Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I am not sure if it is the transcend 8gb card but I have this weird behavior now in my camera app. Whenever I go to the app it the default place where the photos will be stored is on a "Palm" folder directly to SD. problem is I never created that folder & whenever I delete it, as soon as I get back to the camera app, it is there again. I do not want to have photos to the "palm" folder on sd card by default! Help!
    Check your Media program, I have notice that the last folder that I leave it on is where the photos go when i use the camera. Maybe your Media program is a bit confused, put it where you want it and go to the camera and take a picture and see where he puts it. May help.
    I tried that & it still always defaults to the "palm" folder on sd. annoying as hell. not to mention when I take a photo on the sd card, it is slow & when I delete a photo off the sd it takes around 10 seconds!! I may have to reformat on the computer as I heard this will speed it up..
    ok so i've installed the SlotDriver%3A SDIO-sdsd to my Treo 700P. but i only see 3.5 GB in Card Info. When I use Card Reader, I see about 7.5 GB. My question is, in Card Reader or any app that sees my SD(HC) card should it say about 8 or is 3.5 GB what it will say?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Actually, the A-Data 8gb SDHC is now only $40.99 after $15 rebate plus $4.99 shipping at newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...AFC-C8Junction

Rebate form here: http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFil...eb2007cx16.pdf

Very tempting...I just need some confirmation on reliability of the A-DATA w/ the 700p...especially when the card is full.
    Hmmm...the newegg deal is getting sweeter and sweeter. Paypal has a promo that starts today...if you purchase anything over $30, you get $15 back...so the A-Data 8gb will now be $25.99 after $15 A-Data rebate and $15 Paypal rebate plus $4.99 shipping and tax if applicable if you choose to pay using paypal in newegg.

Here's the info on the paypal rebate: https://paypal.promotionexpert.com/g...tml?route=misc
    it is a problem with the treo itself. it will only read up to 4gb. don't worry you can store 8gb worth of stuff though...

Quote Originally Posted by gameplace123 View Post
    ok so i've installed the SlotDriver%3A SDIO-sdsd to my Treo 700P. but i only see 3.5 GB in Card Info. When I use Card Reader, I see about 7.5 GB. My question is, in Card Reader or any app that sees my SD(HC) card should it say about 8 or is 3.5 GB what it will say?
    My only worry is finding a place to stash a spare "standard" SD card for recovery of the driver from the inevitable spontaneous hard reset.

Maybe some generous soul could host the SDHC driver in .prc format somewhere easy to google - as then we could just pull it down to the device, reset and then the card would be usable again.

The first firmware update can't come fast enough for me...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    My only worry is finding a place to stash a spare "standard" SD card for recovery of the driver from the inevitable spontaneous hard reset.

Maybe some generous soul could host the SDHC driver in .prc format somewhere easy to google - as then we could just pull it down to the device, reset and then the card would be usable again.

Is this what your asking?

http://www.mobihand.com/palm247/product.asp?id=10523
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Hmmm...the newegg deal is getting sweeter and sweeter. Paypal has a promo that starts today...if you purchase anything over $30, you get $15 back...so the A-Data 8gb will now be $25.99 after $15 A-Data rebate and $15 Paypal rebate plus $4.99 shipping and tax if applicable if you choose to pay using paypal in newegg.

Here's the info on the paypal rebate: https://paypal.promotionexpert.com/g...tml?route=misc
    newegg is not one of the participating stores.
    Is anyone having trble when the sdhc card not being recognized after u backup to it

i used nvbackup and as soon as i backup i loose the card, have to remove and insert back in a few times to get it back, also happens when i do a manual backup with resco explorer

using patriot 8gb class 4 card
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post

Forgive me if I'm being naive, but couldn't you just archive a copy of the .prc in your e-mail download it from there in an emergency? That would be easier than having to search for a hosted copy...
    This should make it easier for you guys if you run into an emergency and need the slot driver...

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1144.html
    Question for all of you using an 8gb sd card and expierencing SLOW xfer rates,
    did you format the card according to these instructions;

format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K

Had a 4gb card that was SLOW and once I reformatted the xfer rate was excellent and now I have a 8gb enroute and need to be prepared
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    newegg is not one of the participating stores.
    Doesn't newegg accept paypal payments? Therefore, if you purchase anything over $30 and pay via paypal, you get $15 back. No?
    Doesn't newegg accept paypal payments? Therefore, if you purchase anything over $30 and pay via paypal, you get $15 back. No?

You are correct, I just purchased te A-Data 8gb from Newegg, with 2 discounts(PayPal and Rebate) in comes to $25.99 + shipping $4.99!!!!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I was looking at something else I think? I did buy a second card and we'll see if I get the Paypal discount.
    I wonder if the Adata is any faster. the trtanscend is way too slowwww. when I delete any file it takes at least 10 seconds!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I wonder if the Adata is any faster. the trtanscend is way too slowwww. when I delete any file it takes at least 10 seconds!
    According to the specs, the A-Data is also Class 2 like the Transcend. When you guys get your A-Data, please post your experience! Temptations, temptations. This is something I want...but not need.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Something is not right. I have a card 4gb transcend, if i delete a file on the Palm it is slow but if i use card reader and delete the same file through the PC its fast, why is there speed difference? Maybe the app that does the deleting in Palm is not well made? is it Fat32 the app? Can anyone help?
    It takes forever to scroll through my SD card based photos on my Transcend 4GB 150x on my 700p as compared to my Sandisk Ultra II 1GB. Is this something that others have noticed, the long scroll time?
    Sorry. Misposted!