Don't guess I'll be using BB on my 680
    I'm on a good corporate plan
    9.95 for unlimited voice
    29.95(I believe) for unlimited data
    4.95 unlimited txt
    BB connect is what another, 29/month?

I'll just keep using Opera and OWA

thanks
    I think the BB plan would actually replace your $29.95 unlimited data. I don't think you need Cingular support for the initial install/sync, since that goes through the BBC client through the corporate network. You'll need Cingular plan to receieve wireless push emails afterwards.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    You are correct, the BB connect does replace your internet plan, and it gives you unlimited internet. I decided to keep my 19.99 plan in case I decide in the future to get rid of the BB connect service. I asked this earlier with no reply so I will ask again.

When I provisioned my Treo 680, all my older calendar events were deleted, except for recurring events. Adding calendar events in the past on Outlook will not not push them to the Treo, but if I add them using the Treo the events will show up in outlook calendar. Someone told me this is normal so that it can save memory on the TREO device but I really miss having my old events in my calendar because I used them as reference to look up past meetings and events.
    Last edited by mmereos; 01/02/2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Edited for Clarity
    Has anyone tried using the BB connect with T-Mobile?
    What's the difference between BBC and Goodlink?
    Also, I'm assuming you can't use the BBC with the media max unlimited plan @ $19.99/mth.
    I was in a Cingular store tonight and I think the guy was wrong on the following

I want to get a Cing 680 with BB Connect. I travel to Europe often and must have access to my corp email via Blackberry Connect. I currently use a Blackbeery when I travel (I use a 700p with Sprint Personal Business Connect all the other time)

They guy behind the counter said the phone will work in Europe but I won't be able to use my data plan --- means I won't be able to get my email

He said only the Cing Blackberry devices will allow me to get my BB when travelling in the UK and europe

Can anybody confirm that they get their email on BB connect in the UK (using US Cing 680 or 650)

THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by mloomis00 View Post
    Has anyone tried using the BB connect with T-Mobile?
    I'm on TMO, works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier View Post
    I was in a Cingular store tonight and I think the guy was wrong on the following

I want to get a Cing 680 with BB Connect. I travel to Europe often and must have access to my corp email via Blackberry Connect. I currently use a Blackbeery when I travel (I use a 700p with Sprint Personal Business Connect all the other time)

They guy behind the counter said the phone will work in Europe but I won't be able to use my data plan --- means I won't be able to get my email

He said only the Cing Blackberry devices will allow me to get my BB when travelling in the UK and europe

Can anybody confirm that they get their email on BB connect in the UK (using US Cing 680 or 650)

THANKS

Well, as far as I know, it will work fine as long as the area you're in supports BB (IE the provider in the area), but you will be on a roaming plan. I know that usually if you're using a pre-paid card, you will not have any data services. This is the case in Asia, not sure about Europe. Let me know if you do find out tho.

Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    You are correct, the BB connect does replace your internet plan, and it gives you unlimited internet. I decided to keep my 19.99 plan in case I decide in the future to get rid of the BB connect service. I asked this earlier with no reply so I will ask again.

When I provisioned my Treo 680, all my older calendar events were deleted, except for recurring events. Adding calendar events in the past on Outlook will not not push them to the Treo, but if I add them using the Treo the events will show up in outlook calendar. Someone told me this is normal so that it can save memory on the TREO device but I really miss having my old events in my calendar because I used them as reference to look up past meetings and events.
    I just checked. It looks like the BBC doesn't push calender events older than a few month. However, I believe it's more of a corporate policy my company has setup than a blackberry function. It does wipe the calender when you first install it tho.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    I just checked. It looks like the BBC doesn't push calender events older than a few month. However, I believe it's more of a corporate policy my company has setup than a blackberry function. It does wipe the calender when you first install it tho.
    According to our IT guy, there is no setting on the Blackberry Server to change this. Thanks for checking for me. I wonder if there is a way to not SYNCH calendar events and just push email to me and then do a manual SYNCH for calendar events?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    I'm on TMO, works fine.
    Which Blackberry Connect for 680 did you use??
    The one from the Palm site says for Cingular 680.
    Is yours unbranded or Cingular unlocked??
    I just installed BB connect on my unbranded 680. The mail works great but it doesn't seem as if any new calendar events are coming through at all. Ideas? For the international questions I have T-Mobile BES including the international data plan. I'm leaving for the UK and Germany on Sunday so I'll post back the results. I've always used my BB 8700 there with no problems so I'm expecting the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by amexman View Post
    Which Blackberry Connect for 680 did you use??
    The one from the Palm site says for Cingular 680.
    Is yours unbranded or Cingular unlocked??
    Yes, I'm using the cingular BBC (That's the only one available), and am using unbranded.
    I just installed BB connect on my unbranded 680. The mail works great but it doesn't seem as if any new calendar events are coming through at all. Ideas? For the international questions I have T-Mobile BES including the international data plan. I'm leaving for the UK and Germany on Sunday so I'll post back the results. I've always used my BB 8700 there with no problems so I'm expecting the same.
    I had the opposite happen to me before. To fix it, I asked our messaging group to push the service books back down again.
    Thanks....it actually started working now. Was just kind of slow at first.
    So a question, I changed the battery in my 680 tonight and the service books disappeard on my 680. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to reinstall the BB connect on my 680 to get it working again. Just wondering if I'll have to do this after every hard reset. This might be a pain given the shortish battery life of the 680. However I'm going to try to see tomorrow if the BB connect is easier on the battery that synching every 15 minutes which is what I was doing prior.
    BTW there is a SN posted on the Cingular forums for all you T-Mobile people wanting to download the BB connect software.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    So a question, I changed the battery in my 680 tonight and the service books disappeard on my 680. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to reinstall the BB connect on my 680 to get it working again. Just wondering if I'll have to do this after every hard reset. This might be a pain given the shortish battery life of the 680. However I'm going to try to see tomorrow if the BB connect is easier on the battery that synching every 15 minutes which is what I was doing prior.
    I have noticed stuff disappearing during resets on my unbranded 680. here is how I worked around it when I change my battery.
    Go to the main page of the Treo 680. Turn off Radio and then push the red button and wait for the screen to turn off, then change the battery and everything should be fine. I noticed once I was in the SMS messaging section when I changed the battery and I lost all my SMS message logs. So I've been careful ever since to never be in an application when I change the battery.
    I'm soooo close - I will try and keep it brief:

Background:

- Was using old ATT Blackberry Device with ATT Sim Card

- Bought new Cing 680 with new Cing Sim Card

- Got the BB Data Plan enabled on 680

- Got IT guys to re-send service books

- Downloaded BB Palm client from Palm site

- Unzip and Install BB Client

- Get through first sync

- BB Client asked me if I want to change my device and create a new PIN - selected yes - seems to have made it through this OK

- I get to second sync - and it askes if I want to install calendar dates on device - yes

- I enter my Lotus Notes password

- I get almost all the way through --- after approx 180 dates --- and then it stops and says "Palm software failed to install properly. Click cancel to quit and try running the sntaller again"

There are calendar entries on my Treo 680 that all seems right --- there is no email ---

I have uninstalled and hard reset the device approx 3x

What the F --- please help --- I don't get it
    OK - after more failed installs tries Start+Programs+Palm+Set Up Blackberry Connect

It goes through an abbreviated install sequence and pushed down all my Lotus Noted calendar entries --- and announces "Congrats - Software successfukky installed

All calendat entries are on 680 - but no email - the BBC account is listed under VersaMail but I can't get email -- wont connect

I get error that says usename and password are no go (this is suppose to be set up automatically when installing BBC I think)

So bottom line
    - It connects to server and pushing down all calendar items
    - Tells me i installed correctly
    - BUT - no email
    - Calendar does not continue to work --- no push in either direction

Any ideas?

Thanks
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast