Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    I have posted this here before. Perhaps someone here might have found the information.

We know that the SDIO-sdsd-prc file allows us to be able to use SDHC cards in our 700p. But none of the 700p file utilities like FILEZ seem to be able to report the correct amount of space on the SDHC card(free/used).

The observation is that we see two chunks of 4GB memory space. We see the first chunk until we go over 4GB of used space and then we are able to see the second 4GB chunk or memory space.

There must be a ROM file in the 680 that allows these utilities to work properly. Has anyone identified the file we need to complement the SDIO-sdsd.prc file so we can get the memory space usage correctly?

I know that we can plug the 700p into the laptop or desktop or use an external card reader. I want to be able to use a utility out in the field using just the 700p.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i think the one from ebay is SD card not SDHC, is from the black market

SD cards are not made over 4gb,,, i think might not even be over 2gb... anything over is black market...anything over 2gb really needs to run on fat32, hence the development of sdhc.. and sdhc cards do not go by max speed ratings like the one on ebay 150x... sdhc cards go by there minn speed rating, class 2,4,6

sd and sdhc cards are rated two different ways
    ------
    Admittedly the card looks "fishy"...i.e. generic blue label, no name on it, no class rating....just "8GB SD"

When checked on my laptop with the card reader I'm sure I saw somewhere that it was formatted with FAT32...but can't seem to duplicate that info now.

I have 1.28 GB of mp3 files on it so far...some transferred using mOcean to sync with Itunes and some copied directly from My Music folder with the card reader in the laptop.

Treo Card Info program shows 3.71GB available
    Laptop and card reader show 6.37GB available

Two runs of VFS Mark resulted in VFS Mark scores of 697 and 721, ....respectable...but not the fastest reported so far. ...and File Write speeds were SLOW compared to some other cards, reported in the two runs at 7% and 14%.
    Last edited by Wchapman; 02/22/2007 at 01:23 AM.
    Warren C.
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    TCPMP works, but old version of PT causes skipping with this card; I cannot get Pocket Tunes v. 3.1.6 to play MP3s from my Patriot 8gb SDHC card, class 4, without massive skipping after about 30 secs, as I reported previously in this thread.

I was considering returning the card before reading xchpstang's post. thanks!
    would u be able to help me out, i see that u have a patriot 8gb card as well, same one as i purchased
    does your treo loose the connection with the card here and there

the one time i can duplicate everytime is when i backup to it using nvbackup or rescobackup, could you please advise so i know if the trble is with this specific card or my treo, thanks so much
    No loss of the SD card with my Patriot 8GB Class 4 SDHC. The thing is super-fast as well. The VFSMark tests are great!
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    No loss of the SD card with my Patriot 8GB Class 4 SDHC. The thing is super-fast as well. The VFSMark tests are great!
    Would you mind posting your VFSMark and CardSpeed scores?
    do u backup to card with rescobackup or nvbackup?

when i do that is when the card is no longer mounted, right after the backup

i just hard reset my treo.. starting from factory settings

installed filez to move slot driver over to ram from a regular sd card and i installed rescobackup, made a new backup to the card and as soon as backup was done i lost the card......?

if i eject card and put back in i gain the card again

if u click on the slot driver in filez and click on attrs, what do u see checked off, all that i have checked is read only and resource DB.. does anyone have anything else chekced off, does file have to be locked some how?

what has everyone done with the 8gb card when they received it, how did u format it or did u just pop in the treo, i noticed that u cannot format from the card info application .. has format option but doesnt seem to work on the sdhc cards

i formated using card reader and my PC through dos to fat32..

could it be that i have a bad card... but everything else works and saving stuff to it works fine, not that often u find a bad card
    Last edited by italiangspot; 03/06/2007 at 09:40 PM.
    VSMark = 1001
    CardSpeed = 2.25sec, 234, 689852, 2912711
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    VSMark = 1001
    CardSpeed = 2.25sec, 234, 689852, 2912711
    My Transcend Class 2 (from newegg) always seems like a dog (particularly on writes and deletes) just got 810 VSFMark.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    do u backup to card with rescobackup or nvbackup?

when i do that is when the card is no longer mounted, right after the backup

i just hard reset my treo.. starting from factory settings

installed filez to move slot driver over to ram from a regular sd card and i installed rescobackup, made a new backup to the card and as soon as backup was done i lost the card......?

if i eject card and put back in i gain the card again

if u click on the slot driver in filez and click on attrs, what do u see checked off, all that i have checked is read only and resource DB.. does anyone have anything else chekced off, does file have to be locked some how?

>>> Nope- thats all I have. Also Type: libs, Creator sdsd, Size, 50688 b, 3 recs, Unique ID -218102696, card 0, Version ID 1. Created/Modified 9/14/06 12:49pm

what has everyone done with the 8gb card when they received it, how did u format it or did u just pop in the treo, i noticed that u cannot format from the card info application .. has format option but doesnt seem to work on the sdhc cards.

i formated using card reader and my PC through dos to fat32..

>>>>Mine was formatted (Transcend), but I ended up reformatting using the program I mentioned above.

could it be that i have a bad card... but everything else works and saving stuff to it works fine, not that often u find a bad card
    Maybe. But, just set rescobackup to soft reset after a backup. Or, if its really really really bugging you, reformat using the formatting program I mentioned and see if its any different.

Do you know anyone with a 700p you could try your card in?
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Hi.

Make sure you truly are formated at 32k. I think chkdsk e: should report what the formatting is.

I ended up using this program: http://www.sdcard.org/Downloads.aspx

Still- this the new 8gh sdhc transcend seems much slower than my old 150x 4gb transcend.

btw- When I formatted it using the cardinfo utility in my 700p, it was formatted 4k and terribly slow. Resco backup was taking 20 mins to complete.

ok cool, i just ran chkdsk and it found a list of errors, it corrected them, will see what happens now....

i also can try your formatting... thats another idea if this didnt fix it

i can try in a friends treo 700p, thats another idea but i thought that wasnt necessary being that i hard reset my treo and just installed filez to move over slot driver and rescobackup and i still was loosing the card

i just backed up to card and did not loose it, trying to backup again to another profile, THIS MIGHT OF FIXED IT
    what did u select for format type and format size, i am thinking off for format size but not sure for format type if i should pick erase on or off or leave at quick....

the chkdsk didnt help my issue
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    what did u select for format type and format size, i am thinking off for format size but not sure for format type if i should pick erase on or off or leave at quick....

the chkdsk didnt help my issue

Thats too bad!

I am sorry, I just can't remember the settings I used!
    I have an onboard memory card reader on my laptop. I bought a SDHC card and the onboard reader wouldnt see it. I downloaded that hot fix listed earlier in this thread and installed it. It worked! I just wanted to say thanks for posting it.

I should also mention that I called Dell support to see if there was an update for the card readers driver. They didnt have one. Then I remembered the post about the hotfix. Thanks again!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo View Post
    I am hoping to get the sdhc card I ordered the other day here by friday so I can test this on my wx (rumored to have sdhc driver) and my p with the 680 drivers before my flight on sunday
    Any luck using an 8 GB SDHC card on a Treo 700wx??

Thanks,
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have the Patriot 8GB SDHC card and I'm having a similar problem to italiangspot. I don't use Resco, but with TomTom Navigator when I exit the program the card loses connection. I remove and insert the card and it's fine again. Of course TomTom launches automatically so I have to be in the CardInfo program to prevent the disconnect. I have seen the lost communication a couple times when exiting PocketTunes as well. My guess is that there is some conflict when the programs discontinue a connection to the card that causes it to think that it has been ejected.

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix? I have chkdsk'ed, reformatted (DOS and Samsung) and I still have the same problem. I have not done a complete hard reset and reinstall yet.
    Last edited by gruswitz; 03/23/2007 at 01:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruswitz View Post
    I have the Patriot 8GB SDHC card and I'm having a similar problem to italiangspot. I don't use Resco, but with TomTom Navigator when I exit the program the card loses connection. I remove and insert the card and it's fine again. Of course TomTom launches automatically so I have to be in the CardInfo program to prevent the disconnect. I have seen the lost communication a couple times when exiting PocketTunes as well. My guess is that there is some conflict when the programs discontinue a connection to the card that causes it to think that it has been ejected.

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix? I have chkdsk'ed, reformatted (DOS and Samsung) and I still have the same problem. I have not done a complete hard reset and reinstall yet.
    I've got the same card you do, gruswitz - and I've seen the same problem...more with "alternative" cluster sizes. Bottom line, the 32K cluster seems to be the most stable and the quickest. I did a LOT of testing on this personally - VFSMark / CardSpeed / etc. with all different formats, and this seems to be the best.
    Hope it helps - and let me know if anyone wants me to post my speed scores with all sorts of different formatting options....
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks mtrimmer. I'll give that a try. What program did you use to set the cluster size? I'd love to see the speed scores. Do you still get the disconnecting occasionally with the 32K cluster size?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I used the Disk Management utility in Windows XP (Start, right-click on "My Computer", select "Manage", go down 2/3 of the way to "Disk Management"). You can right-click on the SD card drive, select format and you can select the cluster size by changing the Allocation unit size (32K is what I used). Also, for what it's worth - I made sure NOT to select "Perform a quick format" - it doesn't take any longer, so why screw around?

Patriot 8GB SDHC Class 4 out of the box:
    Cardspeed:
    VFSMark:
    678 <-- This hurt!

Patriot 8GB SDHC Class 4 AFTER 32K format:
    Cardspeed:
    VFSMark:
    958 <-- Not too shabby!
    Your numbers are a small bit slower than mine, but close enough. See post 207. The Patriot is a great card and an incredible deal at about $60.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The difference in speeds could be due to the fact that I already have 3.5 GB loaded - it was a bit quicker when the card was blank!
    I agree - the card is great!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast