1.    #1  
    I've been looking for a app for my 700p that goes back screen by screen. It appears to be impossible to find.
    How is it possible that with all these brilliant developers who create wonderfully complicated and customizable apps for palm OS 5, that nobody has been able to create an app that can re-map a button for previous screen? Is there a limitation in the OS that cannot be overcome by crafty hacking?
    I know there are app switchers that offer a shortcut. But they are not truly taking a user back to the screen they were previously on, rather back to another programů

Is this really such an impossible feat? From reading various treo boards, this seems to be a requested piece of functionality. So please someone, make it happen! I challenge all Palm OS 5 developers to come up with something that works its way back and not just switch apps. I know people would buy this!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Do a search for a software called McPhling... I believe this might be able to do something close to what you want.
    With the 700p there is really no need to have a previous page option because it is such a simple interface. And it can only normally run 1 program at a time. Normally 1 or 2 press will get you back to the application you were previously in or if you are in a submenu, there is usually a "done" button or "cancel" to get you back to main menu of that app. But I can see why you would like that option. I dont think this will change unless a lot of people complain about it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF View Post
    Do a search for a software called McPhling... I believe this might be able to do something close to what you want.
    I haven't tried this yet, but I've read that it switches between apps only. Does it have the ability to be configured to go back screen by screen?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    With the 700p there is really no need to have a previous page option because it is such a simple interface. And it can only normally run 1 program at a time. Normally 1 or 2 press will get you back to the application you were previously in or if you are in a submenu, there is usually a "done" button or "cancel" to get you back to main menu of that app. But I can see why you would like that option. I dont think this will change unless a lot of people complain about it.
    I agree, it is a simple interface, I just find it annoying that occasionally (more often than I'd like) in order to re-do something or or exit a screen you have to re-start the app. Even if it's a few clicks, it should be more user friendly and intuitive. I keep finding myself thinking how this is such an obvious thing, but maybe I'm asking for too much... Mind you, I am a software tester by trade, so this is more painful to me because I am critical by profession!
    Might help to give a good use case with a few example apps to demonstrate it/explain it better
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yeah.. An example would help.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I use McPhling, it works great. I have it configured to for "Option" (gray) button + "Alt" to go to the last app and "Option" + "Menu" for a list of recent and favorite apps.
    I use HiLauncher.
    It lets you launch apps, websites, phone number, and anything else on your treo with just two button pushes from ANY app. It also offers a long hold option so that you do not have to lose one of your hard keys. You can also launch recent apps, and it allows you to assign any button to switch back to the last app used. I have the side button assigned to the previous app. It is invaluable and saves so much time.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    butler. you can use the volume buttons to go back and forth between apps.
    Wow, McPhling is fantastic just for that one feature - making the button below the volume button act as a "Back" button.

I'm amazed more people don't find it so useful.

It's so frustrating when you get a text message or any other alert, and you want to go do something briefly with it. Then you need to go hunt for whatever you were working on previously. I find it incredibly helpful to be able to click and go back. Coming from a dreadful Windows Mobile device, I missed the "OK" button functionality.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Might help to give a good use case with a few example apps to demonstrate it/explain it better
    OK, for example, when you go from the phone screen to phone log, select message, and if you cancel out of it, you're taken to the messages app, not back to the Call log. Or, jumping around within the calendar, or within the Camera/Picture app, there are times when I'm going through something a bit too fast and don't realize that I've passed the screen I need until it's too late.
    Those are the moments when I'm annoyed there's no back button and I have to keep clicking on Home which launches zlauncher.
    I guess what I'm saying is that one of my peeves about this treo is that I don't want to look at more application icons or names and have to think about where I was last. I just want it to go back one screen at a time. I can understand if there was a limit as to how many screens back it can go. But, if it can go back 3 or 4 screens, I (and many others) would be VERY HAPPY! Or if each screen left a breadtrail at the top... That would work well too!
    Last edited by njbutterfly; 12/21/2006 at 08:31 PM.