Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atg View Post
    They're not going to give it to you man. This whole thread is ego enlargement for the posters. They have it, you don't. It makes them feel special to keep it amongst themselves

Wait a few days/weeks until it is officially released.
    um, it's available straight from the palm site here...
    Here is the million $ question. If you have a sim with BB plan and you use other data apps on the phone will you be charged extra?

I know with tmobile you cannot add the internet plan on top of the Blackberry plan and using tzones as the network on the treo sucks. I find it is slower and sometimes ports are blocked.
    actually, you can have the internet plan + bb plan on tmo. i'm on tmo and have both on my account. the trick is to use the online system. drop your internet and add bb. once bb is added, you can go back and add internet.

if u are grandfathered to the 20$ internet plan, then you'll have to call customer retension to do this. they can keep your plan to 20$.

goodluck
    has anyone that has an unlocked/unbranded 680 been able to use bb connect. it said that i have an invalid serial number. called palm and they said that i can not use it because i have an unlocked/unbranded phone. they said that you have to have a cingular branded phone to access.
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    actually, you can have the internet plan + bb plan on tmo. i'm on tmo and have both on my account. the trick is to use the online system. drop your internet and add bb. once bb is added, you can go back and add internet.

if u are grandfathered to the 20$ internet plan, then you'll have to call customer retension to do this. they can keep your plan to 20$.

goodluck
    What if you already have the BB plan can you add internet. i dont see it.
    Does not work on unlocked model. I installed it and everything looked fine but when I went to the mail the BBC account is not there.
    Yes, if u already have a bb plan, you can add internet. what you have to do is change your default phone to a treo 600.

I have a unbranded phone, bbc is working just fine. getting all the mails.

maybe you need to push your books down again?
    It is strange the bbc account shows up but it looks like my yahoo and aol account. It just has the options New,get, and sort. I resent the service books but it does not show up. I have tried reinstalling it.
    hmmm... not sure, it just worked for me. 1 reset is all it took too.

i'l try to reinstall it when I get home again.
    The Palm site says it doesn't work with BIS. Anyone want to guess when it will?
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    So I did a fomat, then reinstalled BBC again on my unbranded GSM, worked w/o issues.

Sorry couldn't offer anymore advise.
    I also have an unloacked and unbranded phone and my BES server says "Illegal Device PIN" I cannot figure this out. I have tried everything. It might be time to call BB Support.
  13.    #33  
    Which version of BES are you using?
    I'm using 4.1 for Lotus Domino. Installed and running without a problem on my unlocked copper 680. Palm's site states:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4 Service Pack 4 or BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 or above
    Quote Originally Posted by BekNazar View Post
    Which version of BES are you using?
    I'm using 4.1 for Lotus Domino. Installed and running without a problem on my unlocked copper 680. Palm's site states:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4 Service Pack 4 or BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 or above

i am useing Enterprise Server 4.1 with all the updates
    What software version and firmware are you guys running. The ones that are working. I have

Software
    Treo680-1.00/4099-rc

Firmware
    MW01.50
    Blackberry support says my 680 software is not compatible with the BBC 2.1.1.20 software.
  17.    #37  
    Software
    Treo680-1.04-ROW

Firmware
    MW01.50
  18. cvt
    can someone confirm that BB Connect does work with unbranded phones? I have been holding off from buying a 680 b/c it doesnt have bb connect working...

also, with bb connect on, can you simultaneously browse the web? Does the 680 support concurrent connections? I am a bit unclear if that is possible.

many thanks
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    where are you guys downloading BBC from ?????
    And why is it that some of us with Unlocked/Unbranded 680s get "invalid serial number" responses on the Palm download page and others do not? Can someone who has managed to download the file host it somewhere for those of us who, for some reason or another, have invalid S/Ns?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast