Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 257
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcnaught View Post
    I followed the directions above (thanks +Kardboard+!), and popped in the Transcend 8GB card into my 700P. The card was recognized and opened fine.

    When I went to the Info selection in the Palm launcher to see how much capacity the Treo thought that card hard, I got a "3.5GB of 3.5GB free" message, indicating to me that the card capacity was not being recognized.

    I installed CardExport II as suggested, and my PC could see the 8GB card, and it registered as 8GB. So, I'm moving 4GB of files to it, to see if the capacity is really there, and the Treo misdisplayed it.

    Files still being copied, so I don't know yet (using Treo as a card reader is slow as mentioned). But I wanted to ask if any of you with the 8GB card have been able to load 8GB (or nearly) worth of files.
    I have been able to load over 5GB with no problem. However the Filez program read the capacity wrong. After I went over the 4BG mark it showed the balance of free space corectly, but not the used space. So go ahead and load up the card. because of formatting it is not a full 8GB, but it is close.
  2. #62  
    where is everyone purchasing there Class 2 Transcend 8gb cards from?

    best prices.....

    i found thIS

    http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?pa...=11-21397856-2

    $99 bucks then about $10 FOR SHIPPING
  3. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    where is everyone purchasing there Class 2 Transcend 8gb cards from?

    best prices.....

    i found thIS

    http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?pa...=11-21397856-2

    $99 bucks then about $10 FOR SHIPPING
    Almost better than that, is this deal with the Transcend 4GB cards for $66 bucks!!

    http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?pa...e&pn=TS4GSD150


    SMEGGIE
  4. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Almost better than that, is this deal with the Transcend 4GB cards for $66 bucks!!

    http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?pa...e&pn=TS4GSD150


    SMEGGIE
    Or the Transcend 4GB card at Buy.com for $49.95 with free shipping and no rebate!

    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...70&dcaid=17070
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  5. #65  
    What kind of deals are people getting on SDHC capable card readers? It doesnt seem to make much sense trying to move this much data via hotsync. A quick google search yielded a price of $48. Yikes
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    What kind of deals are people getting on SDHC capable card readers? It doesnt seem to make much sense trying to move this much data via hotsync. A quick google search yielded a price of $48. Yikes
    I already posted this. $8.00 Eight Dollars from Transcend
  7. #67  
    Get the SanDisk MicroMate to read the card on your Mac or PC:

    http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?pa...&pn=SDDR113A10
  8. #68  
    So is it just me or is this possibly just a driver problem with the card readers as well? Just a thought...
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Or the Transcend 4GB card at Buy.com for $49.95 with free shipping and no rebate!

    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...70&dcaid=17070
    ok thats a hot deal... correct me if i am wrong with the 4gb card u do not need the drive posted on this thread right...?

    i might just get that... i have a 1gb card now....

    if u get the 8gb card u have to get a special card reader?
    i have a card reader that came with PC, reads 4 different types of cards not sure if it will read the 8gb but should read the basic 4 gb one right...?

    and also with the 8gb card the treo never gives u correct amount of space available right, it looks at it as two seperate 4gb blocks....?
  10. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    ok thats a hot deal... correct me if i am wrong with the 4gb card u do not need the drive posted on this thread right...?

    i might just get that... i have a 1gb card now....

    if u get the 8gb card u have to get a special card reader?
    i have a card reader that came with PC, reads 4 different types of cards not sure if it will read the 8gb but should read the basic 4 gb one right...?

    and also with the 8gb card the treo never gives u correct amount of space available right, it looks at it as two seperate 4gb blocks....?
    I believe you are correct. The 4GB card is SD...not SDHC, and therefore should work in the 700P and your standard card reader OK (and not require the additional file like the 8GB or larger one would).

    However, since I haven't purchased this card and actually tried it, you might want to hold out for additional advice from someone who owns one.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  11. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I believe you are correct. The 4GB card is SD...not SDHC, and therefore should work in the 700P and your standard card reader OK (and not require the additional file like the 8GB or larger one would).

    However, since I haven't purchased this card and actually tried it, you might want to hold out for additional advice from someone who owns one.
    Yeah, you just pop the 4GB card in and away you go!! You will need the file if you get the 8GB card though...

    I also kicked down for a couple of the $8 Transcend readers and they are pretty good.

