Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    I have been experiencing this problem with my Treo 650 for the year or so that I've owned it and have become very frustrated. I first used the World Clock alarm, then moved on to mobileCLOCK; I've had this "wake-up" problem with both. Here is what happens:

    1) I set the alarm at night for, say, 7AM
    2) I wake up feeling more rested than normal
    3) I look at the wall clock and see I've overslept
    4) I press the power button on the Treo
    5) The Treo starts alarming the moment I press the button, I see the time update from something random, like 7:38AM to the current time, like 8:17AM. The keyguard then pops up. I seem to recall that I am sometimes able to silence the alarm before the keyguard comes on the screen.

    The problem seems to happen randomly. I can go a month without it happening, then have the problem occur three times in one week.

    The notion that the Treo is inadvertantly getting input from a button/screen, and silencing the alarm before the keyguard comes on is interesting. If I have time, I may try to reproduce the problem under those conditions.
  2. #22  
    Was just noticing in my mobileCLOCK "Device" settings that there is a setting called "Fast wakeup" that was checked. I read the help info and it says, "If you find that alarms do not seem to be happening until you power-up your device manually then you should try turning this option off."

    We shall see...
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MolecularBear View Post
    Was just noticing in my mobileCLOCK "Device" settings that there is a setting called "Fast wakeup" that was checked. I read the help info and it says, "If you find that alarms do not seem to be happening until you power-up your device manually then you should try turning this option off."

    We shall see...
    Did that work?

    Anyone figured out a solution to this? Is there any other Alarm software that does not use Palm's Attention Manager (or whatever its called), or anything that ignores the keyguard? I was late again.................. :|
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    Did that work?

    Anyone figured out a solution to this? Is there any other Alarm software that does not use Palm's Attention Manager (or whatever its called), or anything that ignores the keyguard? I was late again.................. :|
    Butler's got a nag feature so you won't miss an alarm. Also has a different keyguard.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Butler's got a nag feature so you won't miss an alarm. Also has a different keyguard.
    Well butler works.. but it also causes "ghost" alarms on my treo.

    Either way Butler is not the solution, even if it would have worked for me. A bug cannot be fixed by applying band-aid. Thats Microsoft's job. I hope Palm is not into that too.

    Just give us a Linux treo already, so we can fix it ourselves. I have tried calling Palm on this. I have to follow up with them as soon as I get more time.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  6. #26  
    I'm really confused how some people dont' think this is a problem...

    Mine and obviously everyone else's 680 has a keyguard that allows ONE key press before its activated...that doesn't even make sense to me.

    If its in my pocket, and the alarm goes off chances are its going to move in my pocket and something will touch the screen or a button and I never hear the alarm.

    Same thing with a phone call. my keys, lighter, pen, or even my fingers touch something on the phone when pulling it out of my pocket...

    every other phone i have every used has a keyguard that doesn't allow anything to happen until you deactivate...isn't that the point?

    i've dealt with it, but i still want to complain.
  7. #27  
    Ok, I just sent it an email support request for this. And I let them know of this thread also. Waiting on their reply.

    K.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    So, to make a short story long..., if you use a Treo 680 and carry it in your pocket or purse or briefcase "naked" or in a slipcase and you are relying on the native keyguard to protect the Treo 680 from accidently silencing an alarm/alert event or an incoming call, be aware it does not work and because of this fault, you could easily miss reminders, appointments and calls.
    I have the same issue. It really IS a big problem as it is at the core of why I have a Treo. I hope there is an easy patch for this.
    Last edited by grahamhgreen; 03/16/2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Emphasis for Palm engineers.
    Every pixel a picasso
  9. #29  
    what the heck can we do?! can a dev make their own patch? someone paste this thread to palm tech -> passed on to coders?
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
  10. #30  
    Allright, Palm replied me a few minutes ago, and the Rep replicated the problem and passed it on to the development team. The rep will email me again when he hears something back from the dev team.

    yay!

    K.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    Allright, Palm replied me a few minutes ago, and the Rep replicated the problem and passed it on to the development team. The rep will email me again when he hears something back from the dev team.

    yay!

    K.
    Don't hold your breath over it ...
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    Don't hold your breath over it ...
    Trust me I will be pretty mad if any company doesn't fix the problems in the code i dont have access to. I am prepared to give anyone some reasonable time to fix it.

    I would defiantly be mad over something that causes me to be late every morning, or something that forces me to use an alarm clock that i have to program every night (a wall alarm clock) because apparently i cant remember to do that either.

    Either that or just give me the source, i will fix it myself.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn

    Don't hold your breath over it ...
    Trust me I will be pretty mad if any company doesn't fix the problems in the code i dont have access to. I am prepared to give anyone some reasonable time to fix it.

    I would defiantly be mad over something that causes me to be late every morning, or something that forces me to use an alarm clock that i have to program every night (a wall alarm clock) because apparently i cant remember to do that either.

    Either that or just give me the source, i will fix it myself.
    Hi kunjan:

    I have made four separate attempts with Palm (Canada and US) to obtain a resolution to the broken native keyguard and in each case Palm seemed to reluctantly agree that it was an issue and would refer it to the appropriate department...

    That was in December 2006.

    I've come to the conclusion it's another case of the cheque is in the mail syndrome, unfortunately.

    As holvoetn says, "Don't hold your breath over it ... "

    Since you mentioned you might be able to fix the native 680 keyguard if you had the code, I wonder if you could craft something like TreoGuard which fixed similar issues in the Treo600. Then we would be getting somewhere.

    TreoGuard does not work with the 680 and the original developer of TreoGuard has abandoned his baby and no one has stepped in to adopt the poor orphan.

    If someone was able to aquire the TreoGuard code and patch it for the 680, that might make those of us that realize that the broken native keyguard is a problem happier Palm customers.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    Hi kunjan:

    I have made four separate attempts with Palm (Canada and US) to obtain a resolution to the broken native keyguard and in each case Palm seemed to reluctantly agree that it was an issue and would refer it to the appropriate department...

    That was in December 2006.

    I've come to the conclusion it's another case of the cheque is in the mail syndrome, unfortunately.

    As holvoetn says, "Don't hold your breath over it ... "

    Since you mentioned you might be able to fix the native 680 keyguard if you had the code, I wonder if you could craft something like TreoGuard which fixed similar issues in the Treo600. Then we would be getting somewhere.

    TreoGuard does not work with the 680 and the original developer of TreoGuard has abandoned his baby and no one has stepped in to adopt the poor orphan.

    If someone was able to aquire the TreoGuard code and patch it for the 680, that might make those of us that realize that the broken native keyguard is a problem happier Palm customers.
    I think its possible to do that. TreoGuard is not open source. I will write the developer an email and see if this is feasible.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    I think its possible to do that. TreoGuard is not open source. I will write the developer an email and see if this is feasible.
    I just read on the link you provided to TreoGuard that it fixes inadvertent keypresses from affecting incoming calls (on the 600)...

    Do you think that if patched for the 680 it would also trap the same inadvertent keypress and also avoid interupting calendar alerts?

    I hope you can track him down and he's willing to allow piggybacking on his code.
  16. #36  
    Thanks for the explanation.

    I don't trust my Treo enough to use as an alarm clock in the morning. Several times, I've noticed a flash of light as it resets itself randomly during the night!

    It's kind of sad that this multi-hundred-dollar device isn't capable of being a reliable alarm clock, and that I'm keeping around an old outdated cellphone with a deactivated SIM card just to use its built-in, rock solid alarm clock feature!

    The "allow one keypress through before the keyguard works" bug is also a nuisance for the hardware buttons.

    I might have my place saved in a document I'm reading, for example. I put the Treo in my pocket. The buttons will get randomly rubbed, and go off, and the keyguard will kick in. However, one hardware button press still gets through! The Treo switches to a different app. Now, I've lost my place in the first app I was in, sigh....

    I'm amazed that this bug made it through Palm's QA process before shipping, but then I realized that "Palm QA" is an oxymoron
  17. #37  
    Bump... sweet. an organiser without an alarm.
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
  18. #38  
    Dear Kunjan:



    Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.



    Kunjan, I have talked with our Level 3 Engineers and the development team. They informed me that this is the new feature of the device. Many of the customer were requesting such feature so they have made changes on the PalmŪ Treo™ 680. We cannot change it back anymore since these changes are permanent. Hope this has answered your question.



    If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:



    http://www.palm.com/us/support



    A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you very shortly. We hope that you will take the time to provide us with your feedback about this support experience, as it will help us in our on-going effort to continually improve our services.



    Thank you for choosing Palm.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    My Reply:

    Thanks for your reply.

    Is there a way they could leave it user configurable?

    Thanks,
    Kunjan.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Their Reply:

    Dear Kunjan:



    Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.



    Kunjan, as of the moment, I am not sure if they will have that option for our future devices. But will forward this information to our development team so they can also consider this option.



    If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:



    http://www.palm.com/us/support



    A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you very shortly. We hope that you will take the time to provide us with your feedback about this support experience, as it will help us in our on-going effort to continually improve our services.
    Last edited by kunjan; 03/27/2007 at 01:56 AM.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  19. #39  
    Well check this out!
    It didnt work for me yet, but its the first beta. Give it a shot. It shows up in the prefs panel after you install it.

    TreoLock:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140196
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    Well check this out!
    It didnt work for me yet, but its the first beta. Give it a shot. It shows up in the prefs panel after you install it.

    TreoLock:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140196
    GreenHex:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions