Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Is it truly only compatable with cingular (as the requirements suggest?)
    Quote Originally Posted by RotorGeek View Post
    What software version and firmware are you guys running. The ones that are working. I have

Software
    Treo680-1.00/4099-rc

Firmware
    MW01.50
    I have:
    Firmware MW01.50
    Software TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Quote Originally Posted by cvt View Post
    can someone confirm that BB Connect does work with unbranded phones? I have been holding off from buying a 680 b/c it doesnt have bb connect working...

also, with bb connect on, can you simultaneously browse the web? Does the 680 support concurrent connections? I am a bit unclear if that is possible.

many thanks
    Both my wife and I have unbranded 680s (Red and White). Both of us are using BBC with Lotus Notes without problems.

No, it's like the 650, it uses the blackberry.net profile. Blazer will automagically switch to the internet profile when it's online. This is kind of annoying.

Happy Holidays!
    BTW, those of you with BBC working, have you noticed that the battery drain is greatly improved?
  5.    #45  
    Noticed the battery drain improvement as well!
    Thought it would be just the opposite. Strange.
    Using Lotus Notes as well. (also from MA and a BMW freak...)
    Coincidence?

Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by BekNazar View Post
    Noticed the battery drain improvement as well!
    Thought it would be just the opposite. Strange.
    Using Lotus Notes as well. (also from MA and a BMW freak...)
    Coincidence?

Todd
    Wow, small world. It be funny if we're from the same company too (tho I know we're not. I'm the only one w/ a 680).

Happy Holidays!
    So, I have a Cingular branded Treo and the website still wont let me download. Simply ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I finally got it working with Exchange/Outlook but it did not push any of my Calendar events that are older then today unless they were recurring events. Is there a way to get older events in the calendar on the Treo, or is this the way Blackberry connect works with Treo. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by mmereos; 12/31/2006 at 07:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    Both my wife and I have unbranded 680s (Red and White). Both of us are using BBC with Lotus Notes without problems.

No, it's like the 650, it uses the blackberry.net profile. Blazer will automagically switch to the internet profile when it's online. This is kind of annoying.

Happy Holidays!
    Is Lotus Notes you are using corporate e-mail?
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I get the serial# issue too - whats the fix?
    whats the advantage to this over chatter?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    can someone that is using an unlocked and unbranded 680 describe how they got the BBC program and how they got it to work? I tried to download it was not able to.
    Hi has anybody been able to download the BBC for treo 680. I am using a unlocked version and it keeps on asking me for a valid serial number. Would appreciate if anybody could point me to a link to download it without entering a serial number.

thanks
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I went to the cingular forum and someone posted a generic serial number you can use to download the software
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I went to the cingular forum and someone posted a generic serial number you can use to download the software
    Can you post a link?
    Yes, I'm using notes from corporate.
    Was able to download ok (C680)
    Go through the software install but keep getting an error message that says
    "The account is not provisioned properly on the server. Please contact the system administrator."

My IT gut says he created me an account on the BB server. I'm VPN'd into the network when I do the initial install/synchs. But can not get the pin number generated.

hopefully the server side does not involve to much effort-IT guy was *****in about I don't have time to learn about all the different phones I told you to just get a standard blackberry.

Thoughts??????
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Was able to download ok (C680)
    Go through the software install but keep getting an error message that says
    "The account is not provisioned properly on the server. Please contact the system administrator."

My IT gut says he created me an account on the BB server. I'm VPN'd into the network when I do the initial install/synchs. But can not get the pin number generated.

hopefully the server side does not involve to much effort-IT guy was *****in about I don't have time to learn about all the different phones I told you to just get a standard blackberry.

Thoughts??????
    You need to pay for the Cingular Blackberry service. Your IT guy cannot control that. Once Cingular turns it on, the information is sent to RIMM, which then will allow you to connect to your Mail Servers through the Blackberry server.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    You need to pay for the Cingular Blackberry service. Your IT guy cannot control that. Once Cingular turns it on, the information is sent to RIMM, which then will allow you to connect to your Mail Servers through the Blackberry server.
    Ahhh, that explains that.
    Don't guess I'll be using BB on my 680
    I'm on a good corporate plan
    9.95 for unlimited voice
    29.95(I believe) for unlimited data
    4.95 unlimited txt
    BB connect is what another, 29/month?

I'll just keep using Opera and OWA

thanks
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    No BIS, only BES, so a lot of us are left out in the cold for now. I wonder how long it will be before TMO makes it available? Hahahaa. I'm screwed.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast