1.    #1  
    I need help hotsyncing with bluetooth

I've created a virtual com port (both server and client types) on my computer
    My computer is a trusted device on my treo 700p

But when I hotsync it can't get by the:
    "Connecting with the desktop using MYCOMPI6000" phase, then give the message:
    "The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again"..and again...and again..

I know my bluetooth is working because I use a BT mouse.
    Local is checked when clicking the hotsync tray icon
    The proper COM port (COM 8) is selected in the Local tab of Hotsync setup...

what am I doing wrong?!?!

any help greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw View Post
    I need help hotsyncing with bluetooth

I've created a virtual com port (both server and client types) on my computer
    My computer is a trusted device on my treo 700p

But when I hotsync it can't get by the:
    "Connecting with the desktop using MYCOMPI6000" phase, then give the message:
    "The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again"..and again...and again..

I know my bluetooth is working because I use a BT mouse.
    Local is checked when clicking the hotsync tray icon
    The proper COM port (COM 8) is selected in the Local tab of Hotsync setup...

what am I doing wrong?!?!

any help greatly appreciated!
    On my Hotsync Magager, both Local and USB are checked.
    I seem to remember someone saying there was something screwy about how things were checked on these too.
    Give it a go, you got nothing to loose.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    anyone else? I am having same problem. I have windows xp sp2 & 700p. I deleted the com & reinstalled. does it matter which com I install on? what number?
  4.    #4  
    WOOT! I it works!

How? I attempted to do what this guy says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacopis View Post
    Thank you all again.

Now it works.

To get to it I:

a) on my PC, erased all Bluetooth ports, except for ports dedicated to System, Information Exchanger and HSP Manager;

b) on my PC, recreated one virtual Server serial port;

c) on my Treo, erased all Bluetooth connections;

d) re-paired the the Treo and the PC, creating a new connection o the Treo;

e) on my PC, reset all Preferences in Hotsync manager (local, new port).

Could not Palm Assistance suggest such a simple procedure before deciding i should Hardreset my Treo (with backup and restore nightmares) and a complete uninstall (with Windows registry meddling) and reinstall of PalmDesktop on my PC ? I am baffled.
    from this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129035

Differences:
    d) wasn't sure what he meant by repairing the treo and pc and creating a new connection, but I did re-add my computer as a trusted device on my treo's device list.
    e) didn't know how to reset....except check and uncheck =P

I also have a bluetooth mouse , and that stopped workin when I deleted all the ports (as above).

I recreated a new virtual server port (COM 8) and accidently, my mouse must have grabbed it =) so when I tried to BT sync, my treo said "port in use" or something...which was a hurrah moment cus I never got that far before.

Next, I created another port (COM 7) and got the same message about it being in use

Well, maybe my mouse just likes the lower COM port or something? so I tried setting the sync local to COM 8 again....And it worked!

Kind of, half way through it said it lost the connection....trying again now...
    Does anyone know if I can install a internal "Bluetooth/Wireless G" card like this in my HP laptop? I have a USB Bluetooth but it sticks out too much...I'm afraid I'll knock it off one day...anyone got any ideas? I think my laptop only has one card slot. I could possibly use a PCMCIA card.....???
  6.    #6  
    I use a PCMCIA Bluetooth Adapter with my Dell laptop =)
    Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw View Post
    I use a PCMCIA Bluetooth Adapter with my Dell laptop =)
    Does it stick out the slot much on the PCMCIA slot? or is it mostly flush?
  8.    #8  
    Hardly at all, maybe 1/4"? but I don't notice it.

Mine doesn't have an antenna like some do.

Merry Christmas!
    THis is too weird. I was having same dang problems & created 3 virtual ports & it did not work over any of them. Then I erased all 3 & my hotsync when automatically to port 1. I then tried a hotsync for the hell of it & it worked! Go figure...