Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    As for my question #1, I just now saw in a different thread that David Chang of Seidio says that the device with the bigger battery and humpback battery cover is 4 mm thicker than stock.
    Is the battery door available seperately? I already have a seidio extended battery (bought for my 650) and hoped that I could try that battery with my 680.
    Unfortunately not. Our original Treo 700/650 battery is not fully compatible with the new Treo 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    I tried it and it definitely gets the Treo 680 through the day. BUT...my 680 had a lousy time reading the voltages from the 650's 2400 battery. The 680 kept thinking the 2400 battery was out of juice half-way through the day, and would keep pestering me about a low battery until it would finally force a shut-down (even though the extended battery still held a charge). I'd have to remove the battery and put it back in for the phone to recognize that there was still a charge in it. This would happen a couple of times a day.

It was such a pain that I went back to using the 680's slim battery. I wonder if I have a defective battery or phone. The 680 doesn't have problems reading the voltage of the slim battery, nor does the 650 have problems reading the voltage of the extended battery.
    Your assumptions are correct. Our original Treo 700/650 battery is not fully compatible with the new Treo 680.
    We regret to inform you that there was a delay on our initial shipment of Treo 680 batteries and we will not have them for a few weeks. We are also hoping to have multiple colored doors available at that time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know as soon as they're available.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i'm sad about this. anyway, i still have my retractable sync-n-charge.
    Ugh. That doesn't bode well for the slim extended battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Is the battery door available seperately? I already have a seidio extended battery (bought for my 650) and hoped that I could try that battery with my 680.
    Ditto - I bought 2 extended batteries for my two 650's that are now both swapped out for 680's!
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Your assumptions are correct. Our original Treo 700/650 battery is not fully compatible with the new Treo 680.
    Thanks for the feedback. Is the new 2400 battery for the 680/750 backwards compatible with the 650/700? Alternatively, is there a way to get my existing 2400 battery to play nicely with the 680? (I would hate to have to purchase another battery of the same capacity & size of one I already have, if possible).

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i also have an extended battery for my 650
    We regret to inform you that there was a delay on our initial shipment of Treo 680 batteries and we will not have them for a few weeks. We are also hoping to have multiple colored doors available at that time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know as soon as they're available.

Thank you
    Does Seidio plan to offer just the door as a seperate part? I think that would be a bigger seller than offering it as a package. I have three 650 batteries in good shape I would like to use with my 680 if I had a proper door for it.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Is the new 2400 battery for the 680/750 backwards compatible with the 650/700? Alternatively, is there a way to get my existing 2400 battery to play nicely with the 680? (I would hate to have to purchase another battery of the same capacity & size of one I already have, if possible).

Thanks...
    Unfortunately, it is my understanding is that it won't be backwards compatible. I really wish I had a better answer for you. We were hoping that we could use our existing battery as well, but it was simply not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios View Post
    Does Seidio plan to offer just the door as a seperate part? I think that would be a bigger seller than offering it as a package. I have three 650 batteries in good shape I would like to use with my 680 if I had a proper door for it.
    We aren't at this time because the 650 batteries are not fully compatible with the 680.
    are you kidding me with this?

This is Seidios way of making money off you TWICE!
    Some people will buy this as a temp solution and then buy the other battery if/when they put it out (and if someone else doesnt beat them to it).

this is completely bull but hey its your money. enjoy the scam!
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    are you kidding me with this?

This is Seidios way of making money off you TWICE!
    Some people will buy this as a temp solution and then buy the other battery if/when they put it out (and if someone else doesnt beat them to it).

this is completely bull but hey its your money. enjoy the scam!
    You couldn't be farther from the truth. This is in no way a scam on our part. The new 680 and 750 are simply not fully compatible with our old battery. Since we know this, it wouldn't be good business for us to sell a door for a battery that isn't supposed to be in there anyway.
    The new 680 and 750 are simply not fully compatible with our old battery.
    Would it be too much trouble on your part to further elaborate on why it is not fully compatible? I think that is the question all of us are wondering.

You can't say it doesn't work or isn't fully compatible without an explaination and expect not to get bashed when there are probably hundreds of people out there using their 650 extended batteries in their 680/750s w/o any problems.

I've read of some charging circuitry problems over at the 750 forum but so far no one hasn't complained of their 650 battery not working on their 680.
    to seidio (David, right?)
    Just to obtain clarification on this, is your 2400 extended battery showing that it in fact does not have a battery drain problem associated with it?
    I realized that it won't be available now for a few weeks, but my concern is that it is speculated that there is a firmware problem causing the battery drain that so many of us are seeing. I would then wonder if any battery in there will ultimately do the same. Thanks!
    I've used my old PALM 650 battery several times in the Treo 680 and with no bad results except that there is no back cover on the device. But the pouch I use keps the battery in place quite well.
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by baje View Post
    to seidio (David, right?)
    Just to obtain clarification on this, is your 2400 extended battery showing that it in fact does not have a battery drain problem associated with it?
    I realized that it won't be available now for a few weeks, but my concern is that it is speculated that there is a firmware problem causing the battery drain that so many of us are seeing. I would then wonder if any battery in there will ultimately do the same. Thanks!
    A VERY good question - asked this before and got no response. if that IS the case and it's the firmware the extended battery is just a patch until Palm releases and update.

If the battery makes the phone behave like say the 650 using the same 2400 mAh then it's the original 680 batteries that are bad - cause for a massive recall maybe? This will be a very important piece of info esp when ppl decide whether to buy another battery and what kind.....
    We aren't at this time because the 650 batteries are not fully compatible with the 680.
    I purchased a 2400ma 650 battery from Seidio not 8 weeks ago, you mean to tell me that is not compatible with the 680? Funny because if I also put in the other two 650 batteries I own (original that came w/ my 650 & the Mugen) they both work perfectly in my 680, for the exception of the door.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Guys, not fully compatible does not mean it doesnt work, but in the case of damage the manufactorer will not grant any garranty. That is how here in germany this statement would be interpreted. Usage is on your own risk.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast