1.    #1  
    tuner2.com

how good is the audio quality from the tuner2 and do they work with Ptunes 4.0?
    Why people keep calling AAC+ acc??? It is AAC
    http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/aacPlus.htm

Al
    'aacPlus' is NOT 'AAC' - Two different codecs!
    from the link in the post above:
    "aacPlus v1 is the combination of AAC and SBR, standardized as the High-Efficiency profile in MPEG-4 (HE AAC)"

so aacPlus = AAC + SBR (as indicated in graphic in same article.

also see the graph at the bottom of the link, 'aacPlus' is second in quality, 'AAC' is fourth (Original first).

fave radio station: XRMRadio Electronic (www.xrmradio.com), streams aacPlus on shoutcast at 32 and 96 kbps.

why would Ptunes, winamp, shoutcast etc specifically note 'aacPlus' rather than just 'AAC' - because they're not the same.

It's great on the Treo/Ptunes 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TBRunner View Post
    'aacPlus' is NOT 'AAC' - Two different codecs!
    from the link in the post above:
    "aacPlus v1 is the combination of AAC and SBR, standardized as the High-Efficiency profile in MPEG-4 (HE AAC)"

so aacPlus = AAC + SBR (as indicated in graphic in same article.

also see the graph at the bottom of the link, 'aacPlus' is second in quality, 'AAC' is fourth (Original first).

fave radio station: XRMRadio Electronic (www.xrmradio.com), streams aacPlus on shoutcast at 32 and 96 kbps.

why would Ptunes, winamp, shoutcast etc specifically note 'aacPlus' rather than just 'AAC' - because they're not the same.

It's great on the Treo/Ptunes 4
    I do know that, but I was talking about people who keep saying acc and acc+ when it is supposed to be aac and aac+. It is a great addition that PTunes supports AAC+ because it sounds way better than mp3s at the same rate. I've listened to 32kbps radios that sound like CD quality and I don't even need to be on an EVDO area. I still want EVDO on my area, but with AAC+ through PTunes I can live with it for a bit longer. Sprint is killing me with the EVDO wait here in Modesto...

Al
  5.    #5  
    thanks for clearing that up for me guys. i'm not sure if i wanna upgrade to Ptunes 4.0 just yet. i think it would be nice since i have a t650 though