Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    my transcend 8gb card is almost completely full and seems to work great.it works perfectly when playing music and videos thru tcpmp and kinoma.ptunes sometimes skips and sometimes its fine.i am happy with this setup.my only concern is that I can't backup to the 8gb card and/or rely on it for restores because if you have a hard rest happen then it will lose the sdio driver.for this reason I carry my 8gb card seperately and only use it when I want to listen or watch something and I keep my 4gb(non sdio)card in the treo as my primary backup card
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andylivingston View Post
    my transcend 8gb card is almost completely full and seems to work great.it works perfectly when playing music and videos thru tcpmp and kinoma.ptunes sometimes skips and sometimes its fine.i am happy with this setup.my only concern is that I can't backup to the 8gb card and/or rely on it for restores because if you have a hard rest happen then it will lose the sdio driver.for this reason I carry my 8gb card seperately and only use it when I want to listen or watch something and I keep my 4gb(non sdio)card in the treo as my primary backup card

I carry my 1GB Sandisk SD card in a tiny pouch not much bigger than the actual card. This is attached to my key ring so it's always with me. This 1GB SD card is what I use for the Backup Man 2.1 program and the SDIO driver is also stored on this card. I just pop this card in my 700p when I want to do a backup or the two times I performed a hard reset and had to do a restore. That way, my 8GB Transcend card the rest of the time is in my 700p. This works well for me.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    I wonder if Palm would even consider including the SDIO driver in the 700p rom update. Call me a fool but I still need to keep hope alive that this update will come one day.
    Sprint Treo 700p
    Transcend 150x 4GB SD card
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andylivingston View Post
    I read somwhere on these threads that one person put the slot driver file on their personal webspace. That way if they hard reset, they could browse to the link using Blazer and download the file. Then they could access the card again and do the restore.

I haven't tried this but he reported it worked OK for him.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    i user resco backup and usally after each automatic backup it looses sync with the card.... grrrr

i have to reset or take card in and out a few times

i also have the program disk keeper on the treo....

8gb patriot sdhc card
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I read somwhere on these threads that one person put the slot driver file on their personal webspace. That way if they hard reset, they could browse to the link using Blazer and download the file. Then they could access the card again and do the restore.

I haven't tried this but he reported it worked OK for him.
    I was the person who put the slot driver on my web site. If anyojne needs it after a hard reset feel free to use blazer to download the file. just enter the URL below and you will be asked where to download the file. Choose internal memory.

http://www.bridgescore.com/treo/SDIO-sdsd.prc

The path is case sensative.
  7.    #127  
    Ergh...that's not the right filename. Not sure if it'll still work.

Straight from the 680, the filename is:
    SlotDriver%3A SDIO-sdsd.prc
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeScore View Post
    I was the person who put the slot driver on my web site. If anyone needs it after a hard reset feel free to use blazer to download the file. just enter the URL below and you will be asked where to download the file. Choose internal memory.

http://www.bridgescore.com/treo/SDIO-sdsd.prc

The path is case sensitive.
    I have tested the above link and it works just fine.
    =============================
    A Note to +Kardboard+
    The string SlotDriver%3A SDIO-sdsd.prc translates to
    SlotDriver: SDIO-sdsd.prc

The %3A is a substitute for the Hexadecimal character ":"
    ============================
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    What happens if you save the file on the SD card and copy it to the phone? I guess you'd have to carry a non-SDHC card to put it on though.
    anyone having a problem with resco backup and sdhc cards, everytime i back up to the sdhc card, it backs up but when complete the card is no longer recognized, i have to reset, any ideas...?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I recently bought a 4gb transcend card, i first formated it with the palm (yes i have fat32) and i notice the card was real slow (vfsmark tests), then i decided (i had heard that you shoulded format in windows) to format with my windows xp (with fat32) and i have notice much improvement (except in the write department). Anyone know anything about this? I even have pxa clocker at 507mhz (treo 650) to see if i could improve the speed, didn't do nothing for the card. Anyone know ways to improve the card speed?

I also have the slot files installed but i think its only used if i had 8gb card, right?
    O.k. so...after 2 days of searching I found this thread on the sdhc-treo700p issue. Here's my deal
    I have a sandisk 4gb sdhc. I dowloaded the slot driver to my phone via e-mailing it to my phone. Phone said "already installed would you like to overwrite" of course I said yes. So, installed 680 driver, soft reset, still not seeing the card. My CPU says its file version FAT 32, so....do I need to reformat it? how would I go about doing that? It came with a mini reader so i'm just plugging it into my computer and dropping files into it.

I got the Transcend 8GB Class 2 card from newegg for $73 plus shipping. I uploaded the slot driver to my geocities site. I backed up my 700p to my PC and did a hard reset just to test what would happen in case of a total failure. Using FileProg, I did notice that there was already a SlotDriver: SDIO-sdsd.prc file in my ROM, but that must be the 700p version.

I was able to copy the SlotDriver from geocities and my 700p recognized the card. I formatted it in the Treo and backed up my Treo to the card using NVBackup. I then did another hard reset, loaded the SlotDriver from geocities, and restored my 700p from the SDHC card. sniff sniff, it's a beautiful thing.

Thanks to those who figured this out.
    Last edited by chux; 02/02/2007 at 08:23 AM.
    also you could just send yourself an email with the file attached. You can then log in through webmail to download it. gmail is easiest because it has a mobile version...
    transcend 8gb sdhc - $63.99

a-data 8gb sdhc - $66.99

3 day shipping - $4.99

(sales tax in ca, nj, tn)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
    sweet!!
    my card seems to be very slow as well. I am moving & copying photos on the sd card & it seems to take a long time. can anyone else confirm?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    my transcend 4gb is slow when it writes but for reading its not bad. I think I got better reading values when i decided to format the card on my my windows xp. I think formating the card with palms card program makes it slower. I tested both formats with VFSMARK and i got better values with the XP format. Anyone confirms this?
    I am not sure if it is the transcend 8gb card but I have this weird behavior now in my camera app. Whenever I go to the app it the default place where the photos will be stored is on a "Palm" folder directly to SD. problem is I never created that folder & whenever I delete it, as soon as I get back to the camera app, it is there again. I do not want to have photos to the "palm" folder on sd card by default! Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    transcend 8gb sdhc - $63.99

a-data 8gb sdhc - $66.99

3 day shipping - $4.99

(sales tax in ca, nj, tn)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Actually, the A-Data 8gb SDHC is now only $40.99 after $15 rebate plus $4.99 shipping at newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...AFC-C8Junction

Rebate form here: http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFil...eb2007cx16.pdf

Very tempting...I just need some confirmation on reliability of the A-DATA w/ the 700p...especially when the card is full.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast