Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    A-DATA buyers...any input yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    A-DATA buyers...any input yet?
    Mine arrives Thurs, I'll be home Friday, will report back by Saturday...hopefully
    I bought an A-DATA as well. My last A-DATA worked well so I'm confident that this one will too. Can't go wrong at $31 shipped for an 8GB card!
    Got my A-Data yesterday. Seems to be working good, however, it is slower when writing to it, than my 4gb Ridata. In an informal test, it took about twice the time as the 4gb card. I did format it with 32k. I think it will be okay for the Treo, though.
    so does anyone have both the adata & tanscend & can tell which one is faster
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    this real strange for me my 4gb transcend in the palm and with hotsync is slow but if i use card reader, i write to my card in the palm real fast and delete folders fast, why is it different, i'm using the same card the same palm but with different method?
    I received my A-Data a few days ago and just formatted it last night using an ebay SDHC card reader. So far no problems at all, it seems to be the about same speed as my previous 150x 4GB Ritek card.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    if its your scrolling probs is with 'media' its because its creating the thumbnails which is writing to your card. I use Resco Photo viewer much much more faster.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    Is anyone having trble when the sdhc card not being recognized after u backup to it

i used nvbackup and as soon as i backup i loose the card, have to remove and insert back in a few times to get it back, also happens when i do a manual backup with resco explorer

using patriot 8gb class 4 card
    Just got my Transcend 8gb from newegg. No problem with either manual or automatic backups using Rescobackup version 1.40.7.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Just got my Transcend 8gb from newegg. No problem with either manual or automatic backups using Rescobackup version 1.40.7.
    i have same version of resco backup and its funny on the scheduled backups i do not loose card, prog being that the phone resets after that backup

just thought about that.....

being that i loose when i manually backup it prob will happen on automatic backups if it didnt reset itself

anyone alse have patriot 8gb card?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i have same version of resco backup and its funny on the scheduled backups i do not loose card, prog being that the phone resets after that backup

just thought about that.....

being that i loose when i manually backup it prob will happen on automatic backups if it didnt reset itself

anyone alse have patriot 8gb card?
    Good point. To clarify- for the auto backups, I have Resco set to clear dbcache, but not set to do a reset.
    Hmmm...the A-Data 8gb card is now $4 less than it was a couple of days ago in newegg! Damn, this is so tempting!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Hmmm...the A-Data 8gb card is now $4 less than it was a couple of days ago in newegg! Damn, this is so tempting!
    Okay here's my story and I really need some help from someone. A-Data 8gb arrived yesterday, formatted according to these instructions that were posted for fomatting a 4gb sd card, format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K.

Now I'm syncing about 3.5gb of Music to my treo 700p via Pocket Tunes, 2 problems;

1. Pocket Tunes is only seeing 3.7gb, will it keep going or shut done once I go past that 3.7 #

2. It seems unreasonably SLOWWWWWWWWW!

Can anyone shed some light please. If I cannot change these things might s well go back to a 4gb
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Instead of synching files to your Treo, copy them to the card using a program like Card Reader. That way, in Explorer or Directory Opus or whatever file management utility you use, you can right-click on your 'drive' to see what capacity it is being seen as.

Rule-of-thumb: never sync large files or a lot of data over. Copy it over.

Hope this helps some,

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow View Post
    Okay here's my story and I really need some help from someone. A-Data 8gb arrived yesterday, formatted according to these instructions that were posted for fomatting a 4gb sd card, format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K.

Now I'm syncing about 3.5gb of Music to my treo 700p via Pocket Tunes, 2 problems;

1. Pocket Tunes is only seeing 3.7gb, will it keep going or shut done once I go past that 3.7 #

2. It seems unreasonably SLOWWWWWWWWW!

Can anyone shed some light please. If I cannot change these things might s well go back to a 4gb

Hi.

What do you mean ptunes only sees 3.7gb? I don't see anything in ptunes that gives card capacity?

Make sure you truly are formated at 32k. I think chkdsk e: should report what the formatting is.

I have the transcend and tried formatting it using the internal card reader on my Panasonic Toughbook. I had installed the MS patch mentioned earlier in this thread. Could not get formatting to work, so I ended up using this program: http://www.sdcard.org/Downloads.aspx

Still- this the new 8gh sdhc transcend seems much slower than my old 150x 4gb transcend.

btw- When I formatted it using the cardinfo utility in my 700p, it was formatted 4k and terribly slow. Resco backup was taking 20 mins to complete.
    wait what is this "sdcard.org" program? is this new?? will this get my laptop to recognize my 8gb sdhc card??

Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Hi.

What do you mean ptunes only sees 3.7gb? I don't see anything in ptunes that gives card capacity?

Make sure you truly are formated at 32k. I think chkdsk e: should report what the formatting is.

I have the transcend and tried formatting it using the internal card reader on my Panasonic Toughbook. I had installed the MS patch mentioned earlier in this thread. Could not get formatting to work, so I ended up using this program: http://www.sdcard.org/Downloads.aspx

Still- this the new 8gh sdhc transcend seems much slower than my old 150x 4gb transcend.

btw- When I formatted it using the cardinfo utility in my 700p, it was formatted 4k and terribly slow. Resco backup was taking 20 mins to complete.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    wait what is this "sdcard.org" program? is this new?? will this get my laptop to recognize my 8gb sdhc card??
    I don't think so. The program is only for formatting. I used the XP patch mentioned earlier in this thread to get my laptop to recognize the the sdhc card.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I got 2 Adata 8GB cards from NewEgg and they work completely different. The first one works fast with the computer and the second works fast with the Treo any other time they are slow. As far as I can see they are both formatted the same.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Is anyone 'happy' with the speed of the 8GB card? I'd like to think this is at least a possibility before I go out and buy one.

It's funny...'you live within your means'...I have already grown out of my 4GB card.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Remember that SDHC card speed is measured by their class. 2, 4 and 6. 2 is the slowest. If you want something faster, check out this 8GB Class 4 card for $59. http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...&Action=Detail

It\'s actually $49 after rebate and $10 GoogleCheckout discount.