1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm a treo nub and I looked through the manual but couldn't find anything about how to close an application. I'm so used to pressing the "red" button to cancel any program and etc on all my previous phones but on the 680 I can only use it to end a phone call or lock my phone. Is there a dedicated button or procedure to close an application or do I just press the "application" button or the "phone" button? Thanks in advance!
    It closes when you go to a different app.
  3.    #3  
    Ahh...Thank you.

I wish there was a button to do it, I'm so used to pressing the "red (power)" button.
    erm... PalmOS 5.x doesn't multitask, so when you open one program, you're closing the current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemesoul View Post
    Ahh...Thank you.

I wish there was a button to do it, I'm so used to pressing the "red (power)" button.
    I actually think it is a great feature of palm OS.

palm OS does multi-task, just not in the conventional microsoft windows way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    I actually think it is a great feature of palm OS.

palm OS does multi-task, just not in the conventional microsoft windows way.
    I believe the proper term is pre-emptive multitasking, not "the conventional microsoft windows way".

I wouldn't consider it a feature, it's a drawback. Not being able to multitask pre-emptively is why the 680 is still stuck on EDGE (and not UMTS or HSDPA), and why the PalmOS Treos don't support SDIO wifi.