1.    #1  
    I've been waiting for months for this bad boy.. www.jawbone.com Guess what? it came out today
    http://www.slipperybrick.com/2006/12...from-cingular/

www.jawbone.com

I called 5 Cingular stores, went to 2, and finally picked on up. I've only made a few test calls, but so far, it's as good as www.theboom.com

It's a bit heavier than most, but not much. It has 4 loops around the ear, and 4 different ear inserts, I was able to find one size that fits pretty good.

It comes with a wall charger that has a usb cable, so you can charge it in the wall, or off your computer via bluetooth. The box it comes in is pretty sweet, great presentation.

So, I have used dozens of bluetooth headsets, my latest one with the best soundquality is the Nokia bh-900. yes, I've tried the 510, and yes the bh-900 is better at noise cancellation, but it doesn't sit in your ear like the 510 so inbound sound is a bit quiet.

Well, this is best of both worlds. It sits in your ear and is LOUD. The noise cancellation is pretty awesome. 4 windows in my suburban down and radio blasting, and my friend said my voice was loud and clear and he could barely hear muffly on and off the radio in the background, but my voice never got covered up.

At home, I then turned on the radio at a pretty good volume, and sat 6 inches from it and my friend said he barely heard the music in the back, but again my voice came in very clear.

Their is a bit of inbound static, not alot, it's just not crystal clear like the bh-900.

Overall, I'm soooo excited, can't wait to do more test calls this weekend.

Go get it if you can, 30 days to return if you don't like it, we'll see.... But i'm a kid at xmas for sure.
    I'd like to see a review. I might have to pick one up.
    It\'s just a DSP headset. No jawbone conduction.

FYI, it came out on Monday. I bought one and returned it after a couple of days. The volume was only average. Compared to a WEP200, this \"jawbone\" is weak. BT range was decent, but not great. Some voice clipping if the headset isn\'t touching the side of your face (an odd feeling) and some digitation of your voice.

I\'m waiting for real jawbone headsets to come out soon.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Which Treo model are you using the Jawbone with? Are you having any problems with connectivity?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    The online write-ups I've seen say it was to be released on the 21st, which was Thursday.

It can be charged through the wall adapter or through the usb port of a computer - not Bluetooth.

I got it, today and have been very pleased. Gonna write a review soon, but the speaker volume was exceptional; I had to turn it all the way down keep from being blasted by my girlfriend's soft voice. I talked to a couple different people while I was in a noisy comic shop (right next to the register), on the median outside "in" traffic, in the men's restroom at the mall, in the food court of the mall, and other places, and the callers consistently said they couldn't or could just BARELY hear the stuff around me.

The instruction booklet said that noise cancellation can be turned off, which I like. Dunno how often I'd WANT the other person to hear music and stuff around me, but it could happen.

Also, the instructions say that a certain part of the device must be against your cheek for the caller to hear you properly (I assume this is only true when noise cancellation is engaged), but I didn't find this difficult, at all. I simply wore it as I normally would.

The device fit comfortably and was quite light.

I used it with my Treo 650.
    I took mine back. Just too tinny sounding on both ends + it does not COMPLETELY cut out background noise, it just softens it a little. I think these issues are typical of DSP, because these are the same reasons I took back the Plantronics 645. The Jawbone did have pretty good range though. Altogether, not worth the $$.
    Yeah, in the demo, there is a noticable difference when he turns on the DSP. His voice is definitely more robotic. Thats my main concern, but if that is the price of DSP, I am sure my tinny-sounding voice will sound better than the ambient noises.
  9.    #9  
    So another day, and I'll say It's still not 100%. The other party can still pick up other people in the room, baby crying etc, but very faint. I was hoping to be able to be in a room with others on the other side and not have the headset pick that sound up.

It does seem a bit more fragile than my nokia bh-900, that is to say pulling it in and out of my pocket i do think I will eventually break it. Also the pads that you can swap out twist off too easily. i've already pulled it out of my pocket without the nub, luckily it fell off in my pocket and not somewhere else.

I'm still waiting to see what theboom and the Q7 have against this. I'll see what happens in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    So another day, and I'll say It's still not 100%. The other party can still pick up other people in the room, baby crying etc, but very faint. I was hoping to be able to be in a room with others on the other side and not have the headset pick that sound up.

It does seem a bit more fragile than my nokia bh-900, that is to say pulling it in and out of my pocket i do think I will eventually break it. Also the pads that you can swap out twist off too easily. i've already pulled it out of my pocket without the nub, luckily it fell off in my pocket and not somewhere else.

I'm still waiting to see what theboom and the Q7 have against this. I'll see what happens in a week.
    Thanks for the update! Keep us informed...inquiring minds would LOVE to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post

Any chance you're not wearing it close enough to your face/cheek?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    The online write-ups I\'ve seen say it was to be released on the 21st, which was Thursday.
    Which write-ups are those because they\'re wrong. I bought mine on Wednesday the 20th and that wasn\'t the first day they were available. I\'ve got a sales receipt to prove it (and a return receipt on the morning of the 21st - LOL). It didn\'t take long to determine that it was yet another DSP headset except this one has poor comfort, average volume and a huge size. It just wasn\'t for me.

I agree that it seemed a bit fragile and the earpieces were really easy to remove and wanted to fall off regularly if you tried to adjust the fit of the earpiece while you were wearing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Which write-ups are those because they\'re wrong.
    This one.
    "It will be sold, starting Dec. 21, for $120 by Cingular Wireless."

I wonder if there was a special or limited early release in certain areas. Do you live in one of the biggest/most popular cities in the U.S.?