damning with faint praise" ..

but I had some nits to pick. Now that I've picked'em, I guess I'll crawl back under my rock. :-)
    picking nits is fine.. i don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions or disagree with everything i say in a review.. i haven't met a product yet that some people didn't love, and other people didn't hate.. have you?..

But first... (I just remembered the list o' "cons")

"# Bizarre, non-standard power connector
    # Very tinny sound from the earpiece
    # No carrying pouch "

I've no problem with the non-standard power connector. I guess I could see value in standardizing the form of the chargers, but what about the specs? If various devices have different power specs, wouldn't we be taking a risk, using them interchangeably?

I already talked about the tinny thing.

No carrying pouch? Does anyone really use those things? (Although I couldn't believe folks kept their Treo's in their pockets... and now I do - at least until I can find a better case than the ones I've used in the past.)
    i've always carried my Treos in my pockets. i HATE belt clips and holsters. They get tangled up in car seat belts when i use 'em. i don't like pouch cases that i have to take the phone out of in order to see who's calling or just to USE it, and then have to hold it "naked" (the phone, not me).. the reason i thought the Jawbone SHOULD have come with a carrying pouch or case of some kind is that its earloop is like no other, and i could see that someone could shove the thing in their pocket when not using it and the earloop could snap off at its little metal stalk that slides into a keyed hole in the headset, so the thing should come with some kind of carrying case to protect it when not in use but still carried on one's person.. especially at the $100 to $130 price point, it wouldn't kill them to put in a little snap shut case or vinyl drawstring bag, considering how much they must have spent on the design of the box the thing comes in..

don't misconscrew my words.. it's a cool product.. it's just that the one i received for review sounded VERY tinny to my ears, which may be a mfg. problem, as other people also say it sounds tinny, while other other people say it doesn't, and because of the way that earloop is designed, the material from which it's made, when not in use it's important that the thing have some kind of protection to keep the earloop from snapping off, or getting swivelled too far and breaking that plastic spring-loaded shaft into which it mounts (the purpose of which is to give it just enough side-to-side springiness to keep that little rubber nub touching your cheek so its noise reduction works)..
    a two year old could break that earloop off and render a $130.00 product into junk with one good twist of the earloop.. thus, the headset deserves some protection when not on your ear so it can't ACCIDENTALLY get torqued while in your pocket or wherever the Hell you put it when you want to have it with you but you're not wearing it..

Thanks for the comments.. i don't like to operate in a vacuum.. when i review a product, i read a lot of other reviews first, so i can get a take on what others think, and compare my impressions to theirs.. nitpicking is fine.. constructive criticism is fine.. baseless flaming is not fine (to me).. your comments were refreshingly constructive.. now let me go put a Band-Aid on these bleeding nits.. oww..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    Hi. i only had one Aliph Jawbone unit to use and review. It sounded utterly bass-less to me, and as i explained in the review, i tried every earbud it came with until i found one that seated in my ear properly. My hearing is "20 / 20".. i chalk this up to either Aliph's quality control, or the unit i received (which WAS brand new out of the box, not a re-furb, not a return, not used) being defective, or that's the way they all are. i wish i could beam you over here, put this Jawbone on your ear and you tell me if it sounds tinny to you or not.. i have half a dozen Bluetooth headsets laying around here, including Palm's own original little Treo headset, and IT has 100 times the bass as the Jawbone i reviewed.. unfortunately, when one gets a new product for review, one doesn't get two or ten or a hundred of them.. just one.. unless it's obviously physically or mechanically defective in some way and gets swapped out for another one, one then uses it, evaulates it, and then writes a review based on that experience.. that's what i did..

i think i said that in the review, but not worded quite that way..
    I guess I didn't phrase that very well. I was trying to be fair... to YOU. I was agreeing with the idea that, if the quality varies that much from unit-to-unit, I can't blame folks (including you) for pointing that out.

I get that one is unlikely to order a handful of Jawbones for testing. Makes perfect sense to me.

not necessarily.. i know that UmeVoice has their own anechoic chamber in which they developed their noise-cancelling mic which uses NO electronics at all to do what it does.. go to their site and read about it.. the Jawbone is (trying) to do with electronics what theBoom does with "acoustic wave shaping".. and i stand by what i said in the review.. Bluetooth in and of itself introduces problems.. the claimed ten meter range is baloney.. i've NEVER tested a Bluetooth headset in which whoever i was talking to on the phone at the time could hear more than static and break-up when i got more than say a dozen feet away from the Treo, or walked into another room.. so a hard-wired headet has its advantages which are many, but then you have the dangling wire.. nothing's perfect..
    I agree that Bluetooth (wirelessness, in general) introduces other problems. That's another point I didn't flesh out well enough.

but if i had to give up every (phone) headset i own, and only keep ONE, it'd be theBoom "O"..
    I hears ya. I just don't see walking around with that big ol' headset - on my head or ... wherever it's supposed to be stored when not in-use.

As you say, though, to each his own.

otherwise known as "damning with faint praise" ..
    LOL

Not my intention, but I see what you mean.

picking nits is fine.. i don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions or disagree with everything i say in a review.. i haven't met a product yet that some people didn't love, and other people didn't hate.. have you?..
    Nope.

i've always carried my Treos in my pockets. i HATE belt clips and holsters. They get tangled up in car seat belts when i use 'em. i don't like pouch cases that i have to take the phone out of in order to see who's calling or just to USE it, and then have to hold it "naked" (the phone, not me).. the reason i thought the Jawbone SHOULD have come with a carrying pouch or case of some kind is that its earloop is like no other, and i could see that someone could shove the thing in their pocket when not using it and the earloop could snap off at its little metal stalk that slides into a keyed hole in the headset, so the thing should come with some kind of carrying case to protect it when not in use but still carried on one's person.. especially at the $100 to $130 price point, it wouldn't kill them to put in a little snap shut case or vinyl drawstring bag, considering how much they must have spent on the design of the box the thing comes in..
    It certainly wasn't cheap. I was picturing one of those suede jobbies, not a hard case - which I could see the value of.

don't misconscrew my words.. it's a cool product.. it's just that the one i received for review sounded VERY tinny to my ears, which may be a mfg. problem, as other people also say it sounds tinny, while other other people say it doesn't, and because of the way that earloop is designed, the material from which it's made, when not in use it's important that the thing have some kind of protection to keep the earloop from snapping off, or getting swivelled too far and breaking that plastic spring-loaded shaft into which it mounts (the purpose of which is to give it just enough side-to-side springiness to keep that little rubber nub touching your cheek so its noise reduction works)..
    a two year old could break that earloop off and render a $130.00 product into junk with one good twist of the earloop.. thus, the headset deserves some protection when not on your ear so it can't ACCIDENTALLY get torqued while in your pocket or wherever the Hell you put it when you want to have it with you but you're not wearing it..

Thanks for the comments.. i don't like to operate in a vacuum.. when i review a product, i read a lot of other reviews first, so i can get a take on what others think, and compare my impressions to theirs.. nitpicking is fine.. constructive criticism is fine.. baseless flaming is not fine (to me).. your comments were refreshingly constructive.. now let me go put a Band-Aid on these bleeding nits.. oww..

Thanks
    Harv
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi.. okay here's the deal with theBoom "O".. for me, it's VERY comfortable.. it's feather-weight.. although in my review i used a picture of Lily Tomlin as Ernestine, as a humorous comparison between the general look of the "O" with an old-fashioned telephone operator's headset, the two are worlds apart.. when you wear the "O" the headband is VERY low profile.. you can (and i do).. wear a baseball cap on top of it.. the mic is at the end of a VERY flexible, swivelling, titanium stalk.. you can (and should) position it near the corner of your mouth, but if you're sitting on endless hold (like with Sprint), and want to have a snack or a smoke, you can simply swivel the boom / mic part up out of your way, then swivel it back down when you need to talk again.. the padded ear piece is VERY comfortable.. nothing poking you in the ear.. the "O" has NO battery in it.. doesn't need one.. no flashing lights, nothing to charge or re-charge, no pairing.. and there's a tension-relief shirt or collar clip on its three foot long thin-wire cable, which also has a little inline volume control box not even an inch long so you have two volume controls.. the rockers on the Treo, and the tiny wheel on the box on the "O"'s cord (same as on the regular theBoom)..

what do you do with it when you're not using it?.. either leave it on and park the earpiece behind your ear and swivel the mic up and out of your way, or take it off and set it down somewhere..

the regular theBoom comes with a black, vinyl drawstring bag.. the "O" doesn't.. it's all in my review from last year.. i like the product, i've used it on VERY long calls.. i don't wear the thing all day, but i've worn it for hours and, like i said, it weighs next to nothing and simply has the best mic noise cancellation i've ever experienced.. UmeVoice nailed it with this product, as far as i'm concerned..

Thanks
    Harv
    Hi.. okay here's the deal with theBoom "O".. for me, it's VERY comfortable.. it's feather-weight.. although in my review i used a picture of Lily Tomlin as Ernestine, as a humorous comparison between the general look of the "O" with an old-fashioned telephone operator's headset, the two are worlds apart.. when you wear the "O" the headband is VERY low profile.. you can (and i do).. wear a baseball cap on top of it.. the mic is at the end of a VERY flexible, swivelling, titanium stalk.. you can (and should) position it near the corner of your mouth, but if you're sitting on endless hold (like with Sprint), and want to have a snack or a smoke, you can simply swivel the boom / mic part up out of your way, then swivel it back down when you need to talk again.. the padded ear piece is VERY comfortable.. nothing poking you in the ear.. the "O" has NO battery in it.. doesn't need one.. no flashing lights, nothing to charge or re-charge, no pairing.. and there's a tension-relief shirt or collar clip on its three foot long thin-wire cable, which also has a little inline volume control box not even an inch long so you have two volume controls.. the rockers on the Treo, and the tiny wheel on the box on the "O"'s cord (same as on the regular theBoom)..

what do you do with it when you're not using it?.. either leave it on and park the earpiece behind your ear and swivel the mic up and out of your way, or take it off and set it down somewhere..

the regular theBoom comes with a black, vinyl drawstring bag.. the "O" doesn't.. it's all in my review from last year.. i like the product, i've used it on VERY long calls.. i don't wear the thing all day, but i've worn it for hours and, like i said, it weighs next to nothing and simply has the best mic noise cancellation i've ever experienced.. UmeVoice nailed it with this product, as far as i'm concerned..

Thanks
    Harv
    I just took another look in case I was misremembering the device (and price) and all I can say is: Alzheimer's. It's not just for Grandpa, anymore.

I could've SWORN I saw a ~$250 price-tag on it. Recently.

I still think that the less reliant we are on any Treo port (especially the headphone jack) the better, but I admit to using my 755p's stereo earbuds pretty frequently to listen to Kinoma stuff in-stereo... or to hear my loved-ones when they're at work (as opposed to the rest of the time when they're bustin' my eardrums). If music sounds good through them, maybe I should consider them.

~$150 is a heckuva lot better than $250. I'll re-read theBoom's review so I can fill in my memory gaps a bit.
    Harv, how does it perform in windy environments?

EDIT: If you already answered this in the review, ignore this. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi..
    theBoom.. there are three models..

theBoom, about $150.00 - one ear mono (reversible).. earloop, eargel sticks in your ear, no headband..

theBoom 'O', about $100.00 - one ear mono (reversible).. headband, padded ear piece.. no earloop, no eargel.. I reviewed these two together.. they both use EXACTLY the same mic, cable, inline volume control..

theBoom Quiet, about $250.00.. these are Stereo, circum-aural (around the ear).. full-size headphones with battery-powered ANR.. (Active Noise Reduction) you can switch on and off.. they're like the Bose Quiet Comforts.. they have the SAME mic as the other two models, but with the Quiets, the mic on its Titanium stalk jacks into one of the ear cups, or you can use them without it just for listening to music.. so they do triple duty - Stereo headphones (high quality), Stereo headphones with ANR turned on, or, with the mic plugged in, for calls.. I reviewed it separately..

I think you were confusing the Quiets with the 'O'..

to find my two reviews, go to the front page, find my latest review of the EMTAC GPS system, click my name at the top, you'll get a page with all my reviews back to January, 2006.. scroll down, you'll find the two theBoom reviews.. lots of pictures.. then go to http://www.umevoice.com and read more there, listen to the sound demos..

i've had all three theBooms for over a year..

as for "how do they do with windy situations", i assume you ask this due to numerous complaints about how the Jawbone can't handle windy situations.. well, i must admit i never stood in a wind tunnel or a hurricane while using any of theBooms, but please understand they use and ENTIRELY different approach to mic noise cancellation than the Jawbone.. UmeVoice's headsets use NO electronics in the mic.. it's all done with "acoustic wave shaping".. it's explained in enormous detail on their site.. the Jawbone does it with electronics..

a reviewer can't possibly test products like these in every conceivable situation or environment without spending a year doing it.. given my druthers, i'd druther use theBooms, specifically theBoom "O" model for calls (about $100.00).. theBoom Quiets are really a different kind of beast, although as i've said (to the point of ad nauseum), all three models use EXACTLY the same noise cancelling mic.. only with the Quiets can you plug it in or unplug it.. with the other two mono (one ear) models, it's permanently mounted..

i hope this clarifies things a bit, rather than adding to anyone's confusion.. just read my reviews, read UmeVoice's site, understand we're talking about three different models, but the mic is identical on all of them..

Thanks
    Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 08/07/2007 at 09:37 PM.
    Okay. Is the "O" your pick for most bang for your buck?

EDIT: I wasn't expecting a wind-tunnel test. I just wondered if you'd been outside with them. Mild wind is usually enough for folks to notice, in my experience. Just wondering.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Okay. Is the "O" your pick for most bang for your buck?

EDIT: I wasn't expecting a wind-tunnel test. I just wondered if you'd been outside with them. Mild wind is usually enough for folks to notice, in my experience. Just wondering.
    Hi

i don't know how many times i have to say it, nor in how many different ways, but once more.. theBoom "O" is my favorite headset. Period. yes, i've used it outside, but i didn't really pay attention to whether it was windy or not.. the thing just plain works.. no batteries, no Bluetooth, no flashing lights, no tiny buttons, no pairing.. just plug it in and use it.. like i said in my review, i visited my Brother.. sat in my car, engine running, a / c on full blast, stereo so loud i couldn't hear myself talk.. i rolled up the window and called him on his cell phone (he was standing a few feet away from my car).. and i *whispered* into the thing, literally could not hear myself talking, and he heard me clear as a bell and didn't hear the a / c or the stereo at all.. just my voice.. their mic works, as they claim it does, and i don't know anyone who got one who didn't fall in love with it.. you can order one from the store here, try it out, if it doesn't meet your expectations, send it back within thirty days and get a refund (you pay postage to return it).. and again, these are my opinions about it.. my opinions might not be the next guy's opinions..

once in a while i come across a product that i can recommend unconditionally.. the "O" is one of them.. i prefer the "O" over the regular theBoom because although the latter is "lower profile" and uses a soft, very flexible and comfy earloop, i wear glasses so earloops are often problematic for me, and i don't like ear gels that poke into my ear canal.. the regular theBoom only comes with one ear gel and you must use the one that comes with it.. UmeVoice told me if it sticks in too far and is irritating, you can cut a little bit off of it.. however, since they only give you one in the $!50.00 package (although you can probably order some spares from them..) .. the $100.00 "O" has neither an earloop nor an ear gel, so no conflict with my glasses' ear piece, and nothing sticking in my ear.. but uses exactly the same mic technology.. and if you look at the pictures of them, you'll see the mic has a foam windscreen over it.. unless a three foot long thin wire bothers you, unless jacking into the Treo's audio port bothers you, what have you got to lose?..

Thanks
    Harv
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast