Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Imaybe missing something, but I cannot beam somethingfrom my 680 to a 600?

SPG
    I am having the same problem beaming to a 680 and 650 as well. My laptop detects the infra-red for Treo but it is beaming to other Treos that is giving me the problem.
    Yes, I tried transferring some items from my 650 this way when I was just starting with the installation, but never did get it to work. There's nothing to configure so I'm not sure what's going on there. And I haven't had another 680 close enough to try it with.

But bluetooth works super-well, so I just paired it with my Mac and bounced the file through there. I *suppose* we could pair the two treo's together, but I don't think they serve file xfer profile, so that might not work so well.

Just yesterday some guy was complaining that his WM Treo wasn't so easy to get stuff off of... he couldn't manage to get photos from it to his PC as much as he tried. So I took a few photos with my 680, connected it to my PC (work) via bluetooth... and violia, I'd emailed him crappy VGA renditions of the 1.2Mp photos he couldn't get off of his WM device. He was in tears.
    you did reset the T600? and/or T680?

WIth my Clie, i had to reset that for the beaming to work...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    you did reset the T600? and/or T680?
    Nope... and it was a 650. I can't try it now because (a) there wasn't anything left on it that would have been worth transferring and (b) because it's now packaged up and sitting at FedEx waiting for it's plane ride to the trade-in center.

I do have a friend who also recently got a 680. I'll have to try beaming something between our Treos the next time I see him.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Bluetooth beaming with Filez works well between T680s and aso between the T680 and T650. IR didn't work for me, but it's been sketchy since the 600 days.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Never had any problems beaming with the 600 or the 650 (I don't remember if my 300 even had IR...). The 680's IR isn't near as good as its predecessors'. It's probably linked to the new battery somehow! Ha!
    Hey guys, I'm new to treos but my beaming and blue tooth ain't working. Tried BT from a sony ericson to mine, don't work. Tried BT and beaming from a PALM PDA to my 680. Won't work as well. Do you have to soft reset it everytime for the beaming and BT to work?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooky View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to treos but my beaming and blue tooth ain't working. Tried BT from a sony ericson to mine, don't work. Tried BT and beaming from a PALM PDA to my 680. Won't work as well. Do you have to soft reset it everytime for the beaming and BT to work?
    Sony to Palm no. Bluetooth form Sony is probably for PC connection only.

PDA to 680 should work for sending a file via Bluetooth.
  10.    #10  
    Part of the problem is my wife has a 600 and I have a 680 and we can no longer beam to each other.

SPG
    Okay, this may sound a bit silly and obvious, but you DID turn "beam recieve" on for IR, right? I am pretty sure it is not ON by default.
    Oh yeah, I made sure to check IR Receive on both sides. And note, too, that this only affects *receiving*. You can send w/o turning that on.
    I beamed from my old 650 to my 680 and from my wife's 650 to my 680. I haven't tried bluetooth yet.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    My bean doesn't work either?? Can't beam from the 650?? Weird..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooky View Post
    Yep. Need to do a reset everytime I want to beam something using my 680. After the reset, beaming works. Weird.
    I had to have my 680 replaced due to the phone wouldn't turn on, took it to the cingular store and they swapped it out and tried beaming and it worked on that one as well.
    i have a beaming problem as well. i turned it on but it still wouldnt work. i then tried bluetooth and it also wouldnt work. i did a soft reset and bluetooth worked but beaming (infrared) still didnt.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    My 700P always resets on the intial beam. Then it's ok. Nice "feature."
    Quote Originally Posted by PseriesFan View Post
    i have a beaming problem as well. i turned it on but it still wouldnt work. i then tried bluetooth and it also wouldnt work. i did a soft reset and bluetooth worked but beaming (infrared) still didnt.
    Same problem here. Palm had better get a firmware fix for this issue.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I can beam fine between my 650 and 680. I can also beam to the three other IR phones in the house from both. I did install that IR patch from Palm on the 650 to get it to work consistently, it was always hit or miss on the 650. But I've never had to reset just to beam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast