Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I am unable to synchronize my Treo 680 at all. I plug it in and press the Hotsyc button on the USB cable and nothing happens. So, I figured I would try to remove and reinstall the Palm Desktop software using the one that came with the Treo 680. That failed. I am unable to remove the program from my computer. I get the error saying that the uninstaller could not access "\WINDOWS\Installer\[palmone or something.mis]"

I used the "[ ]" because I don't recall the exact message. What can I do now?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Try installing the 680 hotsync over the top of the old software. Also, don't hotsync your old Palm stuff to the 680, make a new user and install apps one at a time to test their compatibility.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It won't even let me install the new Hotsync program that comes on the 680 CD. The same error message pops up!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Ooh...I wrote down the error message.

It says:

Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\palmOne.msi
    Hi Silver 5 I have the same problem too, but I'm able to at least hotsync once. but then always have problem hotsyncing.

So you suppose to plug in the usb cable and press the button on the cable n it's suppose to hotsync right? Unless I'm missin something here. That's what I did but nothin happens most of the time.

Only managed to hotsync once. And my bluetooth is not working at all..
    Hello, I just read the cd rom manual and did some trouble shooting. End up doing a soft reset. (remove battery and put it in). Select 'local usb' from system manager. and it did synchronise.

My beaming and bluetooth is not working, wonder if I have to soft reset everytime someone wants to send me something via bluetooth or beaming.