Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Remember that SDHC card speed is measured by their class. 2, 4 and 6. 2 is the slowest. If you want something faster, check out this 8GB Class 4 card for $59. http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...&Action=Detail

It\'s actually $49 after rebate and $10 GoogleCheckout discount.
    but note italiangspot's troubles with this card and resco backup mentioned above.
    Samsung Class 4 8gig sdhc. Its supposed to be a rocket.
    http://www.flash-memory-store.com/sa...gital-8gb.html
    anyone want to buy mine for $60 plus shipping? nothing wrong with it, just want a higher speed one.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    anyone want to buy mine for $60 plus shipping? nothing wrong with it, just want a higher speed one.

I think people are too concerned with the different classes of sdhc cards. I have an a-data 8gb, class 2. It does take a bit longer to transfer files to the card from my computer via card reader. However, I transferred a 700mb file in about 3 1/2 minutes. As far as the speed of the card in my 700P, I can't see much difference from a 4gb 150x card. There is a difference with a program is searching or indexing the card, but I suspect that is because there is twice as much space. As far as playing movies or music, there is no difference and it works good. As people have said before, the class 2 means a minimum of 2mb/sec tranfer rate. That is probably faster than the bus speed in the Treo.
    yes, as mentioned i have the patriot 8gb class 4 card, i do not have any speed related issues, the only thing i have experienced is that i keep loosing the card when i backup to it, a simple reject of card and placing back in usually re-establishes it...

all this talk about formatting card, is that something u need to do with the 8gb cards SDHC...?

i thought only the 4gb SD cards neded to be formated to fat32 because they are built on fat16, but all sdhc cards are fat32, reason being of the new edision of SDHC cards... i just plugged in my card in treo from factory without formatting it, do u think that is a reason that my treo keeps loosing connection with card after i backup to it?... if i should format what is the best process to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow View Post
    Question for all of you using an 8gb sd card and expierencing SLOW xfer rates,
    did you format the card according to these instructions;

format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K

Had a 4gb card that was SLOW and once I reformatted the xfer rate was excellent and now I have a 8gb enroute and need to be prepared
    I would try this with any new 8gb card.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I would try this with any new 8gb card.
    format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K

guessing this is command through DOS, x= the drive letter for which the SDHC card is in....?

is the "a" suppose to be x ? (the drive that the SDHC card is on or the correct syntex is the letter "A"?

i looked into formatting card on the treo with the ROM application cardinfo, if u go to menu it says format card, but i am not sure if it is formatting with fat32 or fat16, there is no option, anyone know....

are people formatting through there treo or from the PC?
    I'm wondering as well whether we can just use "Card Reader" or "Card Export II" on the Treo so that we don't have to have a separate SDHC card reader on the PC to be able to format an SDHC card.

BTW, the command "format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K" is accurate. Substitute X: with your SDHC card reader/writer's drive letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    I'm wondering as well whether we can just use "Card Reader" or "Card Export II" on the Treo so that we don't have to have a separate SDHC card reader on the PC to be able to format an SDHC card.

BTW, the command "format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K" is accurate. Substitute X: with your SDHC card reader/writer's drive letter.
    ok so the A:32k says the same, the A doesnt change to drive letter

i was going to use card reader to format card with that command.. my PC card reader doesnt even notice the SDHC type cards....

i am guessing that is the better way to go since formating with treo u cannot select fat32
    I don't have an SDHC card. I do have both "Card Reader" and "Card Export II" in my Treo. I tried Card Reader...once my laptop assigned a drive letter for my Treo, I clicked on properties of the Treo drive from XP, I can format the SD card there. I'm guessing that if I went into the DOS command line and actually performed a format, it would work as well. I didn't actually format my SD card though as I've got some stuff there.

So moral of the story...if you don't have an SDHC reader/writer on your PC, use "Card Reader" to format your card. Free trial: here
    i formated to fat32 via DOS and still when i backup to my patriot 8gb sdhc class 4 card i loose the card, until i reset or remove card to remount it

rescobackup or nvbackup

i prob should of just got the 4gb SD card, and not deal with the driver hack
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i formated to fat32 via DOS and still when i backup to my patriot 8gb sdhc class 4 card i loose the card, until i reset or remove card to remount it

rescobackup or nvbackup

i prob should of just got the 4gb SD card, and not deal with the driver hack

Never "lost" my a-data card. It backs up with rescobackup every night.
    Never "lost" my a-data card. It backs up with rescobackup every night.
    is it a SDHC card or regular SD card?
    after it backs up does it perform a reset?
    did u format it on treo or on PC?
    It's an 8gb sdhc. I don't reset after a backup, but do clear the dbcache. Formatted on a pc with card reader.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    maybe its the dbcache clean, turn it off and see if it works better.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Severa people have asked if this card works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270090250547

Yes it works after installing the hack SDIO-sdsd.prc as instructed in this thread. http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/02/treo_8gb_hdsc_c.html

I copyied the into file my internal memory and HOORAY !!!! I now have the card working, although CARD INFO only shows 3.7 gb available, the info I read about the hack says this is normal and that actually about 7.8gb is really available to me.

The card comes with it's own card reader. It's falling in price also...$2 less than when I bought it 4 days ago. Recent article I read about Sandisk laying off workers says that memory prices will continue to fall this year because of glut on the market.

I don't have 4+gb of my CD ripped to CD's yet but will report later what happens when I go over the 3.7gb reported.

Also haven't used it enough yet to see if there are any problems. I'm just glad I've gotten my 700P to see the card.
    Warren C.
    It's an 8gb sdhc. I don't reset after a backup, but do clear the dbcache. Formatted on a pc with card reader.
    how much space is used on your card, i heard that if u have less then 4gb on card u might come into some issues,... do u have more than 4gb of info on card

i dont have 4GB used as of yet
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    how much space is used on your card, i heard that if u have less then 4gb on card u might come into some issues,... do u have more than 4gb of info on card

i dont have 4GB used as of yet
    From Card Info, I have 4080mb used, 3635 free.
    Hmmm...are the photos in the ebay SDHC cards accurate? It doesn't show the SDHC's card's class on the card itself...also, the card reader doesn't say whether it supports SDHC cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Hmmm...are the photos in the ebay SDHC cards accurate? It doesn't show the SDHC's card's class on the card itself...also, the card reader doesn't say whether it supports SDHC cards.
    i think the one from ebay is SD card not SDHC, is from the black market

SD cards are not made over 4gb,,, i think might not even be over 2gb... anything over is black market...anything over 2gb really needs to run on fat32, hence the development of sdhc.. and sdhc cards do not go by max speed ratings like the one on ebay 150x... sdhc cards go by there minn speed rating, class 2,4,6

sd and sdhc cards are rated two different ways