1.    #1  
    So my wife decided to throw my 680 across the room (it slipped as she was taking it out of the case) and everything seems to work except the screen. There's a crack across the bottom of the screen and the whole thing is white. Can't get anything but white.

This sucks!

Is there anywhere I can buy another screen to try and fix it or am I screwed? Any ideas on how to try and save it? Like I said, everything else seems to work just fine (I can hear the system click as I click on different things, I even made a call with it). Can I get a 650, 700 or 750 screen to replace the one on my 680? Any advice would help as I don't really want to shell out another $400 on another device if there is any way to help it.

Thanks!
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    WOW. That sucks. How vigorously was she pulling it out??? You might try contacting the guys over at pdaparts.com, i think they have a repair service.

Here's a link to the service, Gethightech
    These are 650/700p screens. You would need to confirm that the 680 is the same.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=CS

Note the link to videos at the bottom of the page. There is a video on dis-assembling the 680.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    This just happened to a buddy of mine. His 680 fell off a desk onto a carpeted floor on its back, and the internal lcd cracked.... ouch, we have to be careful with these things!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  5. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Speaking of dropping 680s, i was holding mine up the other day and a friend accidentally knocked it out of my hand. It fell on the bed i was sitting on then slid onto the hardwood floor. I was like, "oooooohhhh nooooooo", but luckily it wasn't harmed, I did have it in one of those rubber skins, maybe that made the difference.