Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just wondering what you did to your Treo 650/600 (or older) after upgrading to the 680? I still have mine and I'm contemplating on selling it on eBay or keeping it just for the hell of it. What would you do?
    Sony Clie N610C • Sony Clie N710C • Sony Clie UX50 • Palm Tungsten T|5 • Locked Cingular Treo 650 • Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Keep it for now.
    I don't have a 650, but I can't bear to part with any of my past devices. I always say I'll sell the old device on eBay, but I'm to sentimental. I start thinking about all of the good times we had together. In the end I always back out.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I was thinkin of selling my old 650 on EBay, but my 7 years old daughter love to play Bejeweled...so, I'm keeping it
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    I usually sell my phones on ebay.

BUT the 650 was an awesome phone while in Europe (my bro and i travel often) it'll probably become our back-up travel phone.

I've got a 6230b around here i'll probably sell though...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Some of us may be using them for the trade-up rebate -- see this thread. I decided to go this route instead of selling it myself because my 650 has some case wear where a crappy holster had worn away at the finish. Since it was otherwise in working order, I figured $125 from the trade-up was better than nothing.
    Last edited by taroliw; 12/21/2006 at 01:37 PM. Reason: LOL "selling myself" sounds a little odd...
    In the past, I gave my Palm IIIx to my sister as a birthday present when I upgraded to a Clie N650, kept the N650 when I upgraded to an N7xx, traded in the N650 when I upgraded to a T616, sold the T615 to my brother when I upgraded to a Kyocera 7135, which I sold on eBay when I switched carriers and got a Treo 650.

Now that I just upgraded to a 680, I'm taking advantage of the trade-up program, to reduce my over-all expense for the new device.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Some of us may be using them for the trade-up rebate -- see this thread. I decided to go this route instead of selling myself because my 650 has some case wear where a crappy holster had worn away at the finish. Since it was otherwise in working order, I figured $125 from the trade-up was better than nothing.
    Yeah I saw that trade-up deal in the Palm website. I was thinking about it too, maybe have two Treo 680, except the other one's unlocked. I just called Cingular to see if I can still get my 650 unlocked. If not, I'll consider trading it in but I gotta decide soon.
    Sony Clie N610C • Sony Clie N710C • Sony Clie UX50 • Palm Tungsten T|5 • Locked Cingular Treo 650 • Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Sold it for $200 on Ebay and paid $150 for my 680 (with one year contract).
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Same here. I sold my year old 650 to a friend for $200.00 and bought and unlocked crimson from palm. No wait for a mail in rebate and no contract to sign with Cingular, also no need to change to the pda plan for $39.99. I get to keep my plan the way it is.

I'm a happy camper :-)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    where is the poll?

I'm probably going to give my 650 to my GF, i asked her if she would walk with it. She did not jump up and say "YES GIMME GIMME GIMME" probably because she doesnt know how good it is. But she did not deny it either. If she doesnt like it i will give it to my dad, or some of my friends to convince them to buy a treo themselves.

Before my 650 i had a 180, which was totally trashed when i finally got the 650, so i placed it in the "electronics recycling dumpster" and it was disposed of in a green way.

Before that i had a palm V, but i gave that to my dad, who didnt really use it for long. He probably still have it somewhere, but he doesnt use it.
    Neither did i, i did not want to carry 2 devices. So i love my treo.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    it is my new backup.
    morris stalk
    I used the $125 trade up option as my 650 was in poor condition. I'm a landscaper and that thing was pretty beat up. Bought the 680 unlocked as my Cingular contract is up in two months and I don't want to sell my sould to the mobile world again. No changing plans, just plug in the SIM and off we go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    where is the poll?
    Well, I posted a poll inquiring whether people were using the trade-up offer... here
    I gave my 600 to my fiance after getting my little copper beauty.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well, I posted a poll inquiring whether people were using the trade-up offer... here

Thanks taroliw!
    Well I just sold my unlocked Cingular 650 on Ebay for $219.00. I had a starting bid of $125 and "Buy It Now" price of $219. Someone grabbed it with "Buy It Now" an hour after I put it up for auction! Granted it was in mint condition, and I took great pictures of it. Also it was a relatively new (8 months old) replacement from Palm after the "P" key went soft on my first 650.

I then bought an unlocked Copper 680 from Palm at our airport store in Atlanta. No messing with rebates or extending my contract with Cingular, so I also don't need to sacrifice my Media Net unlimited at $20 and change to the ripoff pda plan for $39.99.

AND they had a special at the Palm store. They threw in a free of Zire Z-22 with the purchase of the Treo. Gave that to my son to replace his dying Sony Clie...

A happy guy
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I do not think your poll has the right options.