Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I am semi-new to Palm OS again and could use a few suggestions. I would like to find a program to keep track of battery life, especially if it could show a graph, so I know how the battery is doing throughout the day for a number of days in a row.

Also, is there an application that will cause the screen to shut off completely during calls so as to save the battery?

Is there any Voice Command type of software? I REALLY like this program on WM devices and would love to have it on the Palm if possible.
    Go to this link for Battery Graph. It'll do what you want:

http://palm.jeroenwitteman.com/BatteryGraph/index.php

I am currently using it to evaluate my 680's performance.

This looks like a great app, I just installed it. I wish that I had it installed with my first 680 - it would have helped with that return process alot.

Dunc
    Battery Graph needs maintenance.. You *have* to launch the program often, or the database gets large and makes things very slow to turn on or off. And if you use ANY background applications, you'll see a serious battery drain combined with BG as this happens: Background app comes up to do work, Battery Graph fires up and loads database, updates, writes db, Treo goes to sleep. You'll see LOTS of little 'ticks' in the Battery Graph graph to indicate on/off, if you're seeing that then you're likely seriously harming your battery life by just using the program.

I tossed it, too much trouble.. It was okay on my old SJ22 without any background apps, but with the things that run on my Treo it just wasn't working well.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Battery Graph needs maintenance.. You *have* to launch the program often, or the database gets large and makes things very slow to turn on or off. And if you use ANY background applications, you'll see a serious battery drain combined with BG as this happens: Background app comes up to do work, Battery Graph fires up and loads database, updates, writes db, Treo goes to sleep. You'll see LOTS of little 'ticks' in the Battery Graph graph to indicate on/off, if you're seeing that then you're likely seriously harming your battery life by just using the program.

I tossed it, too much trouble.. It was okay on my old SJ22 without any background apps, but with the things that run on my Treo it just wasn't working well.
    I loaded Battery Graph and then had to do two factory resets after loading two other programs. Battery graph hasn't noticeably set my device into perpetual reset like the other two apps did. However after only disconnecting it from the AC charger today around 2:30pm and only physically checking the phone a few times when I tapped on BG statistics - it said the phone had turned on 401 times today! How come? Is that how many times the phone tried to connect to the network because the siganl is so poor at my house?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I think all those on/off cycles may be due to your auto off settings. If I set auto off to 'never' via third party software batterygraph shows more accurate on/off ticks while charging.

Either the OS erroneously reports or battgraph erroneously interprets on/off when plugged in and charging (and auto off set to one of the standard settings). See what it reports if you set auto off to something longer (I see fewer cycles when auto off is set longer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I loaded Battery Graph and then had to do two factory resets after loading two other programs. Battery graph hasn't noticeably set my device into perpetual reset like the other two apps did. However after only disconnecting it from the AC charger today around 2:30pm and only physically checking the phone a few times when I tapped on BG statistics - it said the phone had turned on 401 times today! How come? Is that how many times the phone tried to connect to the network because the siganl is so poor at my house?
    What programs do you have installed? Anything in the background, like Chatter, Verichat, Butler, etc?
    So then...what program DOES work well with other apps like Butler (which I got) other than battery graph?
    Try this program that I got from the owner of oem company that makes the chargers for our treos. Havn't used it a lot but it may work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    jwarn3rd,

Cool app.. can't believe I've not seen this before...
    How does the calibration with this program work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwarn3rd View Post
    Try this program that I got from the owner of oem company that makes the chargers for our treos. Havn't used it a lot but it may work.
    thanx i'll try it!
    I'm curious where the historical data comes from... Does Palm save a database of recent info like this?

It's interesting that there's peaks of 600ma discharge here and there while in sleep on my 650. Otherwise it seems to stay around 160ma.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    It's interesting that there's peaks of 600ma discharge here and there while in sleep on my 650. Otherwise it seems to stay around 160ma.
    How far apart are those 600ma peaks?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Really cool program. Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    How far apart are those 600ma peaks?
    I am not sure actually, I didn't leave it on too long. After I reset I was having funny problems with the 680 with Battery.prc running; should have mentioned it here when it was fresh in my mind.

The screen was coming on I think, and the LED kept going from green to red, and it was hard to turn on.

Was fine until I reset.. So apparently at reset time, it puts in some hooks into the OS.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Is there a readme or how to for this program (TreoBattery v3.2)?
    I've been playing with this today. I haven't been brave enough to experiment with any of the options in the Menus. Set Alert Levels looks pretty straightforward, but I don't really understand the Calibration or Sleep Mode menus. Anybody else figure them out?