Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    you beat me to it! well done.

For those that dont click on the link or are just lurking and this thread pops up in a search...

The POS only recognizes 4GB at a time. In this example you will find that the POS breaks the 8GB card into 2 sections. 16GB into 4 etc. Dont worry, all your data is there and it will see it all, the OS will only see 4GB of it at a time tho.

For example, if you fill your card with mp3's say... 7GB worth, you create an "all" play list in PTunes. It will play all those songs (7GB worth) but the Treo will only see 4GB. It will show 1GB free of 4 available.

Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    you beat me to it! well done.

For those that dont click on the link or are just lurking and this thread pops up in a search...

The POS only recognizes 4GB at a time. In this example you will find that the POS breaks the 8GB card into 2 sections. 16GB into 4 etc. Dont worry, all your data is there and it will see it all, the OS will only see 4GB of it at a time tho.

For example, if you fill your card with mp3's say... 7GB worth, you create an "all" play list in PTunes. It will play all those songs (7GB worth) but the Treo will only see 4GB. It will show 1GB free of 4 available.

Hope this helps.
    By POS...

When you say 'POS" you mean 'Palm OS', correct? I often refer to my 700P as a POS however my acronym means something completely different...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    ahhhhhhhhhhh fuggin smeggie...

hahahah

There is no spoon.
    Will Card Reader or Card Export II show all 8gb of an 8gb SDHC card?
    On the PC side yes.
    There is no spoon.
    I just received my 8gb A-Data Class 6 SDHC card from newegg. I'm impressed with the performance...it's even faster that the old Ocz 150x SD card that I had in my 700p. I noticed the difference right away with the loading of Tomtom 6 as well as when new routes are calculated. I did format the card in FAT32 using 32k allocation as suggested by many here.

I got mine for $49.99 + $5 shipping...but there's a $20 mail-in rebate bringing the cost down to about $35 shipped. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211180

I'm in no way affiliated with newegg.
    I just got a 16GB card and I cant figure out which way is the best way to format it? Via windows or via my 700P?
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    You need to download the Panasonic sdhc card format program. it is free and it is the best choice in my opinion. I format all my sdhc cards and sd cards with it. It detects what is the best way to format and works great.
    Looks like the A-Data 8gb SDHC Class 6 card is now $35.99 (plus tax in CA) with free shipping and NO REBATES at newegg. I'm tempted to buy more!
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    You need to download the Panasonic sdhc card format program. it is free and it is the best choice in my opinion. I format all my sdhc cards and sd cards with it. It detects what is the best way to format and works great.
    Got a link?
    There is no spoon.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    BTW thank you VERY much!!
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    No Problem. Sorry I didn't post the link. I was replying from my Centro, But as you you can tell it is easy to find.

Glad to help.
    OrionNE
    Seems like this thread is saying you can copy over the 680 driver to the 650 and get the 650 to see SDHC cards... Has anyone done this successfully yet? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I've got a 650 custom rom with the Fat32, I have 4Gb. But I think it doesn't support SDHC. Would love to have support for the 8Gb SDHC cards
    What driver for the 680 is it?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I've been using a PNY 32GB class4 SDHC card for a coulpe of days and it is working great. Got it here for $150:

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-P-SDHC32G4-FS-Secure-Digital-Capacity/dp/B0019K261G/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214303153&sr=8-2
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213