Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    As reported before, when i run the 680 with my Vodafone SIM card i get the option of SMS delivery in Messages/ Options... I have also noticed that while creating a message, there is an option under/ File/ Reports that allow me to enable this feature for this particular message.

Anyone else get this!
    Hey, there is no such thing as "Messages/Options" and neither "File/Reports" when creating messages! Did you really mean "680"?

I've been missing this feature since I changed from my Nokia, so I would very much like to have it back...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes, i do mean the 680. This works ONLY if i have my Vodafone chip in. i would in message go to: menu/options/ preferences and there would a line for SMS Receipts (underMMS Receipts) to enable the feature.

Also, while writing a message, Menu/ Compose... teh last option would be "Receipts" and you can request receipt for that message.
    *0# at the start of the SMS text will enable a delivery report, but its just for that message and must be included at the start of every message you want a report for.

Sucks to not have a global option for this, but the carriers can disable it from appearing I believe.
    wow, i can't believe people want sms receipts...the windows mobile users want to get rid of it! I had an HTC wizard/tmobile mda and they are annoying!

the old nokia style, they pop up and are gone real quick which i guess was nice...but not sure why i need a note saying i sent an SMS...i know i sent one!
    Quote Originally Posted by whajj View Post
    As reported before, when i run the 680 with my Vodafone SIM card i get the option of SMS delivery in Messages/ Options... I have also noticed that while creating a message, there is an option under/ File/ Reports that allow me to enable this feature for this particular message.

Anyone else get this!
    I'm having issues finding my Messaging...it will pop up with a "ok, go to," etc but when I try to find them again-I can't? I was trying to use my Agendus to send them....but they aren't there. So I go to Messaging....nothing there either. Where are they?

680 Singular
    I'm on T-Mobile USA...and I have this option.
    Never use it
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I see receipts under Message menu using a T-mobile sim. Also, for GaBoynFla ... Agendus has a conflict with their mail program and the Treo 680's SMS. I had the same problem as you until I uninstalled Agendus Mail (only, no need to remove the rest) and then reinstalled only the mail program, answering "no" to Agendus handles SMS. Then in Agendus preferences, be sure the settings are to let the Treo handle SMS in all 3 locations this can be set and your messages will then work again. Agendus is supposed to be working on resolving this issue, but until then, this works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    wow, i can't believe people want sms receipts...the windows mobile users want to get rid of it! I had an HTC wizard/tmobile mda and they are annoying!

the old nokia style, they pop up and are gone real quick which i guess was nice...but not sure why i need a note saying i sent an SMS...i know i sent one!
    The Palm style could be displaying a different icon for the sms-chat/sent!
    This is a matter of supporting what is part of the standard functionality/protocol. I admit I use it extremely seldom, however I do use it to determine if peoples phone are actually off, or plainly ignoring me :-)

// Martin