Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I think that I did not realize that you were talking about the Microsoft Hotfix. There are four files involved.

File name File version File size Date Time Platform SP requirement
    Sdbus.sys 6.0.4069.5 78,720 19-Dec-2006 16:16 x86 SP2
    Sffdisk.sys 6.0.4069.5 11,904 19-Dec-2006 16:12 x86 SP2
    Sffp_mmc.sys 5.1.2600.3051 10,240 19-Dec-2006 16:12 x86 SP2
    Sffp_sd.sys 6.0.4069.5 11,008 19-Dec-2006 16:12 x86 SP2

I have not found where to download these files directly from Microsoft. I don not feel comfortable getting the files from somewhere else.

Does anyone have the download information on where to get these files or the hotfix from the source(Microsoft)?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    This is working awesome on my 700p. With the Transcend 8GB card placed in the SDHC reader connected to my laptop it shows the full volume. On the Treo, tapping on the little memory number display shows both 3613.5M volumes.

I downloaded the slot driver directly to my laptop and used a standard card reader to put the file on the SD card. Then used FileZ to move it to internal memory. I was going to stop but then the UPS man delivered my SDHC card reader and SDHC card...nice timing. So then I popped in the Transcend 8GB card and installed all the music and videos that were on my 2GB card. I got so much room left for many more mp3's. So cool !
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...ail,EWB010807A

the price went down even lower now, rebate still good till end of month

this one is class 4

i ordered this one and working great on my treo 700p
    i remember reading that u can use card export II and card reader on the treo to read the SDHC cards, card reader works great but the softkick card export II gives me an error:
    cannot send USB desciptor host failure ....?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...ail,EWB010807A

the price went down even lower now, rebate still good till end of month

this one is class 4

i ordered this one and working great on my treo 700p
    I have Pocket Tunes Deluxe v. 3.1.6 and it skips like hell after about 3O seconds. It also freezes while trying to read all the files.

When you say yours works great, have you used PT with the a lot of files, if so, how many and what version of Pocket tunes?
    Has anyone tried this? A-DATA 8gb SDHC from newegg for $70. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211148
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    I have Pocket Tunes Deluxe v. 3.1.6 and it skips like hell after about 3O seconds. It also freezes while trying to read all the files.

When you say yours works great, have you used PT with the a lot of files, if so, how many and what version of Pocket tunes?
    sorry i havent tested ptunes as of yet.. i am running the newest version 4.01

soon as i get around to loading songs i will try it out for ya and let u know, u might just need a newer version
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Has anyone tried this? A-DATA 8gb SDHC from newegg for $70. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211148
    I havent tried it, but I'd be wary of the speed of the card, manufacturer's webpage says it is Class 2, which has half as fast as the Patriot Class 4 I am having trouble with using pocket tunes. I believe the Class 4 speed is not sufficient for lots of MP3s. So Class 2, logically, would be worse.

http://www.adata.com.tw/adata_en/pro...ctNo=ASDHZZZBU
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    8 GB Card runs TOO DAMN SLOW! Also, I'm not convinced that it was really worth it to me. The card will read and record on 8GB, but the Treo 700p 'really doesn't like it.' Many threads have commented that it will read 4GB, and then read ANOTHER 4GB after the first 4 is filled. THAT IS RIGHT. My card always read just 4 GB....but I did test it and filled OVER 4GB....then it reverts to tell you that you have 4GB left.

But, as I said, the card ran too slow for me.

4 GB runs great and is more than enough for me....

Just my 2 cents worth...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    8 GB Card runs TOO DAMN SLOW! Also, I'm not convinced that it was really worth it to me. The card will read and record on 8GB, but the Treo 700p 'really doesn't like it.' Many threads have commented that it will read 4GB, and then read ANOTHER 4GB after the first 4 is filled. THAT IS RIGHT. My card always read just 4 GB....but I did test it and filled OVER 4GB....then it reverts to tell you that you have 4GB left.

But, as I said, the card ran too slow for me.

4 GB runs great and is more than enough for me....

Just my 2 cents worth...

Yes, the 8GB card shows as two amounts of 3613.5mb and as you use fill the first half, it then does show the second half being filled. Not an issue with that. As far as the skipping on pTunes and mp3's goes, I thought maybe it was the card also. But, I then popped in my regular Sandisk 2GB card that has the same music installed as the 8GB Transend, and the skipping that did not occur on 650 sometimes happens on my 700p. I use pTunes Deluxe 3.1.8 on both my 650 and 700p. So, this makes me believe it's not the 8GB card but more of an issue with pTunes and mp3 playback on the 700p. But some users are reporting no playback issues with their 700p's, so who knows. Just my thoughts.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I also have installed a concert, a movie transferred from a DVD, as well as various music videos and short video clips, all played on my 700p using TCPMP, and there doesn't seem to be any playback issues with the Transcend 8GB card. So, either a newer version of pTunes is the fix or the long overdue update from Palm will fix the pTunes skipping.

