Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    how is acc better than ogg? ogg sounds almost exactly the same in 64k as mp3 at 128k!
    are there only certain brand of 8gb cards that will work?
  3.    #23  
    The Transcend Class 2 is confirmed to work; don't know about any others.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    how much you pay for it? from where?
    If you install the file, does it make a standard SD card imcompatible? I installed the file in a Palm TX and it caused the infamous endless reset loop, and had to hard reset. I haven't tried it on 700p yet.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    No, I have the file installed on my 700p and it sees my Transcend 4gb card fine...
    I installed the file on my treo 700p also and my 4gb sd card is still recognized without any issues.........now time to get an 8gb card!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Depending on what you use to play your music, you should transcode to AAC+ v2 instead of OGG. It\'s a lot better.
    Ya think? I have a collection of mostly mp3's because I've been ripping my CD's since the late 90's. They range from 128kbps to 256. I did some research and found OGG seemed to be where it's at for effeciency at lower bit rates.

64-72 kbps sounds just find to me. Squeezed most of my collection (aside from songs I don't listen too to much on full albums) down to about 4gb

You figure aac+ is more effecient?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Buzz0 View Post
    Ya think? I have a collection of mostly mp3\'s because I\'ve been ripping my CD\'s since the late 90\'s. They range from 128kbps to 256. I did some research and found OGG seemed to be where it\'s at for effeciency at lower bit rates.

64-72 kbps sounds just find to me. Squeezed most of my collection (aside from songs I don\'t listen too to much on full albums) down to about 4gb

You figure aac+ is more effecient?
    AAC+ v2 (not standard AAC+) has parametric analysis and sounds much better at low bitrates. Your 64kbps OGG files are probably comparable to 24 or 32bps AAC+ v2. http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/aacPlus.htm
    Any word on support for the Treo 650? Anybody tried?
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  11.    #31  
    See the 650 forum. People have tried and claimed that it's working.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up. But obviously, I have to hack the ROM, unlike this, which is a simple copy. I may have to venture into the world of ROM hacking then.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Here is a good place to get the cards

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SubCategory=68
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Here is a good place to get the cards

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SubCategory=68
    Note reviews on second card in the listing. Lots of devices won't recognize these cards. The 700p is not alone.
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddoo View Post
    Note reviews on second card in the listing. Lots of devices won't recognize these cards. The 700p is not alone.
    There are like less than 10 camera models officially support it. I hope that's not a surprise to you.
    Folks, can anyone suggest a way to copy the rom file to either the handheld directly or to an old 64mb card with no card reader. Just received a 700p from Santa and want to buy some memory. I prefer to buy the 8GB SDHC. However, I need to install the file prior to using the card.

Thanks in advance, JTT
    Try filez.
    I tried Filez, but maybe it's my lack of knowledge. I need to copy the file that resides on my computer to the extended memory card and then copy yhe file from the card into the rom. My question is if someone knows a way to get the file from my computer onto the card. Because I don't have a card reader, I tried to "sync" the file to the extended card and then copy, but I can't highlight the file on my card to complete the copy command in Filez. The solution is probably simple but it is escaping me at the moment.

Thanks in adnvance, JTT
    http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/

use this, will make your treo become a card reader, there is a trial period so u can do what u need to do

open mycomputer and u will see a new drive letter, that will be your treos card, drop file u want in it, either to old card or new one
    Thank you italiangspot. I'll give it a try. Kind Regards, JTT
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast