Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I bought a sedio 2400ma battery for my 650 about 6 weeks ago, it works fine in my 680. I travel alot, so with that said, until hump-less, higher capacity solution is available I will be traveling w/ my 2400ma and some tape for those times I'm trapped @ the airport & all the good spots w/ outlets are taken........
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    MacGuyver, eat yer heart out!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Based on some of the folks' posting, can anyone confirm that 650 battery can work with 680? (except the case will not fit)? I have two 650 batteries and migrated to 680, don't know what to do with the two 650 batteries. Thank you in advance...
    Yup, they work, but stick out and you can't put the battery cover back on.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Okay, since the extended battery is already out, why didn't SEIDIO have the intuition to make covers for other colors other than graphite.

If they have been reading the numerous posts (on MOST Treo discussion sites) on battery problems, they would have realized that this has been a NEED since day one.

Come on guys, either make those non-graphite extended covers or make a slimmer MORE powerful battery that could fit with the standard cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by RRM0221 View Post
    Okay, since the extended battery is already out, why didn't SEIDIO have the intuition to make covers for other colors other than graphite.
    Uhh...they are. Direct from their website: "* Note: As of now, we only offer the Graphite Battery Door Cover, more colors will be released soon." Did you read that RRM, I'll repeat that last part for you: "more colors will be released soon."

Quote Originally Posted by RRM0221
    Come on guys, either make those non-graphite extended covers or make a slimmer MORE powerful battery that could fit with the standard cover.
    Again, they are. They're trying the best they can so I think you need to just STFU and be patient.
    anyone bought one of these yet and can comment esp on whether the battery drain is the same as the original (and hence bad 680 firmware) or if it's comparable to the 2400 mAh on the 650 (and hence bad 680 batteries sent out and not bad firmware)??
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT. View Post
    Again, they are. They're trying the best they can so I think you need to just STFU and be patient.
    There's no need to be talking like that to anyone. You need to cool it.
    Thank you all for the advise, I shall "redeploy" my two 650 batteries to 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    There's no need to be talking like that to anyone. You need to cool it.
    What? I was just telling him to be patient lol.
    Does anyone think this battery on ebay would fit the 680? They don't give dimensions in the ad. It's cheap enough that I may give it a shot, unless someone specifically says "don't bother". Listed as "1700-1800 mAh":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150074119496

((Most of the spare batteries I've bought for cell phones in the past have come from ebay. Had a handful of lemons, but most of the time I was very pleased. I've usually paid $10-$15, compared to the $30-$60 that cellphone makers charge for OEM batteries. My favorite aftermarket battery ever was on my Nokia 6160 (the old-style large candybar phone, circa 2000). That thing was a huge hump on the back of the phone, making the phone twice its normal size. But it lasted forever. I could go over a week without charging it...even when it got down to 1 bar of charge (out of 4 or 5....don't remember), I knew it was still good for a day or two. Good times...))
    brad...looks the same size as the 650 OEM...so it wouldnt fit without a humpback cover on the 680
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Way to go Seidio! You really got this out fast. I don't plan on buying this because I'm holding out hope for the slim battery. However, even if I wanted this I still wouldn't buy it simply because I don't want a graphite cover on my arctic 680. Am I just being too girly or does this bother anyone else?
    couldn't have said this in a more politically correct manner. nicely done.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    So does anyone know how many mm of depth the humpback battery cover adds to the phone? And is there any chance the average silicone skin cover would still fit? What about side holster cases?
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_h View Post
    So does anyone know how many mm of depth the humpback battery cover adds to the phone? And is there any chance the average silicone skin cover would still fit? What about side holster cases?
    I don't know about the mm of depth, but I have used Palm's silicone skin cover with my 680 and Seidio's 2400 battery (which was originally designed for the 650).

It was a little weird looking, but it worked just fine - it pretty much seemed to hold the battery firmly in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    Based on some of the folks' posting, can anyone confirm that 650 battery can work with 680? (except the case will not fit)? I have two 650 batteries and migrated to 680, don't know what to do with the two 650 batteries. Thank you in advance...
    I tried it and it definitely gets the Treo 680 through the day. BUT...my 680 had a lousy time reading the voltages from the 650's 2400 battery. The 680 kept thinking the 2400 battery was out of juice half-way through the day, and would keep pestering me about a low battery until it would finally force a shut-down (even though the extended battery still held a charge). I'd have to remove the battery and put it back in for the phone to recognize that there was still a charge in it. This would happen a couple of times a day.

It was such a pain that I went back to using the 680's slim battery. I wonder if I have a defective battery or phone. The 680 doesn't have problems reading the voltage of the slim battery, nor does the 650 have problems reading the voltage of the extended battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT. View Post
    What? I was just telling him to be patient lol.
    You are assuming that I might be stupid DavidT.

STFU????

Then, I assume you might be working for SEIDIO? Bad manners!

There is no need for that here.
    You are assuming that I might be stupid DavidT.
    I don't assume

Then, I assume you might be working for SEIDIO? Bad manners!
    I don't work for Seidio, if I did I would give you guys a full thorough review of this battery; it might actually help the sells if they had detailed bench testing of this battery unit as opposed to just saying it has 100% more capacity. Eitherway, I will be placing an order for this battery just to try it out.
    Last edited by DavidT.; 12/25/2006 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    couldn't have said this in a more politically correct manner. nicely done.
    Thank you very kindly, oalvarez.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I'm still wondering 2 things:
    1. How much thicker does this make the 680, in mm?
    2. Would the "humpback" aftermarket cover hold the OEM 1200 mAh battery in place? If I buy the 2400 mAh battery, I'll still want to carry the 1200 mAh as a secondary (I'm a road warrior, flying weekly), but does that mean I'd have to carry the OEM battery cover also? Or maybe just a piece of foam to put under the humpback cover?

For now (and especially lacking any real details on Seidio's site other than "It's thicker. Battery cover included!"), I'm holding out for a higher-capacity battery that's the same as the OEM's thickness (6 mm, right?), to maintain the slim, sleek, sexy form.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast