Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Is there an app available to do a soft reset, say after every hotsynch, or at 5:00am every morning?

    I'm thinking this is necessary for my Sprint Treo 700p in order to AVOID getting the white screen of death and resultant soft reset when I press the "Web" button to log onto the internet. This problem has been happening much too often.

    I have noticed that after the device finishes the whole 45 second routine, if I press the "Web" button thereafter, it works just fine. My device continues to work fine if I click on the Web icon. It's only a problem the first time I click on "Web" during the day.

    I realize that part of the problem may be contributed to all the many apps I have on my device and/or whatever settings too. At this point, I just want to test out the above theory, and hope this works.

    Thanks,
    Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  2. lazaruz's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Is there an app available to do a soft reset, say after every hotsynch, or at 5:00am every morning?

    I'm thinking this is necessary for my Sprint Treo 700p in order to AVOID getting the white screen of death and resultant soft reset when I press the "Web" button to log onto the internet. This problem has been happening much too often.

    I have noticed that after the device finishes the whole 45 second routine, if I press the "Web" button thereafter, it works just fine. My device continues to work fine if I click on the Web icon. It's only a problem the first time I click on "Web" during the day.

    I realize that part of the problem may be contributed to all the many apps I have on my device and/or whatever settings too. At this point, I just want to test out the above theory, and hope this works.

    Thanks,
    Casey
    nvbackup (freeware) has option to backup at specific time and to do soft reset after backup= i have mine set for 1am
  3.    #3  
    Can this app simply do a soft reset at a prescheduled time withOUT the need for doing a backup? I don't want the app to perform backups.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  4. lazaruz's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Can this app simply do a soft reset at a prescheduled time withOUT the need for doing a backup? I don't want the app to perform backups.
    not that i am aware

    you might be interested in dbcache tool ( do a search in the forums) it wont do exactly what you want but will clear the dbcache when certain parameters are met (ie when the dbcache hits a certain level) give it look it works fine
  5. #5  
    A program like LookAtMe to schedule the reset and mReset to actually perform the reset - the solution I use. Ben
  6.    #6  
    http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...4-palm-pc.html

    Is this the same LookAtMe you're referring to?

    Lemme know please, as I'm gonna check it out. I already have mReset, so maybe these 2 apps would do the trick.

    Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  7. #7  
    http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod1920786

    simple and works

    Edit: oops, sorry, didn't see that you wanted scheduled resets.
  8. #8  
    That is it. I have it doing three things on a routine schedule and it has yet to fail. Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...4-palm-pc.html

    Is this the same LookAtMe you're referring to?

    Lemme know please, as I'm gonna check it out. I already have mReset, so maybe these 2 apps would do the trick.

    Thanks, Casey
  9. #9  
    I also use look at me and mreset -- Have the Treo wake around 6 each a.m., pull in new on demand content/stories, backup using backup man, then do a soft reset.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  10. #10  
    Delete Chatter and you will never get another soft reset when you press the web button. I think chatter is leaving a port open or something that really does not work well with the EVDO. Once its gone so are 99% of the problems on the 700p.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  11. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    #11  
    Pref Doctor or Reset Doctor from Hobbyist software has a DB cache manager that will flush automatically when it hits the cache limit you set.
  12.    #12  
    I have done a short test to see if LookAtMe works along with mReset. Unfortunately, I think my TealLock is blocking the 2 apps from performing a soft reset while the device is locked. Or maybe I have the wrong settings for LookAtMe? Can someone help me understand what the correct settings are for doing a soft reset every morning at 5:00am? Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  13. #13  
    Have you confirmed with with Marc? I have yet to have a soft reset when I press the web button and I run Chatter 24/7 on my Sprint Treo 700p.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Delete Chatter and you will never get another soft reset when you press the web button. I think chatter is leaving a port open or something that really does not work well with the EVDO. Once its gone so are 99% of the problems on the 700p.
  14. #14  
    List LookAtMe and mReset as allowed applications in the "Apps-Allowed+ options under "Security." The problem though this will cause you is that as the Treo reboots, the default lockout application will stop it dead.

    The LookAtMe settings - enable "Internal" and "Silent."

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I have done a short test to see if LookAtMe works along with mReset. Unfortunately, I think my TealLock is blocking the 2 apps from performing a soft reset while the device is locked. Or maybe I have the wrong settings for LookAtMe? Can someone help me understand what the correct settings are for doing a soft reset every morning at 5:00am? Thanks, Casey
  15. #15  
    My two cents...

    I also use lookatme and mReset to reboot a couple times a day (damn text message glitch)

    also...

    I've been running chatter since the 700 launch... no Web related bugs here.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging

Posting Permissions