1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have just apgraded from treo 600 to Treo 680.

All went fine except that I lost my SMS during the upgrade.

I still have all the files in the backup directory, but for some reason the Treo 680 is not recognizing the SMSs.

I notice that the format of keeping the SMS has maybe changed and there is perhaps a need for a tool to transform from old to new:

Treo 600 backup included a file calles SMS_Msg_Database.PDB and dozens of files called SMS_1354XXXEFEFXSXSXSXSX.PDB

Whil Treo 680 has just one file calld Messages_Database.PDB

How to move from one to the other?

Thank you all.

Merci-bien
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    it can't.. and never will..
    unless someone finally made software to export treo 600 msg database into the 650 one..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    it can't.. and never will..
    unless someone finally made software to export treo 600 msg database into the 650 one..

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Are you sure Wynet ?

this is documented nowhere ! any link to any official info before I commit suicide?

Thanks,

Merci-bien
    There is no update path for older SMS databases. Best save the old chat threadsw from the 600 someplace for posterity.
    Yep, discovered this myself on an upgrade from 600 to 680. Why Palm didn't provide a migration path, or even a warning or an official FAQ is a mystery. It's a pretty slapdash effort in this regard.
    Last edited by blarney; 12/22/2006 at 03:54 AM. Reason: upgraded from 600 to 680, not 650
    Merci:

If you have a copy of your old backup directory on palm desktop, you get get a copy of Treodesktop and browse all your old SMS messages. That's what I do right now, and I can see my SMS messages going back to 2003!

http://www.treodesktop.com/

If you register, you can export them.

Hope this helps!

Du Rien!

--Lefty
  7.    #7  
    hi lefty216

Thanks a lot for your link.

it is indeed a very good tool, and it works.

Too bad cannot do something like "save as" and transform the files into the treo 680 format.

Thanks again !!!

merci-bien
    Quote Originally Posted by Merci-bien View Post
    hi lefty216
    it is indeed a very good tool, and it works.
    Too bad cannot do something like "save as" and transform the files into the treo 680 format.
    Hem... I listen your requests...
    Now, with the latest version, you can do it!

Bruno Naglieri - Rome (Italy)
    Treodesktop developer