    Man, I can't believe how the prices on these things are dropping!! Just a few weeks ago I got a pretty good deal on a 4GB card for about $70 and now they're $50 bucks!! Damn!!



    SMEGGIE
  12. #72  
    are the speeds on the 8gb sdhc faster then a 4gb sd card? or SD vs sdhc isnt relative to speed

    i am going to run tomtom6 on the card and i dont want it to be lagging and having me miss all the turns, lol

    i think they also sell 4gb sdhc cards as well, in which i would need the file posted in this thread to work on the treo

    i guess my ? is... if i get a 4gb card should i get sd or sdhc one?
    8gb only come in sdhc
    thanks for clearing up all this SD stuff



    "As many people are aware, there are already SD cards on the market that exceed the 2 GB limit, and these people are almost certainly wondering about the need for the new SDHC format.

    These people should know that these cards are formatted with FAT32, not FAT16, which means that they aren't true SD cards. "

    http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=8870


    "The non-standard 4GB SD cards are the ones that work on Palms. There's no real need to do sector addressing on anything 4GB or below."

    anything that is above 2gb and is on the SD platform (Secure Digital 1.1) is non standard
    Last edited by italiangspot; 01/09/2007 at 08:03 AM.
  13. #73  
    guess my ? is... if i get a 4gb card should i get sd or sdhc one?
    8gb only come in sdhc
    thanks for clearing up all this SD stuff

    Hi italiangspot!

    As mentioned earlier by BridgeScore -- if you have to hard reset your 700P -- you would lose the file on the 700P that is making SDHC card readable -- and therefore will not be able to read the card or restore from it -- until that file is put back on the 700P. This makes a restore from your SD card backup on the fly, not possible -- you would have to wait until you could hotsync to your host PC to restore your Treo.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=47
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=51

    So I would go with the SD 4GB, if you wish to maintain the ability to backup on the fly.

    However, I carry the Concise Encyclopedia Britannica SD card in my wallet. So I have copied the SDHC file onto that -- so if necessary -- I could copy the file back to the Treo from that card and be back on my way with a restore from a 4GB SDHC or 8GB SDHC card.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/09/2007 at 08:26 AM.
  14. #74  
    ok sounds great

    as far as the sd vs sdhc cards, there is no do difference in the speed, correct, that is just the way they are formated

    i think i might just get the 4gb since i still have 40% space on my 1gb card so going forward i should be in the clear, even if i have to add more maps to the card for tomtom6

    was going to get the trascend 4gb
    Faster read and write speeds (up to 10MB/s and 9MB/s, respectively)

    or are the ultra II sandisk a better way to go, speed wise ?
  15. #75  
    I have the Transcend 150X 4GB card.

    Operationally, with programs, music and such -- I notice no difference from my standard blue 2GB San Disk SD card.

    However, the write speed of the card is abysmal, but even with this, it still gets a mark in the mid 600s on the VFSMark test. (In my 700P.) (It scored in the high 500s in my FAT32 Treo 650.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/09/2007 at 08:59 AM.
  16. #76  
    ok thanks again for all the info, when i get the card the right thing to do is format it fat32....?

    i also have sprint treo 700p
  17. #77  
    I would format in the 700P.

    Someone earlier posted that formating it in a card reader w/ 32k clusters would make it run faster. . . . .

    I did do that and had no speed change from the formatting provided by the 700P. I suggest formatting it in your Treo on the off chance that card and Treo will like each other better this way. (That was technical.) I have always formatted my cards with my Palm PDAs. They are still read by my card reader and I have never had an issue with one of them.

    (100% SanDisk Brand until the Transcend 150X 4GB.)
  18. #78  
    the 4gb transcend at buy.com for 49.99 is 45x

    need to find the 150x

    where did u purchase yours from
    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch...iteria=BA22932

    67 plus tax here
  19. #79  
    Got my Transcend 150X 4GB SD card in December from www.newegg.com for $85 shipped.
  20. #80  
    i am assuming that the $100 8gb sdhc transcend card isnt 150x for speed then

    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....5&RSKU=BA23315

    says class 2

    about the transcend 4gb card 150x anyone interested in that , u might want to check out buy.com
    $70 then u can use google checkout and save another $10 and free shipping

    total: $60
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions