Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    anyone have any recommnendations?
    Trafficstat doesnt work with 680, and im desperate to know how much traffic im using...

my IM might cause my bill to be SKY HIGH!!

thanks bros/sis
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    no such thing exists?

Quote Originally Posted by sprockett View Post
    anyone have any recommnendations?
    Trafficstat doesnt work with 680, and im desperate to know how much traffic im using...

my IM might cause my bill to be SKY HIGH!!

thanks bros/sis
    Quote Originally Posted by sprockett View Post
    Trafficstat doesnt work with 680
    Works fine for me.
    Are you sure it's working? The vendor's website says "Please note that the Treo 680 does not work properly with TrafficStat at this time. We are looking into this problem."

http://www.normsoft.com/products/palm/trafficstat/
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    Are you sure it's working? The vendor's website says "Please note that the Treo 680 does not work properly with TrafficStat at this time. We are looking into this problem."

http://www.normsoft.com/products/palm/trafficstat/
    Version 4.1 of TrafficStat worked perfectly on my 650, but it sends my 680 into a reset loop. I sent a customer service request to NormSoft and received an email reply on Dec. 11 stating:
    "I'm afraid that there are several problems with TrafficStat on the Treo 680, like the one that you've described. I hope that we'll be able to fix this soon, but I'm afraid I cannot make any guarantees. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have added a note on our website about the current incompatibility with the Treo 680."

Smaato Cost is a usable alternative, but I prefer Traffic Stat.
    I never found Traffic Stat to be reliable anyway.... I recall once streaming music for about 30s to listen to something really fast and it didn't even show up in Traffic Stat at all.
    I'm using Smaato Cost, since it's freeware. I'm not sure where they make their money back though, as it's way too pretty to be a free lunch.
    Trafficstat hasn't been updated in years. I used it on the 650 (and it had a couple of bugs there), but it had significant problems on the 700p. I sent in bug reports and heard they were looking at it. Nothing was ever updated or fixed. I would stay far away from it, I don't think it's ever going to be fixed.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I never found Traffic Stat to be reliable anyway.... I recall once streaming music for about 30s to listen to something really fast and it didn't even show up in Traffic Stat at all.
    That's probably cause you were listening to it at very low volume.
    I have the same problem when I migrate to 680 from 650 and thought I want to preserve all the data in TrafficStat, bad idea cause it keep on resetting.

What i did was delete TrafficStat and trashed all the data then do a clean install. That was 3 days ago and it's been humming along nicely without reset ever since.

I don't know why and how but that's what happened to me.

best
    Idian
    Quote Originally Posted by idian View Post
    I have the same problem when I migrate to 680 from 650 and thought I want to preserve all the data in TrafficStat, bad idea cause it keep on resetting.

What i did was delete TrafficStat and trashed all the data then do a clean install. That was 3 days ago and it's been humming along nicely without reset ever since.

I don't know why and how but that's what happened to me.

best
    Idian
    I did a fresh installation on my 680, but I still got the reset loop. TrafficStat seemed to work fine when I first installed it, but a few hours later (after I did a soft reset) the 680 would only boot up to the blue lettered "Palm OS" screen before resetting again and again.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    tried both on my 680, it doesnt register any of my causerie traffic or my blazer traffic!

this sux!

anyone else encounter this?
    Smaato Cost is currently freeware. Its the best there is for the Treo. We're using on the 650 and 680. Computes your cost the way it should. Roll over minutes, data per kb or duration online, calls made to your home network, roaming, etc. They got it figured out. Its made in Germany : )
    I installed Smaato Cost and was disappointed. It was unable to track my data usage. I do not need to track phone calls this way. I am only concerned with data. The program also led to continuous looping resets.

I have deleted this garbage and reverted back to Trafficstat. Trafficstat works fine.
    Smaato Cost runs pretty great for me