Just a note, pTunes 4.01 I guess is the newest version ? I installed it yesterday on my 700p and with SAG 1.08 enabled A2DP worked but AVRC didn't work. It also froze my 700p when A2DP was enabled. So back to pTunes 3.1.8 I went and now everything works again with only the minor skipping in pTunes.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I havent tried it, but I'd be wary of the speed of the card, manufacturer's webpage says it is Class 2, which has half as fast as the Patriot Class 4 I am having trouble with using pocket tunes. I believe the Class 4 speed is not sufficient for lots of MP3s. So Class 2, logically, would be worse.
    Just a side note here. The class 2 cards are suppose to run at a minimum of 2MB/s (Mega Bytes). A high quality MP3 is ~384Kb/s, or only 0.048 MB/s. So in theory the class two cards are roughly 50 times faster than the data rate needed to play the MP3. I'm not sure how the Treo handles the data, but the card should be plenty fast enough. So you may have had a bad card.

Add me to the list of Adata 8GB card users. I downloaded a copy of "filez" and used the palm tools to install in on my Treo. I then copied the SDIO.... file to a normal 256MB SD card. I did this using my wife's TX and the Palm quick install tools (told it to copy the file to the external memory card). During the hotsync operation the TX seemed to get hung up. I canceled the operation which took several minutes to cancel. When I checked the SD card the SDIO... file was there.

So I moved the card to my Treo, and used filez to copy it to the "internal" folder on the Treo device. I did a soft reset, and when it cam back up it saw the small SD card OK. I then stuck the 8GB SDHC Adata card in and it was seen as well. SO I think its working well. I get the same crazy problems with the Treo claiming I only have 3.5GB of space. Filez gives some crazy large number as the free space (-505 MB??)

So far I've only copied over a dozen or so MP3's, a bunch of apps from the Treo, and all the pictures I had taken with it (currently I have 55MB free on my Treo!!!). I played through my list of 12+ songs and Ptunes worked OK. Perhaps Ptunes or the Treo have problems when the file list gets very large? Even though I don't need the space yet I can't wait for the 32GB cards!!!!

JM
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    anyone else have any luck with this?

i installed the driver and still cannot read sdhc card on my built in card reader

I didn't have any luck with this driver either.
    I just want to report my personal experience. I use the AData 8GB class 2 card. I got for $80 including tax and shipping from Newegg. It works perfectly fine on my Treo 700p. There is no speed difference between this and my old AData 4GB card. Ptunes 4.0 refuses to work but TCPMP plays MP3's and other music files just fine with this card. I reverted to Pocket Tunes 3.XXX and that works perfectly fine with this card. I have emailed to see if they have a clue why it won't work.
    Thanks for the heads up xchpstang! Have you tried filling up the entire 8gb to see what happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    I just want to report my personal experience. I use the AData 8GB class 2 card. I got for $80 including tax and shipping from Newegg. It works perfectly fine on my Treo 700p. There is no speed difference between this and my old AData 4GB card. Ptunes 4.0 refuses to work but TCPMP plays MP3's and other music files just fine with this card. I reverted to Pocket Tunes 3.XXX and that works perfectly fine with this card. I have emailed to see if they have a clue why it won't work.
    Any idea of the speed difference if you use TomTom with maps from this card, instead of the smaller (1gb) card they give you?
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    TCPMP works, but old version of PT causes skipping with this card; I cannot get Pocket Tunes v. 3.1.6 to play MP3s from my Patriot 8gb SDHC card, class 4, without massive skipping after about 30 secs, as I reported previously in this thread.

BUT, TCPMP v. .72RC1 plays them flawlessly from the card! Therefore, it is POCKET TUNES that is causing the problem. I can also listen with my bluetooth headphones via SAG with no issues with TCPMP. I am not going to bother with PT upgrade

I was considering returning the card before reading xchpstang's post. thanks!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I agree also. It's not the SD card, not the SDHC card, it's not any card. Class 2, class 4, it doesn't seem to matter. It's the combination of pTunes and the 700p. Pocket Tunes 4.01 would not work on my 700p. It caused freezes and resets, but only after it skipped repeatedly, even after reinstalling 4.01. So back to pTunes 3.1.8 where it plays mp3's with some minor skipping. Tolerable, but still not the way it should be. Pocket Tunes 3.1.8 played perfectly on my 650.

So, the test is when streaming shoutcast music. The same skipping occurs whether A2DP is enabled in SAG 1.08 or if the music is playing through the back speaker. The same results are the same also with the regular Sandisk 2GB card. And I will reiterate, the skipping with my 700p is very minor. So to me it's a pTunes issue in combination with Palm needing to give us the ROM update, hopefully fixing this.

TCPMP works perfectly with video playback and hmm......it sounds like my mp3's seem to play with the same amount of skipping using TCPMP, and all the while using SAG 1.08 with A2DP enabled. So I too don't think it's a card issue. Please fix this Palm and Sprint.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Any idea of the speed difference if you use TomTom with maps from this card, instead of the smaller (1gb) card they give you?
    Sorry it's all "seat of the pants" feel, I don't use Tom Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up xchpstang! Have you tried filling up the entire 8gb to see what happens?
    Working on it as I type. Will report as soon as I fill it up. I also see only 4GB total like all others but I will fill it up past that to see if there's any effect on performance when near full capacity.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast