1.    #1  
    I have Pocket Tunes running on a Treo 650. It plays my mp3s that I burn from CDs fine, but I can't get WMAs to run that are downloaded from a music service like Musicmatch. Ptunes is telling me that I don't have the license...meanwhile I just downloaded it to my PC. I used a card reader to get the music to the treo.

Any ideas why the license isn't transferring?

Thanks.
    Jen
  2.    #2  
    I realized after I posted this that I can't use a card reader according to the ptunes website. I have been transferring songs from music match using the ptunes connection, but it is EXTREMELY slow. Any other ways to do this fast and get the license information too?
    Thanks for your help..it seems like so many people use this, but I am finding complicated.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    PTunes needs to be Deluxe version for it to be able to play WMA songs - it wasn't clear if your version of PTunes is deluxe (registration fee required).

There shouldn't be a problem transferring songs via a card reader to your card. I do this for my songs.
  4.    #4  
    I do have deluxe and I have been able to move over protected WMA songs, but only by going into Musicmatch and adding the track to my "portable device" when I am connected through ptunes. It is SO slow moving songs over that way, but it's the only way I seem to be able to get them to play. When I drag them onto the card using a card reader, they tell me I need the license.
    Once you transfer a few licensed songs through the application, you should be able to transfer others with a card reader. You just need to have the license file on your treo. I think it is called store.hds. You will need to connect to the licensing application once in a while to update the license. I use Yahoo and it works fine, but it doesn't transfer as fast as a card reader.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have yahoo music unlimited. I can transfer songs through yahoo music to my device, but the transfer as at USB 1.1 speeds (very slow). I have card reader on my treo 700P (sets up my device like a USB flash drive). It shows up in yahoo music and when I try to transer files in yahoo music in this USB mode I get an error saying my device doesn't have a license. I also try to transfer files through Windows explorer and the music transfers, but when I go itno pTUNES 4.0 and select the songs I also get a license error message. I think USB 2.0 speeds should be possible because I have a Sansa player and my files transfer at USB 2.0 speeds in Yahoo music. Maybe it is the way pTUNES works with Yahoo music?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zepjkoh View Post
    think USB 2.0 speeds should be possible because I have a Sansa player and my files transfer at USB 2.0 speeds in Yahoo music. Maybe it is the way pTUNES works with Yahoo music?
    The problem is with the Treo hardware. It's only USB 1.1, so it's slow. I've only been able to get my licensed music to work by using the direct Yahoo Music to PTunes transfer. And yes, it is painfully slow.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your responses. I don't download music that often, so it's not terrible, mostly I burn my own CDs which transfer fine because there's no license attached. I just so happened to download from Musicmatch a few tunes the other day and found it difficult to get them over to play on Ptunes. I guess it's just something I have to live with! Thanks for all your responses.
    To be honest, although I have Yahoo music, I generally convert my music so it plays without a license. It just makes it easier than messing around with the licensing errors.
  10.    #10  
    How do you convert it? The license are such a pain...I am annoyed because I legitimately bought these songs and they are so annoying to deal with. Makes me not want to buy anything online.
    Quote Originally Posted by treojennifer View Post
    How do you convert it? The license are such a pain...I am annoyed because I legitimately bought these songs and they are so annoying to deal with. Makes me not want to buy anything online.

Do a google search for something like convert drm music. Lots of info.