Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I have a Treo 680 on T-Mobile. Can someone e-mail me the Blackberry Connect Software? I would really appreciate it.
    Note that you must be on BES to use it, not BIS.
    As a current blackberry (BES) user I tried to change to treo 680:
    - unbranded device
    - bb connect-sw from cingular (see more in this thread)
    result: perfect!
    Is anybody having battery drainage issues after installing BB connect? In my case it has dropped significantly.

Another question .....does BB Connect on Treo 680 work BIS (Blakcberry Internet Service)
    Anything using an "always on" format like BBC is going to drain the 680's already poor battery very quickly. In order to slim down the 680 (rediculously little) and pack the antenna internally, we received a lower capacity battery. Help is on the way, courtest of aftermarket developers, who will bring us higher capacity repalcement batteries. Right now you can get one with a new, hump-back battery cover, but it's a kludge. What's the point of getting a 680 if you're going to slap that thing on it? But we should start seeing higher capacity batteries that fit the original slot with no modifications any day now™.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevmanu View Post
    Another question .....does BB Connect on Treo 680 work BIS (Blakcberry Internet Service)
    No.

http://www.palm.com/us/software/blackberryconnect (see note #1)
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Note that you must be on BES to use it, not BIS.
    Tell me you're joking.

Please, man. That would so not be fair.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I am browsing from my phone so I have not read all of the posts in this thread. I apologize if my question has already been covered.

I might buy a Treo 680 again and I want to know if the BB Connect software will allow me to use it with BIS on the 680. I would be buying an unlocked version. Is there any way that I can know for sure that this will work and be reliable for me before I go and buy it? BB Connect is working very well on my current HTC TyTN and I really like this phone, especially the large keyboard, but that Treo was a cool little device too and it looks so darned good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    I might buy a Treo 680 again and I want to know if the BB Connect software will allow me to use it with BIS on the 680. I would be buying an unlocked version. Is there any way that I can know for sure that this will work and be reliable for me before I go and buy it? BB Connect is working very well on my current HTC TyTN and I really like this phone, especially the large keyboard, but that Treo was a cool little device too and it looks so darned good!

Unfortunately, BB Connect works only for BES and, apparently, is only for Cingular customers. See this, from Gregg in Post #86:

http://www.palm.com/us/software/blackberryconnect (see note #1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevmanu View Post
    Is anybody having battery drainage issues after installing BB connect? In my case it has dropped significantly.

Hi,

I actually noticed that my battery drain issue improve significantly after the BBC install. I had also confirmed with another member in the forum (Scroll back a few pages).
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345